• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SAF Chief Guards Officer SUDDENLY RESIGNS as Head of NDP.Standing in HOUGANG is it??

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
InvestorTiigger
  • profile.png
    View Profile
  • forum.png
    View Forum Posts
  • message.png
    Private Message
user-online.png
<DL class=userinfo_extra><DT>Join Date <DD>Feb 2012 </DD><DT>Posts <DD>1,689 </DD></DL>
[h=2]SAF Chief Guards Officer SUDDENLY RESIGNS as Head of NDP.Standing in HOUGANG is it??[/h]
What is happening??
wink.png

SAF Chief Guards Officer and Chairman of the Organizing Committee of National Day Parade (NDP) 2012 Colonel Nelson Yau Thian Hock (姚天福) has resigned abruptly from the committee for ‘personal reasons.’ He is also the Commander of the 21st Division.

According to Lianhe Zaobao, Colonel Yau made the shocking announcement on Monday in an Emergency Meeting to senior members of the NDP organizing committee. Colonel Tan Kok Ming will be taking over his position. It is not revealed if Colonel Yau is resigning from his positions in SAF as well.

Colonel Yau was appointed as Chief Guard Officer in March 2011 and was awarded the Public Administration Medal (Silver) during the National Day awards last year.

His sudden resignation came as a surprise as he has been busy preparing for this year National Day Parade and is slated to be promoted to the rank of Brigadier-General in the next three years. Furthermore, senior SAF officers must give a 3-month notice before tendering their resignation.

The news has set some tongues wagging with some netizens speculating the real reasons behind his resignation.

Some responses from fuckwarezone forumers:

“Those high flyer reputation veri important. Wouldn’t suddenly resign till news went up to media….Also their salary is very high and also need to service a few month service notices…So most likely is got scandal and force to resign within a week.” – kiatkiat

From temasek times​

<!-- edit note -->
<!--
edit_40b.png
-->Last edited by InvestorTiigger; Today at 02:54 PM.​

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: SAF Chief Guards Officer SUDDENLY RESIGNS as Head of NDP.Standing in HOUGANG is i

engpauhuat
user-offline.png

<DL class=userinfo_extra><DT>Join Date <DD>Feb 2011 </DD><DT>Posts <DD>8 </DD></DL>

May be linked to sex scandal, remember not long ago some senior civil servants including a well known school principal(who has resigned), senior SAF officer involved in prostitution.​

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: SAF Chief Guards Officer SUDDENLY RESIGNS as Head of NDP.Standing in HOUGANG is i

Pappies found their own Yau to stand in Hougang

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Unlikely PAP will field an unfamiliar face. I'll place my bet on a scandal. Now we need the insiders to come out with the conspiracy theories :biggrin:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Actually wtf is guards?
Not good enough for commandos but slightly better than infantry?
Knn even their bayonet also point downwards, then beret got that shit color.
I always think they machiam Cisco or Ateos....
Worse than regular police but better than security guards.

scbccb

Alfrescian
Loyal

Halo bro dun like that leh. Guards training is as siong as Commandos differences are you get four-eyed frogs and pay.

Actually wtf is guards?
Not good enough for commandos but slightly better than infantry?
Knn even their bayonet also point downwards, then beret got that shit color.
I always think they machiam Cisco or Ateos....
Worse than regular police but better than security guards.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

偷鸡不着蚀把米......

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Halo bro dun like that leh. Guards training is as siong as Commandos differences are you get four-eyed frogs and pay.

Is that why they are honored with the role of guarding the Istana :biggrin:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

it has finally hit the SAF....i was wondering when it will hit them....hahahaha

If there is corruption at the top, you can bet that there will be corruption among the lesser officials.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Is that why they are honored with the role of guarding the Istana :biggrin:
Guards dun guard the istana....I remembered MPs (military police not member of parliament) used to stand guard but now replaced with police.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Guards got no airborne....
Even the heliborne now they hug the rope machiam guniang....

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Guards dun guard the istana....I remembered MPs (military police not member of parliament) used to stand guard but now replaced with police.

Originally the honor was given to the 'guards' before the MPs took over. I guess the "guards" have better things to do then just stand around doing nothing :wink:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guard_Mounting

Singapore

A member of the Singapore Armed Forces Military Police Command executing his precision drill routine at the Changing the Guard parade outside the Istana, Singapore.

In Singapore, the ceremony is performed at the main entrance of the Istana, the official residence of the President of Singapore. Held on the first Sunday of each month, the ceremony begins just behind The Heeren, a shopping mall at Orchard Road, where military policemen from the Silent Precision Drill Squad of the Singapore Armed Forces Military Police Command (SAFMPC) leads the contingent of new guards (also from the SAFMPC) in a march down the road towards the Istana, with the Singapore Armed Forces Bands providing music and beats.

Upon arrival at the gates of the Istana, the actual change of guard ceremony takes place, after which the SPDS performs their precision drill routines with the accompaniment of music provided by the band. The old guard then marches off together with the band to Handy Road, where the entire procedure ends.

The COG was first performed by men from the Singapore Armed Forces Guards Unit before the responsibility was handed over to the SAFMPC on 4 May 1980. The Silent Precision Drill Squad was added to the ceremony in 1987.

The COG begins at 6 pm. The new guards begin their march at 5.45 pm, and the old guards end their march by around 6.30 pm.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Originally the honor was given to the 'guards' before the MPs took over. I guess the "guards" have better things to do then just stand around doing nothing :wink:
Thanks for sharing din know about that....supposed that's how they got their name.
During NDP there are is a contingent of lance guards....always by amour formation....din know how this came about as well.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Thanks for sharing din know about that....supposed that's how they got their name.
During NDP there are is a contingent of lance guards....always by amour formation....din know how this came about as well.

the armour lance guards came from the old times when knights (wear armour) protect the kings. it a stupid arrow, everyone will try to look fat and short when armour rsm come by units to choose the tallest and fittest looking chaps for the job. KNN must stand there with a stupid stick just b4 the president arrival and cannot move till he go back. there at least 2 hrs of stand there and cannot move. This is one arrow when being short or fat have an advantage.:biggrin:

Varuna

Alfrescian
Loyal

May be linked to sex scandal, remember not long ago some senior civil servants including a well known school principal(who has resigned), senior SAF officer involved in prostitution.
Dun play play..Gaurds motto - Ready to Strike. :biggrin: What compelling reason could make one whose career is on the rise to throw in the towel just like that. Furthermore he was Chairman of Organising Committee NDP2012, a very important and high profile event. Why couldn't he wait till after Aug 9. Smells fishy here. Any insider info from bros here?

Last edited:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Unlikely PAP will field an unfamiliar face. I'll place my bet on a scandal. Now we need the insiders to come out with the conspiracy theories :biggrin:

Sudden resignation is usually associated with some form of wrongdoing. Some weeks ago, quite a high ranking chap from the SPH also resigned suddenly. No prizes for the right answer. So, when this chap appears in court, it is "ex-police officer" as if the image is not tainted. Silly.