• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SAF soldiers' IPPT likely to change; push-ups added and run set at 3.2km

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
More people like me will fail and go RT loh!

oct2313_ippt.jpg

Key changes are expected to include the scrapping of the standing broad jump station and adding push-ups as a testing criterion, The Straits Times has learnt.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
RT ke mama! ole ole ah! ah!
RT ke mama! ole ole ah! ah!
shake it up! yeah!
shake it up! yeah!
shake shake! yeah! yeah!
shake it up! yeah!
RT!

evisionary

Alfrescian
Loyal
Push Up!!! Will improve all NSmen fucking skill!
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/2wThjF00Xl0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Servicemen will also have to run 3.2km instead of the current 2.4km to test endurance over longer distances.

Expect more Sinkie NS slaves to die of heart attack during IPPT or RT. :wink:

They could have just reduced the passing requirements, but pride and that nonsense about 'operational readiness' got in the way and the Mindef employees in charge of training came up with something creative in order to score some career points for themselves.

I run regularly and have no problems (up till 2008 I was a perennial RT personnel, having went to both Khatib and Maju for RT), but if those fat uncles couldn't manage to survive 2.4km, what the hell made Mindef think they will survive an additional 800m? :rolleyes:

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
All SAF servicemen should be made to pass the SEAL PST (Physical Standards test):

4 mile timed run in PT shirt, slacks and boots: 32 minutes or less
1 mile ocean swim: 12 min 30 seconds or less
Push ups: At least 42 in 2 minutes
Pull ups: At least 6 in one stretch
Sit ups: At least 50 in 2 minutes

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
More people like me will fail and go RT loh!

the picture look like bedok camp. i been to marju, khatib and bedok camp for RT.i last attend RT in 2007,i think. RT had gone soft, compare to the first time i went RT in 2000, it was a grueling 3km(i think) run around(2 rounds) khatib camp follow by another 2hrs static excerises by BMT standard sadistic PTIs. the whole course take 3 months and then still cannot pass, come back in another 3 months for another 36 sessions of RT. by the time i attended my last RT, SAF come out with the IPT scheme and also revamp the RT, by then, RT personnels spend more time on their arse than really excerising.

only 2 ways to siam RT for those cannot pass type of people, like me, get a medical downgrade (i real injury hor) or complete 10 ICTs asap. i completed my NS liabilty by 33yo yet i seen people pushing 40yo during my RT stint because reservist their units already stood down because they defer reservist too many times.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
All SAF servicemen should be made to pass the SEAL PST (Physical Standards test):

What kind of sissy test is this? A fifty year old also can pass.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Are you sure about this? I think the only thing I can't make without considerable effort put into training for it is the swim.

jw5

Loyal
They should have burpees instead of push-ups. The type that must stand up after every one. :wink:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I heard if cut off the lanjiao then can run faster. All RT personnel ought to have this option instead of 20 sessions RT.

They voted for.......should have no lanjiao already, what is the difference?? should have voted wisely, no need to run...faster or not, 3.3km or 32km, run at your own leisure & enjoy...why suffer??