• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SAF wants you to wear No. 4 to WORK on 1 July

peterlth

Alfrescian
Loyal
My HR Manager just told me that she received a letter from SAF. Asking our company to "encourage NSmen employees to don their SAF uniform at the workplace on 1st July" to recognize our NSmen on Singapore Armed Forces Day.

This is funny ....

Those who wear No. 4 on that day will receive discounts as "This effort is in conjunction with popular retailers offering special promotions to servicemen wearing their uniform on that day."

SAF also "request that you (my company) consider appreciating your NSmen employees in your own special ways on that day."

Lets see how many green men in the city on 1 July!

images

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My HR Manager just told me that she received a letter from SAF. Asking our company to "encourage NSmen employees to don their SAF uniform at the workplace on 1st July" to recognize our NSmen on Singapore Armed Forces Day.

Do you get to bonk your HR manager on July 1? in your lumber 4??:biggrin:

Last edited:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
hehehe... wake up your idea, understand? ask your grandmother to wear the number 4 yourself :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hehehe... wake up your idea, understand? ask your grandmother to wear the number 4 yourself :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Should ask a few hot chicks in office to wear No4, braless and unbuttoned. This is called proper recognition for the sacrifices of NSmen for protecting the women who do not serve.

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Moi ok with tat...but moi got 1 problem...moi can no longer fit into moi lumber 4...do we get a day off b4 1 july for kit exchange? :biggrin::biggrin:

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Cheebye SAF. Every year ICT wear lumpar 4 for 14 days, default IPPT still have to wear 1 day. Total 15 days still not enough?

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Popular retailers giving discounts on 1st Jul?! Are those shops same group involve in the NS45 campaign...

Anyway, now GSS better discounts! Anyone "ON" enough to wear No.4 to Shop at Orchard on 1st July... I don't mind giving him a 10%!

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think they SAF had enuf of pinky already, they want to organise a revolution. July 1st is the date.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
In almost all companies, the NSmen are in vast minority. This 1st July uniform day will serve to remind all NSmen that they are defending foreigners and sinkie women who no longer want to do their reproduction national service.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this wear no.4 nonsense started long ago. but mostly restrict to stats board and GLC. fellow reservists told stories of kenna forced to wear no4 on that day and go auditorium to say saf pledge with colleagues and management level ppl. kenna tease by fellow managers because they officers while he only a lcp.

anyway this for ppl still have liability, the rest of us also cannot get discount from stores because our no.4 are the old design.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whenever I wear No. 4, I feel like sleeping or dozing off, anywhere,on the couch. Bus stop, or desk. Does it mean that HR will let us doze off in our workplace? If so, that is a great and welcome move!