• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Robert Ho provides an even more intellectual post-mortem than you know who !

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
RH: Final Election Result: GERRYMANDERING WON; SINGAPOREANS LOST
RH:
1. The newspapers have still not arrived but ge.sg gives the results that I will use for some quick, initial thoughts on the General Election of 2011.
2. First thought: This GE is a victory for gerrymandering and maybe the usual LIE KY fake ballots stuffed into ballot boxes, secretly added into the counting, or simply the Election Dept officers, all biased and working directly inside the Prime Minister’s Office under his direction and supervision, faking the totals.
3. Gerrymandering is uncontestable. In every election, the boundaries are redrawn to favour the LIEgime. This is why there are 782 polling stations, with each polling station further divided into various counters/queues so that how each block or precinct voted can be known exactly. Each block or precinct is counted separately and so how each voted is known precisely and this data is then used to guide the drawing of the boundaries to favour the LIEgime.
4. One way to prevent this exact data collection is to allow voters to vote at ANY polling station they want, and not the exact polling station specified, and even which counter and ballot box they put their ballot into. Or to have permanent boundaries that are not changed every election at will by the Election Dept/PMO. These permanent boundaries will better foster a sense of identity for the ward and not create the current confusion where a voter may have lived all these years in the same flat and block but his voting ward keeps changing.
5. Having said that, I will now assume that LIE KY did not cheat and rig the elections as he always does, for the purpose of analysis. [If you say that George YEO's losing Aljunied proves LIE KY did not cheat again, I say that this is exactly what LIE KY 2A1B WKS want because GY is so obviously smarter than the 3 of them combined that they have long wanted him out, so could have arranged for this, this time. Just as foisting TIN Pei Ling, the albatross, into GOH Chok Tong's Marine Parade ward by 2A1B and LIE KY did cost GCT so many votes that he is diminished in mandate and stature. GCT got only 56.65% to the weak NSP's 43.35% -- this poor result is also caused by the Nicole SEAH Effect. Nicole is now a phenomenon all by herself].
6. Now, assuming no ballot stuffing or fake totalling by LIE KY, what quick, initial thoughts do I have? It is that WP and LOW Thia Khiang have once again, proven their strength. Despite fielding the most candidates, thus including many weaker candidates, WP/LTK got 12.82% to the PAP’s 60.14% [down from 2006's 66.6%]. The NSP, fielding a smaller number [and therefore better] candidates, scored 12.04% while the rest, SDP 4.83%; RP 4.28%; SPP 3.11%; SDA 2.78%. 2A1B got more % than in 2006 but only because this time, he was up against the new, weak RP, not WP!
7. The fact that CHIAM See Tong lost his Potong Pasir as well as the GRC he contested must be contrasted with LTK, who not only retained his Hougang [but passed his succession torch to his chosen successor, YAW Shin Leong] but also won the Aljunied GRC of 5 seats. Both Opposition MPs, that is, LTK and CST, moved to GRCs while annointing a successor candidate to their former wards but while LTK won both, CST lost both. This points to LTK being THE factor, and not any ground factor or issues factors. In other words, Singapore voters vote for personalities and not issues, no matter how burning, no matter how issues have affected their lives, from the foreigners influx to HDB prices [MAH Bow Tan retained his GRC]. So the SDP, despite being the best party for ideas and solutions, presenting impressive economic, healthcare and social solutions and programmes, did not do much better than 2006, winning nothing.
8. This means that Singapore voters vote with their hearts, not their heads. Voters like the folksy LTK and the fact that he speaks better Teochew than English, does not have an impressive degree or come across as forbiddingly intellectual. No one would call LTK an intellectual. But this is precisely the kind of candidate that draws supporters in the tens of thousands, as we see in the rallies.
9. Since voters vote for personalities, not resumes, and LTK is a proven magnet for votes, the main lesson is that LTK must remain as sec-gen of the WP and must not be dethroned or diminished in stature by any infighting for the top post. This is important. If LTK is not leader of WP, WP will immediately go down to the same level as other Opposition parties. Yes, WP is a party as old as the PAP, founded in 1957, and so, a trusted brand, and voters also vote for famous brands and distrust new brands/parties [hence RP's poor showing]. Thus, LTK must not only remain head of the WP, but there must be no challenge or challengers to his leadership or even any attempt at ousting him, otherwise the party may lose its gains gained this 7 May 2011.
10. A wild idea then surfaces. If LTK and WP are such a powerful combination, why not all the other Opposition parties join the WP and contest under the leadership of LTK and the WP? The WP could become a kind of umbrella party under which all the other parties contest — no other party identity or name may be used, it should be all WP. This will lend the proven success brand of the WP and LTK leadership to all the other Opposition parties. Note that even though other WP candidates did not manage to win, despite this LTK/WP magnet for votes, they did extremely well, as shown by many close results.
11. A variation of the above wild idea is for the top candidates of the other Opposition parties to quit their current parties and join the WP. Hopping from Opposition party to Opposition party is common, so this is possible. LTK and WP should initiate this by inviting the top leaders of the other Opposition parties to join the WP. If they do, the next election will see big WP gains, just like putting 3 of WP’s top leaders won it the entire Aljunied GRC of 5 seats. Thus, the Aljunied 3 top leaders, if repeated using the other Opposition parties’s top leaders, can result in a much closer contest against the PAP.
12. In para 5, I mentioned that GCT got only 56.65% to the weak NSP’s 43.35% — this weak result is caused by the Nicole SEAH Effect. In other words, a former PM and now SM got whipped by a 24 year old girl, a first time candidate. If Nicole had contested in an SMC, she would have won, probably comfortably. Thus, in the next election, Nicole should contest an SMC, and will win. Find more Nicole SEAHs. Again, this Effect is the result of the voters voting with their heart and not their head. They voted on the basis of personality, not issues or ideas, plans, programmes [sorry, SDP]. Thus, WP should invite Nicole to join the WP and promise fielding her in an SMC.
13. Thus, all the brilliant work, ideas and programmes developed by the SDP are for nothing. Voters voted for brands and personalities, not ideas or programmes. A PhD does not help. Indeed, it may have alienated voters. Try to be a man of the people, not a PhD intellectual. However, having said that, the next elections will be another 4-5 years, meaning even more young people will vote, and they will be even more internet savvy and thus, more amenable to the SDP’s leading internet campaigning. But this is not guaranteed. This time, there were many young voters, too, but they may still be brainwashed by the education and media systems and so did not achieve enlightenment, so no guarantee next election will be any more favourable.
14. This means that the SDP and other Opposition parties, with the exception of the WP, may have to simply try harder. One way to do this is to drastically change the image of LIE KY and the PAP. This option has long been available. I have spent countless hours publicising LIE KY’s election riggings but not a single Opposition party or leader even dared to mention my name or my allegations although both I and my allegations are now totally accepted as truths and not the rantings of a deranged man. Yet, a deafening silence. No attempt to even mention my name or my allegations. Thus, the Opposition have only themselves to blame for the rout. If they harbour any illusions of doing better through using the same issues approach, they will suffer just as big a defeat in the next election. Voters have proven that while they complain about foreigners, crowded trains and buses, losing jobs to foreigners, overpriced HDB flats, etc, in the end, they still vote for the brand they have been brainwashed from kindergarten when they attend a PAP kindergarten or nursery.
15. Even if LIE KY dies now or in the near future, the voters will continue to vote for brands and personalities, so every Opposition party except the WP, will do badly. Make no mistake. This has been a total rout. If you keep thinking “Next election will be different”, perish the thought. The voters have not changed from their bias for personalities, not intellectual issues, and will not change even in the next election. So, if you want to lose big again, continue your pointless campaigning. If you want to shake things up, just quote me, my blogs and my allegations. This will destroy LIE KY and the PAP. Nothing else will. Think about it. Good Luck!

