• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

RP - the party to watch for GE 2010

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm not voting for PAP, so why do I care?

But would it raise your eyebrows that on your FB you post a harmless remark like NCMP can help or hinder the opposition, then a response comes stating that you were trying to befuddle and hoodwink the people.

Because the NCMP was and will always be a deliberate PAP scheme to befuddle and hoodwink the people. Let's not even talk about. Even better, let's pretend that it's not there. It is useless. A pathetic and cheap attempt by a fascist regime to hoodwink the people into thinking that democracy can exist in Singapore with the PAP in power.

What the country needs are honest people and capable people who want to serve the people. For 50 years we have had a despotic tyrant framed within a fascist political party hoodwinking the people from a life of comfort and virtue.

jw5

Loyal
I'm not voting for PAP, so why do I care?

But would it raise your eyebrows that on your FB you post a harmless remark like NCMP can help or hinder the opposition, then a response comes stating that you were trying to befuddle and hoodwink the people.
We don't have to care whether the opposition party candidates are nice guys or not either.
Just try and vote more of them in first to get the numbers, so that they have a voice in parliament to speak up against pap policies detrimental to the ordinary singaporean, which will then be made known to the world. Parliamentary privildege would also apply to these opposition mps who speak their minds. One thing the pap are afraid of is looking bad in front of the world. They would then be forced to be accountable to the people.

As for which individual we like or not, which one is really sincere or not, which one can be ministar or prime ministar or not, there will be plenty of time and opportunity to sort this out when the day comes and the opposition party or parties are ready to form the government.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Because the NCMP was and will always be a deliberate PAP scheme to befuddle and hoodwink the people. Let's not even talk about. Even better, let's pretend that it's not there. It is useless. A pathetic and cheap attempt by a fascist regime to hoodwink the people into thinking that democracy can exist in Singapore with the PAP in power.

What the country needs are honest people and capable people who want to serve the people. For 50 years we have had a despotic tyrant framed within a fascist political party hoodwinking the people from a life of comfort and virtue.

Yes. Then the RP remained quiet as to whether they will take up NCMP seats.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
We don't have to care whether the opposition party candidates are nice guys or not either.
Just try and vote more of them in first to get the numbers, so that they have a voice in parliament to speak up against pap policies detrimental to the ordinary singaporean, which will then be made known to the world. Parliamentary privildege would also apply to these opposition mps who speak their minds. One thing the pap are afraid of is looking bad in front of the world. They would then be forced to be accountable to the people.

As for which individual we like or not, which one is really sincere or not, which one can be ministar or prime ministar or not, there will be plenty of time and opportunity to sort this out when the day comes and the opposition party or parties are ready to form the government.

Didn't I already say?

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal

The PAP has also kept quiet on whether their MPs will be allowed to take up NCMP seats. Given that they will lose marginals, high chance that PAP MPs will actually be the first in line for these seats.

The question becomes even more interesting the person in question is a former Minister. If he/she takes a NCMP seat, he/she could go back in Parliament and resume his/her position as a Minister even if he/she lost the election.

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal

And rightly they should. Only idiots would think or even talk about losing even as the battle is still being engaged and when one has a better of chance of winning if such talk is avoided!

Why don't you go and ask the PAP if they will accept NCMP positions? And then come back and compare apples versus apples.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
The PAP has also kept quiet on whether their MPs will be allowed to take up NCMP seats. Given that they will lose marginals, high chance that PAP MPs will actually be the first in line for these seats.

You must be kidding us. Are you posting from a secondary school computer lab?

NCMP seats are reserved for the non-ruling party.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is espcially if the PAP is distracted by Goh Meng Seng in the East.

My toes are laughing. You think GMS even has a chance? Even GMS has admitted he thinks MBT will get 70% in Tampines GRC (probably buying insurance there so he can claim he did well when MBT gets only 65%).

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
You must be kidding us. Are you posting from a secondary school computer lab?

NCMP seats are reserved for the non-ruling party.

There is every chance that your masters, the PAP fascist regime will form the strongest opposition party after the next election. The notion of taking up NCMP seats should be put to the PAP as well.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
That doesn't seem fair. Why shouldn't PAP MPs get the chance to accept NCMP seats?

Because NCMP seats were designed for non-ruling party candidates to have a voice in Parliament. LHL is actually helping the Opposition by increasing the NCMP seats, actually, since more credible people will be willing to contest as they have at least a chance to speak in Parliament (and if they are credible, they won't bother that they don't get the $13.5k).

rodent2005

Alfrescian
Loyal
That doesn't seem fair. Why shouldn't PAP MPs get the chance to accept NCMP seats?

Because PAP MPs say the same thing most of the time. Other times, they exchange beauty tips in parliament and queue up to sing praises to their ministers one after another.

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
Because PAP MPs say the same thing most of the time. Other times, they exchange beauty tips in parliament and queue up to sing praises to their ministers one after another.

I think the law should be amended so that PAP MPs can decide for themselves if they want to continue on as NCMPs.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the law should be amended so that PAP MPs can decide for themselves if they want to continue on as NCMPs.

I'm surprised people have no clue how the NCMP scheme works.

The first NCMP is appointed when one single party takes all except 8 seats. If one party takes all seats, 9 NCMPs are appointed. The formula is:

Number of NCMPs = 9 - (No. of Parliament seats - Largest party X seats) < or = 9 and > or = 0

Where X = not more than one single party

Based on what you say, PAP Sitoh YP in Potong Pasir should have been NCMP since he scored 44.2% against Chiam, higher than WP Sylvia Lim's 43.9% in Aljunied.

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
Based on what you say, PAP Sitoh YP in Potong Pasir should have been NCMP since he scored 44.2% against Chiam, higher than WP Sylvia Lim's 43.9% in Aljunied.

I realise I am wrong on this. I am proposing that the PAP amend the law so that PAP Sitoh YP can decide if he wants to be an NCMP. If he does, then he goes in. If he does not, then the position can then be offered to WP Syliva Lim.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
I realise I am wrong on this. I am proposing that the PAP amend the law so that PAP Sitoh YP can decide if he wants to be an NCMP. If he does, then he goes in. If he does not, then the position can then be offered to WP Syliva Lim.

That would defeat PAP's purpose of NCMP. The PAP's reason for NCMP is fear of opposition winning more seats, yet at the same time having zero opposition in Parliament. Many realise the former but few the latter.

What you're suggesting leans closer to Proportional Representation, yet it would give PAP more seats than they have won, which is not what they want.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
My premise in the beginning is an opposition can criticize the NCMP scheme but take it up - but its leader shouldn't go around his SUPPORTERS' Facebooks to rudely tell them not to hoodwink others into supporting NCMPs.

It is fine to say to those musing over the NCMP scheme that they have been hoodwinked by the PAP, but that's different from saying they are hoodwinking others - he's like saying that they are assisting the PAP to hoodwink others. And those are his supporters, mind you.

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
My premise in the beginning is an opposition can criticize the NCMP scheme but take it up - but its leader shouldn't go around his SUPPORTERS' Facebooks to rudely tell them not to hoodwink others into supporting NCMPs.

It is fine to say to those musing over the NCMP scheme that they have been hoodwinked by the PAP, but that's different from saying they are hoodwinking others - he's like saying that they are assisting the PAP to hoodwink others. And those are his supporters, mind you.

Which part of "DO NOT TALK OR EVEN THINK ABOUT ncmp DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal

If you ever knew Sitoh in real life, u will understand why he always lose to Chiam See Tong.:p