• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Russia: Muslim MMA champion gives up title to avoid punching ‘Muslim brothers’ in the face

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
First came the politicization of sports, and now this. This has been unheard-of in sports, at least until now: Gorilla Fighting Championship (GFC) middleweight champion Rinat Fakhretdinov says: “I don’t fight against my brothers due to my religious beliefs.”

Islamic supremacists have a high level of commitment to fellow believers, while demonstrating consistent contempt for disbelievers. Rinat Fakhretdinov has revealed that fighting is more than a sport to him; most athletes don’t have hatred and contempt for their opponents, but Fakhretdinov has demonstrated that his religion drives him to fight the infidel — to “punch him in the face.” He can work out his hatred for infidels under the guise of sports.

I cannot beat my brothers at full strength, and I don’t want to play the fool in the cage and punch somebody in the face.

It’s good news he’s gone.

“MMA fighter gives up title to avoid fighting fellow ‘Muslim brothers,’” by Karim Zidan, SB Nation, July 25, 2020:

A Russian MMA champion chose to give up his own title rather than defend it against his fellow Muslim fighters.
Gorilla Fighting Championship (GFC) middleweight champion Rinat Fakhretdinov revealed that he has no intention of fighting his fellow ‘Muslim brothers’ in the cage, citing his religious motives as the reason for relinquishing his title.
The news was confirmed by the Russian promotion in an Instagram post.
“I don’t fight against my brothers due to my religious beliefs. Now the belt contenders are Faridun Odilov and Dauren Ermekov. They are Muslim and I don’t fight against my brothers,” Fakhredtinov said in the post. “A fight is fight, you need to be fully focused entering the cage. I’m a fighter. I cannot beat my brothers at full strength, and I don’t want to play the fool in the cage and punch somebody in the face. To be fair I need to perform against any opponent chosen by the league. But I can’t do it due to my religious motives.”
The 28-year-old middleweight holds a 19-2 professional record, which includes a 13-fight win streak dating back to 2014. The vast majority of his victories have come by submission or knockout….