Robert HO

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Robert Ho sums up GE 2011 in one sentence - that Peasants vote for brand and personalities, not issues or programmes.

SDP will do well if they heed Robert's advice.

The thing I admire Robert most is he does not 'talk down' even when he criticizes, and he dares put his name, address and telephone number.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
WP and its cadres are perceived as more credible and reliable. But if all opposition parties are willing to come under the umbrella of WP it certainly helps. You may have differing opinion, but to achieve a common purpose you just have to heed the leadership of the guy with the biggest peasants' support.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Best post of the post election so far and great idea of the opposition parties coming together.
If his allegation about "LIE KY fake ballots stuffed into ballot boxes, secretly added into the counting, or simply the Election Dept officers, all biased and working directly inside the Prime Minister’s Office under his direction and supervision, faking the totals." is not true, why no legal action against him so far?

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A rational and incisive post-GE analysis! I read it thoroughly & it makes sense. Opposition should take note of it seriously!

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hope we can invite Robert Ho into this forum, and he can be our Political Analyst.

In order to be credible, and sway the votes to Opposition, we have to start doing our work now...

We need to get organised, and get the best ideas, to work together. For Singapore belong to Singaporeans...

I have some ideas to seek all of your consultation in the years ahead, and let us work together to help our Workers Party this premium brand win the hearts of Singaporeans.

