• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sad to say this, but USA is really finished....

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I suppose long or short then is relative. Is one lifetime long or short? Eh, I do not favour nor side with consumer lifestyle, but what choices do we have? Read this forum - much of the discussion stem from high cost of living, blaming gov't for making things expensive, high cost of medical care. How to avoid it in society? When you wake up in the morning and brush your teeth - that toothpaste needs to be purchased, it costs money. Yes, in many ways people are turning into zombies working for a living. The alternative is not to work. How will that work out? Like I said earlier, the only ones with an answer to our hectic crappy working lives these days are those Jesus types, but I think many of them work for a living too, just that they have may have found a way out for to relieve their stresses.

Cheers!

Where got long journey? Trust me, It's only a short trip and everyone, like chickens, will come home to roost. All this so-called progress via western pop culture and consumerism is but at most two centuries old to the day......you call that long? And we're already cognizant of its debilitating effect on human society at large. We're all turning into zombie slaves serving this consumerist mantra.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I suppose long or short then is relative. Is one lifetime long or short? Eh, I do not favour nor side with consumer lifestyle, but what choices do we have? Read this forum - much of the discussion stem from high cost of living, blaming gov't for making things expensive, high cost of medical care. How to avoid it in society? When you wake up in the morning and brush your teeth - that toothpaste needs to be purchased, it costs money. Yes, in many ways people are turning into zombies working for a living. The alternative is not to work. How will that work out? Like I said earlier, the only ones with an answer to our hectic crappy working lives these days are those Jesus types, but I think many of them work for a living too, just that they have may have found a way out for to relieve their stresses.

Cheers!

Now now, you're digressing. From your earlier posts, you said USA is a beacon of progress and everything nice and desirable. Now, you try to justify it by saying most are into this consumer lifestyle model, so on and so forth. However, you missed the point here. From you're earlier posts, you liked this consumerism life-style, that you deemed USA can offer and not China or Russia. Here now, you saying people have no choice. Now now, which is which now? No choice or own choice?

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I hope what you say doesn't come true. Because of USA, the world has Hollywood Movies, Wrestlemania, top-notch TV serials for all ages, Coca-Cola (even though its bad for you), Levis apparel, Michael Jackson, Muhammed Ali and other celebrities that add spice to our lives. Without the USA, what has the other world "leaders" got to contribute to our lives? Vodka to drink from Russia and dancing bears to entertain us? Imitation fakes from China? I know many people don't like the USA because of their imperialist ways, but life would be a lot crappier without them yanks. I love Japanese food and goods too, but USA was what made the Japanese more humane and not as barbaric as what my Ah Kong described them to be like. Long live USA!!!

Cheers!

Russia gave us metro 2033 one of the best written video game and novel.great Russian accordian music and communist music.every country has great culture and writers just some are harder to find.only Singapore has no culture.Singapore got jackshyt...only a bunch of daft and stupid coolies....even 3rd world Jamaica has more culture.

Last edited:

quartz28

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even when it comes to pop culture, the USA is getting from bad to worse. In showbiz, mediocrity is celebrated. WWE wrestling is getting from bad to worse, PG-rated crap (Super John Cena). Other than a few book-to-tv adaptations, the tv series of today are mostly crap.

Good riddance to the USA. States should secede from the union.

You rather ah Tiong or ah Neh be the big bro?....both will be bad...

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You rather ah Tiong or ah Neh be the big bro?....both will be bad...

How about a multipolar world not dominated militarily, economically or culturally by any one single superpower? :rolleyes:

Anything's better than letting the Freemasonic nation of USA spread debt and death around the world. :cool:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
No. I am not digressing, just going along with the flow of the discussion. I never said USA is the beacon of progress, I just said that it is for the present time, the dominant culture. And because of that, we (and most of the world) are absorbing their lifestyles (or what they're selling). I never said Russia or China has got nothing to offer, just very meagre by comparison, or inferiot quality. People are free to reject what the yanks offer, but the choice is few.

Cheers!

Now now, you're digressing. From your earlier posts, you said USA is a beacon of progress and everything nice and desirable. Now, you try to justify it by saying most are into this consumer lifestyle model, so on and so forth. However, you missed the point here. From you're earlier posts, you liked this consumerism life-style, that you deemed USA can offer and not China or Russia. Here now, you saying people have no choice. Now now, which is which now? No choice or own choice?

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore has got great char kwey teow, ngoh hiang and for those with money, chilli crabs. Culture wise, Singapore got Dick Lee's Fried Rice Paradise and comedian Kumar and award winning cinematography Ilo-Ilo. Singapore has soccer league too, but most locals prefer to watch Ang-Mo premier league.

Cheers!

Russia gave us metro 2033 one of the best written video game and novel.great Russian accordian music and communist music.every country has great culture and writers just some are harder to find.only Singapore has no culture.Singapore got jackshyt...only a bunch of daft and stupid coolies....even 3rd world Jamaica has more culture.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No. I am not digressing, just going along with the flow of the discussion. I never said USA is the beacon of progress, I just said that it is for the present time, the dominant culture. And because of that, we (and most of the world) are absorbing their lifestyles (or what they're selling). I never said Russia or China has got nothing to offer, just very meagre by comparison, or inferiot quality. People are free to reject what the yanks offer, but the choice is few.

Cheers!

Dominant culture? LOL!!! I've no further questions, your honor.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya lor! US is the dominant culture now lor! Who taught the world the phrase "Asta la vista" Austrian actor via American movie lor using Spanish wording lor! There are many more, for instance, "Beam me up Scotty!" No one projects American values better than Hollywood. They've got the whole world covered.

Cheers!

Dominant culture? LOL!!! I've no further questions, your honor.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore has got great char kwey teow, ngoh hiang and for those with money, chilli crabs. Culture wise, Singapore got Dick Lee's Fried Rice Paradise and comedian Kumar and award winning cinematography Ilo-Ilo. Singapore has soccer league too, but most locals prefer to watch Ang-Mo premier league.

Cheers!

thats it?thats what u call culture?it is pathetic even for pop culture standards let alone true traditional culture.....russia has amazing thinkers and novelists......their traditional russian music is amazing.....their communist music is steeped in traditional folk music....magic!!!!!.....jamaica has beautiful roots reggae....brazil my god,bossa nova and flamenco and classical.....russia has genius composers like Tchaikovsky....what does singapore have?daft and estupido sinkies....

[video=youtube;_FT45noJ67c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FT45noJ67c[/video]

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya lor! Singapore had great musicians and sportspeople, but no one gave a fuck. Everyone preferred to worship`, oh, too strong a word, rather idolize foreign talent. That`s how Sg ended up in this present state. Look, Singaporeans would rather spend money on English Premier League soccer merchandise than spend money on home teams. Am not looking down on home teams, but that`s the way the society is! Not speaking my mind, but speaking what I observe. Same story for musicians and artistes.

Cheers!

thats it?thats what u call culture?it is pathetic even for pop culture standards let alone true traditional culture.....russia has amazing thinkers and novelists......their traditional russian music is amazing.....their communist music is steeped in traditional folk music....magic!!!!!.....jamaica has beautiful roots reggae....brazil my god,bossa nova and flamenco and classical.....russia has genius composers like Tchaikovsky....what does singapore have?daft and estupido sinkies....

[video=youtube;_FT45noJ67c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FT45noJ67c[/video]