• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SAF appoints first m&d Yoyo general

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
:biggrin:
Hi Hal,

It's been a long time since we last interacted. I hope you are doing fine and are in good health.

I'm away in the US now. I've been here for more than 3 months already with my plans for a nice escape from paradise already in motion and it seems I am valued here more than in SG. I have bought a nice house here, (paid in full with the money I got from selling my pidgeon hole) in Fredricksburg, Virginia and will be settling down soon. It's a very nice 2 storey plus basement 4bedroom 4 baths, 4500 square feet property with a nice backyard and 2 car front garage all for USD180K - a steal.

The only thing I miss about being away is the good old days of the "kampung" which by the way I am rediscovering here.

The spirit of community, hospitality and unselfishness is quite telling and is poles apart from what Sg has become.

I don't have to deal with uncouth PRCs spitting and peeing in the MRT, smells that will turn your hair white when some Indian "FT" lifts his arm in the MRT and best of all a car costs 1/3 of that in SG with no COE and bullcrap ERP.

I hope you can make that change in your life too and leave all what is happening in Sg behind and start living for a change.

As for the pilot, they decided that he best stick to non-internal combustion fully laden jet fuel supersonic aircraft, for fear of him suddenly hearing a voice in his head asking him to crash it into the Istana...LOL!!

What I hear he is now desk bound and has made the rank of LTC or COL, Mohd. Zakir Hamid I think he is one of the spokespersons for the RSAF. He was 26 or 27 in 1992 when he became a pilot he should be well in his 40's now.

Cheers,

MM

Good for you...don't want to say much here, but to give you an indication of the timeline...at the 'kampung', the old Hainanese coffee shop was my midnight rendezous with my kaki's..where we use to chat over a cuppa of coffee...that was before MacD Restn., came to be, that was the time, I should have gone to Canada...and do not look back...but what a stupid decision I made...

Nice, to know you have found another..'kampung'....I really miss those time, where everybody knows almost everybody...and the doors are usually open, where you can pop in to neighbours for a coffee & some cakes etc... there was a commeon thread of connection, wether workplace, school, place of whorship etc...everybody didn't mind each other, despite of differences in race, religion & beliefs.....it was 'one for all, all for one':biggrin:

Those days, we didn't have a car...and bicyle was KING...till we know how to operate Dad's or Mum's car...and drive out to the main road & back..without a licence:biggrin: and dream of owing a Honda Accord..with all the works, rims all ha ha ha..and no COE....

All you need is a job ( good paying one).....school was school...what the whole load of crap today...most of us, went to GOOD school, I bet you did too...many of the 'kampung' kids went to GOOD school...in which today, will smell of 'elitism' and cost the parents, an 'arm n leg', and worry..

Nice to know, you had escaped 'MONKEY ISLAND'....hear from you...do look after yourself...

:biggrin:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Also anyone can explain why there is no malays in Arty unit? I was from Arty unit last time. My battery all chinese except 1 indian.
!&!!

No....never heard of Captain Salleh?...the condem Captain, that last heard was Major...

There was Col MS Gill...which if you do not know, just passed away...he was Chief of Artillery...Col Gill SINGH....if he is not Indian..what is?

Then ther was Captain Bala....

So, what were you talking about?:wink:

Blazars

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sorry. Maybe my question wasnt so direct. My ang moh not good la. Didnt study last time.

I was ask why is there no malays in arty units? Is it because a arty units has to deal with intelligences which is very much classified. So malays cannot be in a arty unit.

Hope my ang moh is better. :p
!&!!

Maverick01

Alfrescian
Loyal
condemed? then still promoted to Major? bro share the story abt this captain

No....never heard of Captain Salleh?...the condem Captain, that last heard was Major...

There was Col MS Gill...which if you do not know, just passed away...he was Chief of Artillery...Col Gill SINGH....if he is not Indian..what is?

Then ther was Captain Bala....

UseYourBrain

Alfrescian
Loyal
For the record Col Ishak is not Malay but indian by decend that is why LKY trust him. Believe me the only 2 races in Singapore that will compromise their religion, race even their family are the Chinese n Indian. They do anything for money. Eurasian,Malay n Arabs are those Lky cannot easily buy over. And I can understand you guys fear of not trusting this ishak guy thinking he is a Malay becos after so many years of sitting on the Malay land, which robber would feel secure if the owner were to kick them back to become ah tiong?

U

UpYoz_olo

For the record Col Ishak is not Malay but indian by decend that is why LKY trust him. Believe me the only 2 races in Singapore that will compromise their religion, race even their family are the Chinese n Indian. They do anything for money. Eurasian,Malay n Arabs are those Lky cannot easily buy over. And I can understand you guys fear of not trusting this ishak guy thinking he is a Malay becos after so many years of sitting on the Malay land, which robber would feel secure if the owner were to kick them back to become ah tiong?

What are eurasians ah??? I'm really blur on this one. Are they pedigree or mongrels???

Can eurasians have chinese or indian content in them???

:oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo:

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Also anyone can explain why there is no malays in Arty unit? I was from Arty unit last time. My battery all chinese except 1 indian.
!&!!

Can anyone explain why there are no malays in some of the signal battalion...especially those from 1st to 5th???:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

sunny302

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is he the same guy that screw up the NDP parade few years ago?

Ishak was the 1st Malay PC for NDP. The 2nd guy who screwed up through no fault of his was LTC Adam :(

There isn't any muslim cookhouse in the armour units.

There are abundant supply of halal food in these units but u can almost never find a mat serving u is such units..maybe in other non-combat Trg Institutes.:wink:

Col Gill SINGH....if he is not Indian..what is?

The most famous mat was 1WO Shamsuddin who was from the same era as Tiger Hong and both made Cpt before their retirement. Col Gill was a Skih and was COS of the Army (during LG Winston Choo) before he retired and joined ST. :smile:

Ishak however is a nice guy and very capable.

Capable yes......nice guy Hmmm....u got to ask those who have served under his leadership :rolleyes:

Can anyone explain why there are no malays in some of the signal battalion.

Signals are considered "most sensitive" due to the 3C's :biggrin:

nickers9

Alfrescian
Loyal
All these freakin' generals and none of them has ever fought a proper war!:rolleyes:

Who said so? Even though they had never fought a proper war brfore, but they had fought another type of warfare.

They had went to Thailand, Taiwan, Brunei, Australia and etc.

These generals dont know have conquered how many pussy so far.

No except for these m&d Yoyo general too.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
All these freakin' generals and none of them has ever fought a proper war!:rolleyes:

Sam, dun cum here and disparage our Generals, ok. They have fought many proper wars....................in the map rooms, on computer simulations, in wargames, and NDP. Many of them have received paper cuts during these wars, and shed blood for the SAF. Can u say that of yourself? So, shuddup, ok?