• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SAF boys act cool + play soldiers in Changi Airport

STUCK_HERE

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.chillycraps.com/2006_02_01_archive.html

changi.jpg

Was at Changi Airport this afternoon and saw the combined armed patrol by Army and Police Force. Both me and my brother's reaction were the same: act seh.

Why did we say so? The SAF soldiers were wearing sunglasses. I have no idea what sort of cutting-edge technologies were embedded in those glasses, but from the look of it they look real cock.

Hmm... but they(the patrol, not the glasses) do serve as a form of deterrence and assurance to the people, both tourists and locals. We even saw Police K-9~! The doggy was quite cute, must have sniffed lotsa marijuana, heroin or TNT during training...

This photo is taken straight from the Army news!!!!! So COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The glasses look painted. Why?

brandon66

Alfrescian
Loyal
I need to add one more item to the thread i started earlier -

You know you are getting old if during your NS days:

- only enciks and OCs wear sunglass while in uniform, and they cool, unlike those soldiers you see at airports who looked more like Stevie Wonder

:rolleyes:

Royston46

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wau! So nice got Oakley shades to wear...

I last time army time only got Kings shade to wear nia... cheapo...

:p

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
i have only one comment.

self glorification, by making oneself look good in front of others is vanity.

is sin too! the penalty of sins is death, and later to Hell.

i am sorry if they can't shoot a terrorist properly with dark glasses on.

leaving them being taken out before they could find a good aim.

Last edited:

littlefish

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is so that people do not know when the soldiers are observing them. Especially useful when they need to observe chiobus, ahem, terrorists, I mean.

ps. I am told by a reliable source that the sunglasses provide a HUD display to the soldiers, giving information like distance to target, air temperature, location of nearest toilets, etc. It also provides a power rating for would-be terrorists. For example, a terrorist armed with a small knife would just have a power rating of 100 while one armed with a RPG will get a rating of 3000.

Do you really need to wear sunglasses indoors? If they moved to patrolling outdoor environments, then they can put on their sunglasses, but wearing them indoors just look stupid. Maybe they think it is too lehceh to keep putting on and removing their sunglasses or they think that if the Terminator can wear the shades wherever he goes (even at night) then so can they.

Royston46

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is so that people do not know when the soldiers are observing them. Especially useful when they need to observe chiobus, ahem, terrorists, I mean.

ps. I am told by a reliable source that the sunglasses provide a HUD display to the soldiers, giving information like distance to target, air temperature, location of nearest toilets, etc. It also provides a power rating for would-be terrorists. For example, a terrorist armed with a small knife would just have a power rating of 100 while one armed with a RPG will get a rating of 3000.

Do you really need to wear sunglasses indoors? If they moved to patrolling outdoor environments, then they can put on their sunglasses, but wearing them indoors just look stupid. Maybe they think it is too lehceh to keep putting on and removing their sunglasses or they think that if the Terminator can wear the shades wherever he goes (even at night) then so can they.

Wahahahahahaha! LOL!

Reminds me of the Dragonball comics from long ago, I don't know now so high tech liao got power ratings for people viewed thru these marvellous shades...

I should have a power rating of 10000... I got a very big water pistol armed and ready to shoot their ugly faces sia!

:biggrin:

blackmore

Alfrescian
Loyal
No need analyse until like that. They are not issued with live ammo when they are on patrol in the terminal.

That's the biggest joke of all, patrolling with an assault rifle and gear and not issue with ammo. One police with a loaded MP5 and two boy scout playing soldiers with an empty gun.

Even in Colombo, every soldier guarding the exterior and within the terminal are armed to the teeth.

Why go thru all these charade of make believe is something I could never understand about MINDEAF.

Apunehneh

Alfrescian
Loyal
I heard that the bolt carrier of the SAR21 is also removed so that it is lighter for the SAF boys to carry. :eek::eek::eek:

That's the biggest joke of all, patrolling with an assault rifle and gear and not issue with ammo. One police with a loaded MP5 and two boy scout playing soldiers with an empty gun.

Even in Colombo, every soldier guarding the exterior and within the terminal are armed to the teeth.

Why go thru all these charade of make believe is something I could never understand about MINDEAF.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Don't blame them they are NSF after all not professional.

angry_one

Alfrescian
Loyal
The sunglasses are meant to hide the look of fear in their eyes.

But playing devils' advocate here - maybe it's the same reason the special forces wear ski masks. To conceal the face of the guard, so no terrorist can recognise their opponent and go after his family.

If that alleged fact about having no live rounds in a joke.......this is bloody ridiculous.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i have only one comment.

self-glorification ? sound like your ''dog '' ....you also praise your 'dog' ....wow..like that your 'dog' got sin liao ...

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i have only one comment.

Eating meat is sin too and the penalty of sins is death and later to Hell.

Genesis 1.29: God said, "Behold, I have given you every herb yielding seed, which is on the surface of all the earth, and every tree, which bears fruit yielding seed. It will be your food.

Genesis 9.4: But flesh with its life, its blood, you shall not eat.

iamelite

Alfrescian
Loyal
The sunglasses is the caring general's gift to the boys..
He knows boys will be boys and will bio-ed the gals...
So he want to them to bio the gals and at the same time appear to be patrolling.

I can bet you taht the soldiers are looking at the gals most of the time and not what they are supposed to be looking out for like...