I truly agree with Robert Ho's analysis... Humans are not rationals... emotional selling works...

The facts are right in front of them... but mostly choose to ignore it, and self justify that what the PAP government is doing is great...

I have a suggestion... if you find a good Political Analyst that would like to put their views, which can help our opposition party, please do invite them... their views will be so precious.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good analysis. No chim theory. LTK is shrewd with keen sense of danger to survive many sabotages by his "ex-party man" such as JG, GMS,...

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
A rational and incisive post-GE analysis! I read it thoroughly & it makes sense. Opposition should take note of it seriously!

I was struck by his analysis too.

You will notice that Robert did not discreetly insert 'hints' that he knew certain results beforehand. Robert refrained from turning a post-mortem of GE 2011 into a thinly-veiled snide attack against SDP just because they fared badly. He focussed on why WP succeeded, not why SDP had failed.

Last edited:

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good analysis. No chim theory. LTK is shrewd with keen sense of danger to survive many sabotages by his "ex-party man" such as JG, GMS,...

dear Seee3,

Care to elaborate on your analysis about LTK is shrewd with keen sense of danger to survive many sabotages by "ex-party man" JG, GMS,... fill me in here... if you have time.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
RH: Final Election Result: GERRYMANDERING WON; SINGAPOREANS LOST
RH:
1. The newspapers have still not arrived but ge.sg gives the results that I will use for some quick, initial thoughts on the General Election of 2011.
2. First thought: This GE is a victory for gerrymandering and maybe the usual LIE KY fake ballots stuffed into ballot boxes, secretly added into the counting, or simply the Election Dept officers, all biased and working directly inside the Prime Minister’s Office under his direction and supervision, faking the totals.
3. Gerrymandering is uncontestable. In every election, the boundaries are redrawn to favour the LIEgime. This is why there are 782 polling stations, with each polling station further divided into various counters/queues so that how each block or precinct voted can be known exactly. Each block or precinct is counted separately and so how each voted is known precisely and this data is then used to guide the drawing of the boundaries to favour the LIEgime.
4. One way to prevent this exact data collection is to allow voters to vote at ANY polling station they want, and not the exact polling station specified, and even which counter and ballot box they put their ballot into. Or to have permanent boundaries that are not changed every election at will by the Election Dept/PMO. These permanent boundaries will better foster a sense of identity for the ward and not create the current confusion where a voter may have lived all these years in the same flat and block but his voting ward keeps changing.
5. Having said that, I will now assume that LIE KY did not cheat and rig the elections as he always does, for the purpose of analysis. [If you say that George YEO's losing Aljunied proves LIE KY did not cheat again, I say that this is exactly what LIE KY 2A1B WKS want because GY is so obviously smarter than the 3 of them combined that they have long wanted him out, so could have arranged for this, this time. Just as foisting TIN Pei Ling, the albatross, into GOH Chok Tong's Marine Parade ward by 2A1B and LIE KY did cost GCT so many votes that he is diminished in mandate and stature. GCT got only 56.65% to the weak NSP's 43.35% -- this poor result is also caused by the Nicole SEAH Effect. Nicole is now a phenomenon all by herself].
6. Now, assuming no ballot stuffing or fake totalling by LIE KY, what quick, initial thoughts do I have? It is that WP and LOW Thia Khiang have once again, proven their strength. Despite fielding the most candidates, thus including many weaker candidates, WP/LTK got 12.82% to the PAP’s 60.14% [down from 2006's 66.6%]. The NSP, fielding a smaller number [and therefore better] candidates, scored 12.04% while the rest, SDP 4.83%; RP 4.28%; SPP 3.11%; SDA 2.78%. 2A1B got more % than in 2006 but only because this time, he was up against the new, weak RP, not WP!
7. The fact that CHIAM See Tong lost his Potong Pasir as well as the GRC he contested must be contrasted with LTK, who not only retained his Hougang [but passed his succession torch to his chosen successor, YAW Shin Leong] but also won the Aljunied GRC of 5 seats. Both Opposition MPs, that is, LTK and CST, moved to GRCs while annointing a successor candidate to their former wards but while LTK won both, CST lost both. This points to LTK being THE factor, and not any ground factor or issues factors. In other words, Singapore voters vote for personalities and not issues, no matter how burning, no matter how issues have affected their lives, from the foreigners influx to HDB prices [MAH Bow Tan retained his GRC]. So the SDP, despite being the best party for ideas and solutions, presenting impressive economic, healthcare and social solutions and programmes, did not do much better than 2006, winning nothing.
8. This means that Singapore voters vote with their hearts, not their heads. Voters like the folksy LTK and the fact that he speaks better Teochew than English, does not have an impressive degree or come across as forbiddingly intellectual. No one would call LTK an intellectual. But this is precisely the kind of candidate that draws supporters in the tens of thousands, as we see in the rallies.
