• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Royal Navy full of gays and homos and lesbians

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/news-and-latest-activity/news/2016/may/17/160517-becoming-an-ally

It got me thinking about a previous experience, when as the Deputy Logistics Officer of HMS Monmouth (an all-male ship bar two female officers) one of my Leading Chefs came to tell me that he was gay. He had been in the Royal Navy for 20 years but had never felt able to talk about it.

To begin with he did not want anyone else to know, but after a run ashore one night and a few drinks, he came out to the Ship's Company. It was understandably a huge deal for him, especially after so long hiding who he was, but thankfully for the majority of the Ship's Company it wasn't an issue. I