• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Sad - Lanjiao Co WeWork No More $$$ - Many Talent FTs plus Sinkie SYTs Goong Jobless!

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Report: WeWork Could Run Out of Money As Soon as Next Month
By
Eric Lutz
October 11, 2019
WeWork’s downfall didn’t end with the ouster of co-founder Adam Neumann or the indefinite stall of its I.P.O. On the contrary, the hits have kept right on coming, both for Neumann and for the embattled company. According to Bloomberg, the start-up will run out of money next month without new financing—a stunning prospect for what was, less than a year ago, the highest-valued anticipated public offering in the country. (A WeWork representative didn’t immediately respond to Bloomberg’s request for comment.) WeWork will also shutter its New York City private school at the conclusion of the school year—a reflection of its tenuous financial position. And Neumann, who was forced out of the company last month, has now lost his billionaire status, just over six months after his worth was estimated at $4.1 billion.

Not so long ago, WeWork was set to go public this fall. But the company pulled its I.P.O. after heavy scrutiny of its management and business model caused its valuation to wobble, then tank. In January, it was tagged at $47 billion. Several months of investor skepticism later, that valuation had sunk to below $15 billion. The company tried to tamp down concerns about its corporate governance: Neumann returned the $6 million he had squeezed from his own company to use the “We” trademark, for instance. But that wasn’t enough to put investors at ease. As the company’s tailspin continued, Neumann became evermore fixated on his own fantasies. “It’s an all-around shitshow,” one executive told my colleague Gabriel Sherman.

With the I.P.O. all but dead, Neumann was forced to resign. The company’s new co-CEOs lost no time in unloading his cronies, and attempting to do the same to his pricey private jet. WeWork put its anticipated I.P.O. out of its misery shortly thereafter. “We have decided to postpone our IPO to focus on our core business,” co-CEOs Artie Minson and Sebastian Gunningham said in a statement at the end of September.

As Bloomberg noted Friday, the company had been banking on that IPO to meet its financial needs. With that plan out the window, Minson and Gunningham need a cash infusion—and fast. They might get it in the coming weeks, with SoftBank and J.P. Morgan Chase in talks to prop up the struggling company. That, along with cost-cutting measures by Minson and Gunningham, could get the company back on track, though it will still be viewed with skepticism, and may never regain its sky-high valuation. It’s difficult to say the same for its co-founder, whose estimated wealth is now around $600 million. According to Forbes, which booted him from the billionaires’ club Thursday, it’s unlikely he’ll see his name on the world’s richest people list again after the debacle. “No one will believe again that having an app for booking a conference makes you a tech company,” NYU marketing professor and WeWork critic Scott Galloway told Forbes. “If the new co-CEOs come back with a harsh but feasible plan, they announce new capital from SoftBank, this could be a company where it’s, I would call it, $5-to-$10 billion—if they execute perfectly.” Otherwise, Galloway said, “this could get very ugly very fast for a lot of people.”

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Looks like the hipster Funan mall has to find a new tenant soon. Maybe build an ice skating rink, to level up on its hipness.

Some of the eateries are also struggling.

ec0TOSC.jpg

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Funan Mall is hip and interesting. My family visited it a few times to eat their restaurants and drink the bubble teas sold there. We also tried out the rock climbing. That mall will prosper. No longer is Funan a mall only for loser nerds who can't get laid.

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Funan is the bestest example of idiots trying to do business. The rental alone is impossible. But sinkie boleh.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
funan should be a hub for massage, ktvs and specials.. only vice activities can support the kinda rentals..

LEEgalise the entertainment outlets...can have LEEgal bordello, massage joints..etc all under NTUC Social Services...member out of work, will be provided work......ENTERTAINMENT...Funan will bloom a thousand flowers...heh heh heh

Soul

Alfrescian
Loyal
Something I don't understand, even mega listed cannabis companies in Canada/US, are not profitable or doing well.

All these management just pay themselves and not the shareholders.