9. Since voters vote for personalities, not resumes, and LTK is a proven magnet for votes, the main lesson is that LTK must remain as sec-gen of the WP and must not be dethroned or diminished in stature by any infighting for the top post. This is important. If LTK is not leader of WP, WP will immediately go down to the same level as other Opposition parties. Yes, WP is a party as old as the PAP, founded in 1957, and so, a trusted brand, and voters also vote for famous brands and distrust new brands/parties [hence RP's poor showing]. Thus, LTK must not only remain head of the WP, but there must be no challenge or challengers to his leadership or even any attempt at ousting him, otherwise the party may lose its gains gained this 7 May 2011.
10. A wild idea then surfaces. If LTK and WP are such a powerful combination, why not all the other Opposition parties join the WP and contest under the leadership of LTK and the WP? The WP could become a kind of umbrella party under which all the other parties contest — no other party identity or name may be used, it should be all WP. This will lend the proven success brand of the WP and LTK leadership to all the other Opposition parties. Note that even though other WP candidates did not manage to win, despite this LTK/WP magnet for votes, they did extremely well, as shown by many close results.
11. A variation of the above wild idea is for the top candidates of the other Opposition parties to quit their current parties and join the WP. Hopping from Opposition party to Opposition party is common, so this is possible. LTK and WP should initiate this by inviting the top leaders of the other Opposition parties to join the WP. If they do, the next election will see big WP gains, just like putting 3 of WP’s top leaders won it the entire Aljunied GRC of 5 seats. Thus, the Aljunied 3 top leaders, if repeated using the other Opposition parties’s top leaders, can result in a much closer contest against the PAP.
12. In para 5, I mentioned that GCT got only 56.65% to the weak NSP’s 43.35% — this weak result is caused by the Nicole SEAH Effect. In other words, a former PM and now SM got whipped by a 24 year old girl, a first time candidate. If Nicole had contested in an SMC, she would have won, probably comfortably. Thus, in the next election, Nicole should contest an SMC, and will win. Find more Nicole SEAHs. Again, this Effect is the result of the voters voting with their heart and not their head. They voted on the basis of personality, not issues or ideas, plans, programmes [sorry, SDP]. Thus, WP should invite Nicole to join the WP and promise fielding her in an SMC.
13. Thus, all the brilliant work, ideas and programmes developed by the SDP are for nothing. Voters voted for brands and personalities, not ideas or programmes. A PhD does not help. Indeed, it may have alienated voters. Try to be a man of the people, not a PhD intellectual. However, having said that, the next elections will be another 4-5 years, meaning even more young people will vote, and they will be even more internet savvy and thus, more amenable to the SDP’s leading internet campaigning. But this is not guaranteed. This time, there were many young voters, too, but they may still be brainwashed by the education and media systems and so did not achieve enlightenment, so no guarantee next election will be any more favourable.
14. This means that the SDP and other Opposition parties, with the exception of the WP, may have to simply try harder. One way to do this is to drastically change the image of LIE KY and the PAP. This option has long been available. I have spent countless hours publicising LIE KY’s election riggings but not a single Opposition party or leader even dared to mention my name or my allegations although both I and my allegations are now totally accepted as truths and not the rantings of a deranged man. Yet, a deafening silence. No attempt to even mention my name or my allegations. Thus, the Opposition have only themselves to blame for the rout. If they harbour any illusions of doing better through using the same issues approach, they will suffer just as big a defeat in the next election. Voters have proven that while they complain about foreigners, crowded trains and buses, losing jobs to foreigners, overpriced HDB flats, etc, in the end, they still vote for the brand they have been brainwashed from kindergarten when they attend a PAP kindergarten or nursery.
15. Even if LIE KY dies now or in the near future, the voters will continue to vote for brands and personalities, so every Opposition party except the WP, will do badly. Make no mistake. This has been a total rout. If you keep thinking “Next election will be different”, perish the thought. The voters have not changed from their bias for personalities, not intellectual issues, and will not change even in the next election. So, if you want to lose big again, continue your pointless campaigning. If you want to shake things up, just quote me, my blogs and my allegations. This will destroy LIE KY and the PAP. Nothing else will. Think about it. Good Luck!

Robert HO

Ho is a scum

Alfrescian
Loyal
But isn't it rather far-fetched to say that MM sacrificed a GRC just to whack GY? And why diminish GCT's legacy? I'm sure you don't take your own party members to task by giving the other side what they need to win, unless you are so sure you can take it all back the next time.