• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Russian denies making bomb threat on SIA flight

Kratos

Alfrescian
Loyal

Russian denies making bomb threat on SIA flight

Published on Apr 22, 2013

rusbom2204e.jpg

Russian national Vlada Vitaly (above) was charged on Monday, April 22, 2013, with threatening to blow up a Singapore Airlines plane. -- ST PHOTO: MARK CHEONG

By Khushwant Singh

A RUSSIAN national was charged on Monday with threatening to blow up a Singapore Airlines plane.

A district court heard tax consultant Vlada Vitaly, 26, was on board the flight from Moscow to Singapore on April 16 this year.

At about 4.30am, he had asked flight steward Isaac Joseph Pragasam for water and then told him: "You better get back to me. If not, I will blast this aircraft."

Through the Russian interpreter, Vitaly agreed that he had requested for a glass of water.

He said he then turned to his friend seated next to him to say in Russian that if he does not get water to drink, he might vomit.

He added that the Russian word 'vomit' sounds very much like 'blow up', and this may have created a misunderstanding.

Get the full story from The Straits Times.

Kratos

Alfrescian
Loyal

Russian accused of threatening air steward to blow up plane claims trial

By Leong Wai Kit
POSTED: 22 Apr 2013 5:43 PM

A 26-year-old Russian man accused of threatening an air steward that he would blow up a Singapore Airlines plane is claiming trial. Vlada Vitaly was charged on Monday with criminal intimidation.

20130422.215026_russia.jpg

SINGAPORE: A 26-year-old Russian man accused of threatening an air steward that he would blow up a Singapore Airlines plane is claiming trial.

Vlada Vitaly was charged on Monday with criminal intimidation.

Vitaly, a tax consultant in Russia, was flying from Moscow to Singapore on SQ61 for a holiday on 16 April 2013.

At about 4.25am, he allegedly told an air steward that "you better get back to me, if not I will blast this aircraft".

Shortly after Vitaly was charged, he told the court through a Russian interpreter that he had asked for water while on board.

Vitaly said he then turned to his friend, and spoke in Russian, saying that he might vomit.

Vitaly was travelling with four other friends.

His defence lawyer, Mr Edmond Pereira, told Channel NewsAsia that this client's defence is that it was a misunderstanding, caused by a Russian word he had used.

His trial is set for June 3 to 7.

Mr Pereira said Vitaly is applying to leave Singapore, and his application will be reviewed on Wednesday.

Vitaly is out on an S$8,000 bail.

If guilty, he faces a maximum penalty of five years' jail and a fine.

- CNA/xq

Kratos

Alfrescian
Loyal

Russian man accused of threatening to blow up plane claims trial in May

By Claire Huang
POSTED: 25 Apr 2013 1:00 AM

A Russian man accused of threatening to blow up a Singapore Airlines plane has claimed trial in May instead of June.

singapore-subordinate-court-491487.png

Singapore Subordinate Courts (Photo: Anthony Chia, channelnewsasia.com)

SINGAPORE - A Russian man accused of threatening to blow up a Singapore Airlines plane has claimed trial in May instead of June.

Vlada Vitaly, 26, was charged earlier this week with criminal intimidation.

The Russian tax consultant was flying from Moscow to Singapore on SQ61 on April 16 when he allegedly told an air steward that "you better get back to me, if not I will blast this aircraft".

Shortly after Vitaly was charged, he told the court through an interpreter that he had asked for water while on board.

Vitaly said he then turned to his friend and spoke in Russian, saying that he might vomit.

His defence lawyer, Edmond Pereira, has said that this was a misunderstanding, caused by a Russian word he had used.

His trial is now set for four days in May.

Previously, Vitaly wanted to apply for permission to leave Singapore but has decided not to do so.

Vitaly is out on an S$8,000 bail.

- CNA/de

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lianbeng throws 2 cents: Russian Roulette - u die or i? :biggrin: who will be so stupid to admit? siao ah!

Gestapo

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Trial of Russian accused of threatening to blow up plane adjourned

By Leong Wai Kit
POSTED: 15 May 2013 4:13 PM

stock-sub-court-03.jpg

File photo: Singapore's Subordinate Courts (photo: Francine Lim, channelnewsasia.com)

SINGAPORE: The trial of a Russian passenger accused of threatening to blow up a Singapore Airlines plane has been adjourned for a day, to Thursday.

Lawyer Edmond Pereira, who is defending 26-year-old Vlada Vitaly, told Channel NewsAsia there had been "some developments" to the case.

Vitaly was charged with criminal intimidation on April 22.

The tax consultant was flying from Moscow to Singapore on SQ61 on April 16 when he allegedly told an air steward that "you better get back to me, if not I will blast this aircraft".

Shortly after Vitaly was charged, he told the court through an interpreter that he had asked for water while on board.

Vitaly said he then turned to his friend and spoke in Russian, saying that he might vomit.

His defence lawyer, Edmond Pereira, has said that this was a misunderstanding, caused by a Russian word he had used.

He said the word "bluart" - which means nauseous - sounds like "blow up" in English.

- CNA/xq