• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

RIP Victor Khoo (and Charlie)

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Singaporean entertainer, ventriloquist Victor Khoo dies aged 63

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5IQj3zmOu8

Veteran Singapore entertainer Victor Khoo, best known for his ventriloquist act Charlee and his Saturday morning radio shows in the 1970s, passed away on Friday morning. He was 63 years old.

According to a statement released by his family, Khoo had been battling cancer for several years. “He was a pioneer in so many ways, from his early days in Rediffusion, to his defining corporate events, to filmmaking, and of course his iconic work with Charlee — whom he always considered a business partner,” the family wrote. “We remember him for his generosity, his wit, his unfailing optimism, and his warmth and affection… even at the end, he had a smile and a squeeze of the hand for us and all who visited.”

Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong paid tribute to Khoo on his Facebook page on Friday evening, writing, “Victor and his puppet, Charlee, often performed at events I attended, and I always enjoyed the shows. Charlee was cheeky but remarkably well-informed. Children loved Charlee, and listened faithfully to his radio show ‘Happy Talk’ on Saturday mornings.”

PM Lee added that Khoo contributed to Singapore’s society in many ways apart from the work he did in its entertainment scene, supporting the cause of breast cancer after his first wife, Lam May Yee, succumbed to it several years ago.

Local veteran jazz musician Jeremy Monteiro also reminisced his time spent with Khoo on his Facebook page upon learning of the news. He shared that he worked actively with Khoo between the late 1970s to the mid-1990s, often appearing at events together where Khoo would either emcee or perform magic. Khoo would also at times clown or perform his signature ventriloquist act while Monteiro led or played in the band.

“The passing of Victor Khoo is like the passing of, in global terms, Jim Henson, or when Shari Lewis and Lamb Chops left us,” wrote Monteiro, referring to the creator of children’s shows “Sesame Street” and “Lamb Chops”. “Yesterday, Singapore… lost a GIANT, in a world where giants of their respective countries and of the world are fast disappearing.”

Khoo leaves behind four children — Barry and Brandon, sons from his marriage to Lam, Victoria and Vanessa, daughters he had with his wife Shellen, as well as some 11 siblings, nephews, nieces, grand-nephews and grand-nieces.

Veteran Singapore entertainer Victor Khoo, best known for his ventriloquist act Charlee and his Saturday morning radio shows in the 1970s, passed away on Friday morning. He was 63 years old.

According to a statement released by his family, Khoo had been battling cancer for several years. “He was a pioneer in so many ways, from his early days in Rediffusion, to his defining corporate events, to filmmaking, and of course his iconic work with Charlee — whom he always considered a business partner,” the family wrote. “We remember him for his generosity, his wit, his unfailing optimism, and his warmth and affection… even at the end, he had a smile and a squeeze of the hand for us and all who visited.”

Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong paid tribute to Khoo on his Facebook page on Friday evening, writing, “Victor and his puppet, Charlee, often performed at events I attended, and I always enjoyed the shows. Charlee was cheeky but remarkably well-informed. Children loved Charlee, and listened faithfully to his radio show ‘Happy Talk’ on Saturday mornings.”

PM Lee added that Khoo contributed to Singapore’s society in many ways apart from the work he did in its entertainment scene, supporting the cause of breast cancer after his first wife, Lam May Yee, succumbed to it several years ago.

Local veteran jazz musician Jeremy Monteiro also reminisced his time spent with Khoo on his Facebook page upon learning of the news. He shared that he worked actively with Khoo between the late 1970s to the mid-1990s, often appearing at events together where Khoo would either emcee or perform magic. Khoo would also at times clown or perform his signature ventriloquist act while Monteiro led or played in the band.

“The passing of Victor Khoo is like the passing of, in global terms, Jim Henson, or when Shari Lewis and Lamb Chops left us,” wrote Monteiro, referring to the creator of children’s shows “Sesame Street” and “Lamb Chops”. “Yesterday, Singapore… lost a GIANT, in a world where giants of their respective countries and of the world are fast disappearing.”

Khoo leaves behind four children — Barry and Brandon, sons from his marriage to Lam, Victoria and Vanessa, daughters he had with his wife Shellen, as well as some 11 siblings, nephews, nieces, grand-nephews and grand-nieces.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
boss sam will be in rejoice his god daddy old fart has outlived another sinkie.

