• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Rude Sinkie F&B Owner Calls Good Customers 'Assholes'! How Rude And Ungrateful! We're Giving You Bizness, Okay?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
1597583986661.png

Hi everyone. As you know, my name is Sid, and I'm the owner of Vatos Urban Tacos at South Beach and Vatos Cantina at Holland Village. I'm writing this post, because I felt the need to directly address consumers regarding a couple of safe distancing incidents at my restaurants (or lack of safe distancing I should say).

Last night at South Beach, two tables of 5 that were next to each other continued to mingle and socialize despite at least 3 or 4 warnings by my staff. Every time we asked them to stop, the guests would say "okay, okay", and then 5 minutes later, they would begin mingling again. About 20 minutes later, a social distancing officer came in and told us that if he came back and saw something like this again, we would be fined and shut down.

Tonight at Holland Village, a table of 4 and a table of 3 also kept mingling and socializing. My manager told them to stop, nicely at first, but when they ignored her completely, she became more stern. Ultimately, we had to ask both tables to leave the premises. The guests refused. When my manager called me, I told her that we had no choice but to call the police, which she did. At that moment, a passerby took a photo of the group of 7, approached one of my staff, and told her that they were going to report us for violating safe distancing regulations.

For customers, breaching the safe distancing regulations might not seem that important, but for restaurants, it's literally a matter of life or death. Many F&B establishments are barely hanging on as it is - a massive fine and 10 days of mandatory shut down could easily be the final nail in the coffin. The livelihoods of many of our staff also depends on our staying open, so please try to be more understanding.

The guests in the above incident at Holland Village left before the police officers arrived. If they had stayed, I would imagine another potential Robertson Quay scenario playing itself out, which would be unfortunate for everyone involved. Please do not put restaurants in this type of situation. If it came down to it, I'm sure most restaurant owners would choose their and their staffs' livelihoods over a group of expats being deported.

The rules, whether you agree with them or not, are for everyone. And as you may know, they will be strictly enforced. I implore you all to please not be a$$holes when dining out and help follow safe distancing protocols. Thank you.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
The issue is...how many are dead because social distancing has been flouted.? People are acting like this because they know it is just a flu

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Random strangers 2 tables chat with each others, flout the rules and a passerby take photo?
Wow :biggrin:

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Funny leh JT, if this happen at kopitiam or hawker, i think you will say fucking rude sinkie peasant call a stall owner boss arsehole
So this case the customers are atas humams? :biggrin:

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Funny leh JT, if this happen at kopitiam or hawker, i think you will say fucking rude sinkie peasant call a stall owner boss arsehole
So this case the customers are atas humams? :biggrin:
hanor, can only be considered slightly sikit atas if ordering steamed fish with caipng :rolleyes:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
The virus is harmless in the vast majority of those who catch it so it shouldn't be a major issue.

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sid needs to understand that the ones screwing him are the enforcement officers.

The customers are his 财神爷 and going to give him repeat business if he serves them well.