• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

RP Contest AMK GRC!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>Coffeeshop Chit Chat - RP Contest AMK GRC!</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"></TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead vAlign=top><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>tohgoh <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>9:03 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right>(1 of 9) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"></TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>48794.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD id=msgtxt_1 class=msgtxt>Breaking: The Reform Party to contest in Ang Mo Kio GRC
April 26th, 2011 | Author: Editorial
The Reform Party (RP) has confirmed that it be sending an “alliance team” to contest Ang Mo Kio GRC in the coming election, slated for 7th May 2011.
Alex Tan (SPP), one of the potential candidate told The Temasek Review that the Ang Mo Kio GRC team will comprise of candidates “on loan” from other parties contesting under RP’s banner.
A press conference has been scheduled for tomorrow to unveil the slate of candidates for Ang Mo Kio GRC after the nomination forms have been submitted.
Mr Tan can be said to have “spear-headed” the idea of contesting in Ang Mo Kio GRC and even went to the extent of openly inviting suitable malay candidate (online) to join SIngapore People’s Party (SPP).
In an exclusive interview with The Temasek Review last week, Mr Tan said that it was indeed his idea to contest Ang Mo Kio GRC and also floated the idea of forming an Alliance between RP and SPP in early 2010.
According to him, when he “drifted the AMK GRC idea to all SPP members, most are very thrilled by the idea as well.”
When asked if the team is intended to be a suicide squad then, he said:
We are not a suicide team nor do we see the purpose of contesting for the sake of contesting. We are fielding a team who is both well-versed in grassroot constitutional matters and national policies. People would want to vote MP materials, and this is MP materials we are fielding. I do not wish to see a repeat of the highest number of void votes in 2006(@8%) this time round given that ground sentiments have turned very bitter over the past 5 years under PM Lee’s stewardship. I am not fielding a PAP MP who hear not, see not and feel not. I am promising everyone this team we are sending in are very capable of fulfilling their MP duties both in the constitution and in representing the people’s voice in Parliament. ”
Commenting on why he felt it was paramount to contest in Ang Mo Kio GRC, Mr Tan has this to say:
For Singapore to truly progress to the higher social-political level of a multi-party Government, we will need to end PAP’s domination in the Parliament. Traditional strongholds of the MM (Tanjong Pagar), SM (Marine Parade) and PM(AMK), are the founding fundamentals behind PAP’s domination in Parliament. In chinese classic 36 Stratagems, I call it “擒贼擒王” – meaning capture the leader to break their formation. PAP is highly organized and it looks like an impregnable fortress. Everyone is calling for Accountability and Transparency but they don’t know where to start. The only way to make PAP show us real statistics like citizens unemployment figures and HDB costs breakdown, is to break the chain of command the PAP works on. For those who do not know how to Change Singapore, well, Changing the Prime Minister is a good start to Changing Singapore.
Mr Tan added that the main purpose of (wanting to) contest in Ang Mo Kio GRC is to give the residents a chance to vote, and this is also a report card of PM Lee’s performance in the past 5 years.
Ending his interview with a question, he posed this to the residents of Ang Mo Kio GRC:
Are you in a better position 5 years ago in 2006 or today?
Pamela
</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal
VOTE OUT LHL!!! CALLING ALL RESIDENTS OF AMK GRC, MAKE YOUR VOTE COUNT, VOTE FOR OPPOSITION!!!

OUR CHANCE IS HERE. If we manage to vote out LHL, this is a TRUE MESSAGE SENT.

CHECK MATE!

PLEASE SPREAD THE MESSAGE.

mcsmith6

Alfrescian
Loyal
all opposition please take note hor.

in the news reporting the normination day, they detailed the procedures and all.
this could mean pap could try to disqualify some opposition applications.

like the time they did on aljunied opposition applicants during the 2001ge.

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal
alas!!! i'm sure its an answered prayer for all those with & without religion. dragonboy has no chance to shake legs! now, we see if dragonboy fix opposition, or the voters fix him.

Last edited:

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal
Frankly, a long shot but we can always hope that enough AMK voters have finally woken up

At least I know, I will vote for Opposition for AMK GRC... I never really liked Lee Hsien Loong's policies, he is insensitive in his remarks, and I don't really think he is a capable Prime Minister.

The ball is in the hands of AMK GRC Singaporeans. Let us send a STRONG MESSAGE to Lee Hsien Loong that his policies is not what the people are happy with, and we will VOTE FOR CHANGE!

I will Vote for RP.