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
RIP Victor. My fondest memory of him was his morning radio show during my school days. It was play over PA system and everyone enjoys listening to his joke. The best was when he asked a young boy what was the opposite of a cock.. bad mistake as the boy responded "cheebye".

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
>Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong paid tribute to Khoo on his Facebook page on Friday evening, writing, “Victor and his puppet, Charlee, often performed at events I attended, and I always enjoyed the shows. Charlee was cheeky but remarkably well-informed. Children loved Charlee, and listened faithfully to his radio show ‘Happy Talk’ on Saturday mornings.” >

Such a shallow remark from a PM, who is out of depth...do not think he was there long enough to be entertained...He mentioned his acting partner that was a puppet & related to it, for he is one himself.....

Those of had been entertained by Victor Khoo, will know his charm & wit, especially when the is your master of ceremony for company's dinner....in which I attended many by him.

This one, who did not bend over like one Jack ass...

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PLEASE ALLOW ME TO POLITICISE THIS THREAD

Come to think of it this Ass Loon alias Mai Hum
Looks a lot like Mister Bean tho’ he no comedian
Prime MiniSTAR no less and doesn’t understand
Value of the right to express oneself what a joke

[video=youtube;j2-2xeIdqeY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2-2xeIdqeY[/video]

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
His is the irony- PM writing about Victor when he father went after Victor's brother Francis Khoo and removed his other brother Michael Khoo from the bench. What next - the pope is not a Catholic?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
His is the irony- PM writing about Victor when he father went after Victor's brother Francis Khoo and removed his other brother Michael Khoo from the bench. What next - the pope is not a Catholic?

Maybe pinky riding on a dead man's goodwill to gain some brownie points.
Or pinky doesn't know about all the vile deeds of his daddy-o. Even ex radm also clueless about konfrontasi what...

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear God,

Why must it be Victor Khoo and not Lee Hsien Loon or LKY?

Dear soikee,

Being with Jesus frees him from the pains of his cancer. Heaven is much better place than earth. Because of men's sins there are simply too much suffering on earth.

Imagine Ah Loong has to deal with people like wanting to tear him down, isn't Victor in much a better place?

And remember Buddhism doesn't teach you how to deal with your sins!!

And it doesn't mean if you do alot of good things it doesn't mean you will be saved if you don't believe in Jesus.

Salvation cannot be earn but it is free for everyone if you confess you are a sinner and you believe in Jesus.

Last edited:

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Dear soikee,

Being with Jesus frees him from the pains of his cancer. Heaven is much better place than earth. Because of men's sins there are simply too much suffering on earth.

Imagine Ah Loong has to deal with people like wanting to tear him down, isn't Victor in much a better place?.

Fuck you ....if its so good then why dont cunts like you dont better faster get the fuck there earlier?

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Thanks for the info.. Read about the late Francis Khoo and Michael Khoo.. Didn't know, Michael, Francis and Victor were brothers..

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
RIP to Victor Khoo.. He's a local legend.. He made many people happy during his lifetime..

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

猫哭老鼠假慈悲.

Lee Hsien Loong is a hypocrite.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i really feel it when i heard the news, i remembered i like his shows when i was a kid, we really need more good guys in this world, to replace the evil ones.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
猫哭老鼠假慈悲.

Lee Hsien Loong is a hypocrite.

Read this on Francis Khoo....the part about his wife http://singaporerebel.blogspot.sg/2011/11/tributes-to-francis-khoo-1947-2011.html

The one on Michael Khoo: In 1986, Senior District Judge Michael Khoo found him innocent of all charges but one. The prosecution appealed, and the Chief Justice ordered a retrial in a different district court rather than an appeal in the Supreme Court (thus denying Jeyaretnam the opportunity to appeal against a revised verdict to the Privy Council of the United Kingdom).[10] At the retrial, Jeyaretnam was declared guilty on all charges. The judge sentenced him to three months' imprisonment (later commuted to one month) and fined him S$5,000 – a sentence sufficient to disqualify him from serving in Parliament and prevent him from standing in parliamentary elections for a period of five years. He was also disbarred as a lawyer. (Judge Michael Khoo was transferred from head of the Subordinate Court to the Attorney-General's Chambers shortly after,[10] a move widely viewed as a demotion.[11] When Jeyaretnam called for an enquiry into the transfer, alleging that the Chief Justice and the Attorney-General were "beholden" to Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew, the allegation was dismissed as "scandalous".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._B._Jeyaretnam