• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Room rental problem

1sickpuppy II

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hiya everybody I sort of encounter these problems while renting the rooms in my HDB house and am wondering if any of you chaps have encountered similar problems and what were your solutions.:confused:

1. Tenants told me they are movng back as their contract is over this 30th but their rent is due on the 25th. They are asking if they could stay another 5 days before moving out without paying rent. Do you charge rent and how much? The number of days they stayed or weekly basis.:confused:

2. Notice they have been using the electricity and water like there is no tomorrow this month. So how if they leave before the utilities bill arrive. The agreement was the 1st $100 I cover anything above they pay. Imagine they used the m/c full load function just to wash 1 bath tower. On the A/C while at work.:eek::mad:

Oh yah need to find need tenants pinoy, malaysians and prc oso can but no ah nehs of any kinds and locals please. Kana ah neh once the deposit can't even cover the damages and everything keep bargaining and as for locals sorry to say I don't trust some of them some of them chow kuan borrow from loan sharks and run road leaving the landlord with a pants full of ants :p

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
how can the deposit not enough to cover rental? how many months you collect? reutrn deposit only after you deduct the PUB bill.
if you nice then pro-rate the 5 days...,my way is left than 1 month collect half month minimum.
loanshark is a problem....i dun have the perfect solution as well.

1sickpuppy II

Alfrescian
Loyal
how can the deposit not enough to cover rental? how many months you collect? reutrn deposit only after you deduct the PUB bill.
if you nice then pro-rate the 5 days...,my way is left than 1 month collect half month minimum.
loanshark is a problem....i dun have the perfect solution as well.

I collect 1 month deposit but the ah neh burn my kitchen table top and cracked my toilet bowl. As for the utility bill its not the deposit not enough to cover its just that they are going back before the bill arrives and they want the deposit when they go home.

shelltox

Alfrescian
Loyal
I collect 1 month deposit but the ah neh burn my kitchen table top and cracked my toilet bowl. As for the utility bill its not the deposit not enough to cover its just that they are going back before the bill arrives and they want the deposit when they go home.[/QUOTar

are you able to go to PUB to find out the outstanding bills 1 day b4.

ThugSin

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
never rent to ah nehs! and give them this
1213567854_Sparta_kick.gif

Last edited:

shawna

Alfrescian
Loyal
1. Tenants told me they are movng back as their contract is over this 30th but their rent is due on the 25th. They are asking if they could stay another 5 days before moving out without paying rent. Do you charge rent and how much? The number of days they stayed or weekly basis.:confused:

No, they should pay for the 5 days. Deposit is not meant to cover the rents

2. Notice they have been using the electricity and water like there is no tomorrow this month. So how if they leave before the utilities bill arrive. The agreement was the 1st $100 I cover anything above they pay. Imagine they used the m/c full load function just to wash 1 bath tower. On the A/C while at work.:eek::mad:

hold their deposit. deposits are for additional charges like damages, utilities but NOT for rents

Oh yah need to find need tenants pinoy, malaysians and prc oso can but no ah nehs of any kinds and locals please. Kana ah neh once the deposit can't even cover the damages and everything keep bargaining and as for locals sorry to say I don't trust some of them some of them chow kuan borrow from loan sharks and run road leaving the landlord with a pants full of ants :p

get a real estate agent to find tenants for u. dont stinge on broker fee. agents can filter tenants for u, by right. usually when agents are involved, tenants are always of better qualities not the dodgy tenants. SINKIE peeps are the chow kuan ones. ignore sinkie tenants, they are usually not genuine

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I collect 1 month deposit but the ah neh burn my kitchen table top and cracked my toilet bowl. As for the utility bill its not the deposit not enough to cover its just that they are going back before the bill arrives and they want the deposit when they go home.
Wow! , your ah neh tenant can bomb untiL your toiLet cracked ?...what shit si bei Li hai man..:eek::biggrin:

1sickpuppy II

Alfrescian
Loyal
I collect 1 month deposit but the ah neh burn my kitchen table top and cracked my toilet bowl. As for the utility bill its not the deposit not enough to cover its just that they are going back before the bill arrives and they want the deposit when they go home.[/QUOTar

are you able to go to PUB to find out the outstanding bills 1 day b4.

Asked PUB they say no they only come to my area around the 1st to 3rd of the month and the bill comes on the 8th to 10th of the month. But they want it by 1st of the month as they are flying off on the 1st evening :(

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... Asked PUB they say no they only come to my area around the 1st to 3rd of the month and the bill comes on the 8th to 10th of the month. But they want it by 1st of the month as they are flying off on the 1st evening :(
remind dem la ...

tel dem dat if dey persist, u wil retain their deposit n mail back 2 dem later! ... :eek:

if dey kwai lan, u oso lor! ... :eek: ... iz ze n of a relationship oredi n u wun b c-ing dem 4 ze rest of ur life, can f**k care lor! ... :eek:

as 4 ze xtra 5 days, pro-rate la ...

Last edited:

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is it reasonable to collect two months rental deposits from the tenants first ?

We will refund them later when the contract end and every run smoothly :p

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Is it reasonable to collect two months rental deposits from the tenants first ?

We will refund them later when the contract end and every run smoothly :p

when i found a flat to rent for one year, my landlord asked through his agent for me to pay an extra's months deposit, ie 2mths deposit for a one year lease. he wasn't sure that a self employed swim coach could afford to pay the rent for a year, and i was desperate for a place to live so i paid up...

depends on how badly yr potential tenants want the flat i suppose.....

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal
when i found a flat to rent for one year, my landlord asked through his agent for me to pay an extra's months deposit, ie 2mths deposit for a one year lease. he wasn't sure that a self employed swim coach could afford to pay the rent for a year, and i was desperate for a place to live so i paid up...

depends on how badly yr potential tenants want the flat i suppose.....

Thanks Wendy :biggrin:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Get an agent to work out the rental agreement. Tell the agents your preferences and conditions.
Avoid renting out individual rooms. Rent the whole unit. If you are staying in the unit, find a smaller unit or stay with your friends and relatives.

My agent got me a tenant with 2 months deposit plus 1 month rental before the tenants moved in (one month goes to the agent). Signed a contract with the terms and condition. Electricity, phone, internet and cable TV all under tenant's name. Only things under my name is Town Council and IRAS tax. All these done without me meeting up with the tenant.

Forgot to mention it's a 2 years contract. I will give 1.5 months to the agent if the existing tenant agree to renew the lease with an increment between 5-15 percent when the existing lease expires.

Last edited:

1sickpuppy II

Alfrescian
Loyal
Get an agent to work out the rental agreement. Tell the agents your preferences and conditions.
Avoid renting out individual rooms. Rent the whole unit. If you are staying in the unit, find a smaller unit or stay with your friends and relatives.

My agent got me a tenant with 2 months deposit plus 1 month rental before the tenants moved in (one month goes to the agent). Signed a contract with the terms and condition. Electricity, phone, internet and cable TV all under tenant's name. Only things under my name is Town Council and IRAS tax. All these done without me meeting up with the tenant.

wah so good can recommand your agent or not?

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hiya everybody I sort of encounter these problems while renting the rooms in my HDB house and am wondering if any of you chaps have encountered similar problems and what were your solutions.:confused:

You too calculative. Just 5 days extra tell them FOC. Utility how much will be extra for 5 day?
If they are good tenant them give it as FOC.
If they are bad tenant u asking them to pay later argue this and that better tell them FOC and move out that all.
To have land lord like u is also a nightmare.