• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ridiculous F1 in Singapore

S

suicidalpap

'It's just ridiculous' McLaren driver Hamilton complains

Lewis Hamilton described the Marina Bay street track as "dangerous" after a combination of the slow driving surface and its unevenness created problems for the drivers.

Race organisers have modified the course by ironing out some of the bumps but Hamilton, who came a disappointing fifth in tonight's second practice session, said: "I think they've made it worse. The chicane is the worst corner I have ever driven in Formula One. It's just ridiculous. Last year it was small but now it's even more dangerous. We saw one other car take off [Adrian Sutil's Force India, which suffered damage to its front suspension].

"You approach that corner at 160-170mph and then you brake down. If something goes wrong, somebody's brakes fail and you hit one of those kerbs then you are going to see a nasty accident."

Jenson Button, who trailed only the Red Bulls of Mark Webber and Sebastian Vettel in the second session, said: "It doesn't dry here very quickly and there's a lot of water coming up through the circuit. It's pretty tricky out there. Hopefully we won't have any more rain this weekend because those conditions aren't the nicest to drive in."

CCBcsj

Alfrescian
Loyal
They're just KPKB because they have no skill to drive on this kind of roads. I don't hear Alonso (or Massa who is in last place) complaining.

Lewis Hamilton described the Marina Bay street track as "dangerous" after a combination of the slow driving surface and its unevenness created problems for the drivers.

Jenson Button, who trailed only the Red Bulls of Mark Webber and Sebastian Vettel in the second session, said: "It doesn't dry here very quickly and there's a lot of water coming up through the circuit. It's pretty tricky out there. Hopefully we won't have any more rain this weekend because those conditions aren't the nicest to drive in."

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Sinkieland has had years to fix a simple problem of ironing out bumpy sections of a short circuit and they still can't get it right.

Thank god the country hasn't been given the hosting rights to the Commonwealth games or some other major event. It would make India look good in comparison.

pocoyo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Frankly, if I were a F1 Racing driver and given a choice between M'sia and SG, I'll close my eyes and pick M'sia which I think is millions time better.

Just a simple logic, in a small and cramped land where you need so many ERPs to control the so-called traffic, sure it's not a joy to ride a high speed toy in such environment.

SG like to do what it ain't fit to be.

The worst they do it purely for their own benefits. Don't think it's gonna last long..

huahero

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are difference between being mediocre and being the best. The best overcome all obstacles.
color-china-tire-tariff-web.jpg

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
How come they did not complain during the practice run? Anyway, I thought all these approved by F1? Obviously F1 wants to see some crashes to raise the excitement of a street race.

S

suicidalpap

Frankly, if I were a F1 Racing driver and given a choice between M'sia and SG, I'll close my eyes and pick M'sia which I think is millions time better.

Just a simple logic, in a small and cramped land where you need so many ERPs to control the so-called traffic, sure it's not a joy to ride a high speed toy in such environment.

The worst they do it purely for their own benefits. Don't think it's gonna last long..

Yes, not many are really interested.

Not much excitement for this year’s F1 S’pore Grand Prix

“No big deal to me”. That sums up the sentiments of Yahoo! Answers users who said that they are not that interested in the Formula One Singapore Grand Prix race to be held this weekend.

A total of 66 users responded to the question, “How excited are you about this year’s Formula One Singapore Grand Prix race?”, and judging from their responses, it seems that many are not keen on the race.

Some Yahoo! Answers users’ commented that the road blockages were a major inconvenience to them. They were referring to several roads around the Marina Bay area closed since Wednesday to prepare for the race.

Among them, Bruce said, “So what if it’s another F1 race? It’s causing more jam from the already congested roads.”

“It is very inconvenient for us drivers. Especially when there was not much information on alternative routes that we can access due to the road closures,” added Hellcat.

One user, Darryl said, “Motorists ought to be better informed on the road closures.”

“I was actually caught by surprise and only realised that the roads were closed after being caught in a massive traffic jam that I thought was never going to end,” he added.

Chee Han said, “Road diversion near the F1 race area are drivers nightmare and retail businesses at the surrounding area are also badly affected.”

“There are also jams everywhere on the road due to the road blockages. It is so upsetting when you are caught in a heavy traffic due to the F1 event”, he added.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal
its the most hypocritical, pseudo, overhyped sports event. just alot of noise and attended by aspiring "starlets" and pseudo celebrities who spout idiocy and looks stupid and fake eg talking about being green yet attending an event that contributes to pollution more than 18 times a year. stupid to pay money and time watching cars zooming across in millisecs. in fact I was given offered a 3 day free pass last year and I told them to forget it as it is literally a waste of my time and full of hot air and noise attended by people who cannot even know the difference between front wheel drive and rear wheel drive.

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
How come they did not complain during the practice run? Anyway, I thought all these approved by F1? Obviously F1 wants to see some crashes to raise the excitement of a street race.

These guys are race drivers and they are paid millions to take heavy risk and entertain.

if they cant handle a slip, then they shouldnt be racing given the millions they have been earning and spending.

CCBcsj

Alfrescian
Loyal

Depends on the makeup of your car. Hamilton KBPB because he loses out on this kind of track, which Alonso benefited. Pity about Massa though.

CCBcsj

Alfrescian
Loyal
its the most hypocritical, pseudo, overhyped sports event. just alot of noise and attended by aspiring "starlets" and pseudo celebrities who spout idiocy and looks stupid and fake eg talking about being green yet attending an event that contributes to pollution more than 18 times a year. stupid to pay money and time watching cars zooming across in millisecs. in fact I was given offered a 3 day free pass last year and I told them to forget it as it is literally a waste of my time and full of hot air and noise attended by people who cannot even know the difference between front wheel drive and rear wheel drive.

Why such a spoilsport? I use the begrudge the F1 as well, but considering how many thousand times 22 grown men chase after a piece of leather, I think the F1 ain't that bad :biggrin:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is street race so they should have ask the car designer to compensate the car suit the st road surface.,

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Hamilton kana Webbed and side-lined....Never complaint about anything...Heaven is FAIR.....

Be humble and don't talk too much...HEAVEN HAVE EYES...

Alonso will be next to be WEBBEED..... now half way thru....

CCBcsj

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hamilton kana Webbed and side-lined....Never complaint about anything...Heaven is FAIR.....

Be humble and don't talk too much...HEAVEN HAVE EYES...

Alonso will be next to be WEBBEED..... now half way thru....

Alonso finished first. Orbigood the spoilsport Hamilton. 老天有眼。

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Among televised motorsport events, F1 has the best presentation format, and that makes it the most entertaining.

But after the initial novelty, I am beginning to get concerned that so many people don't care that these 1000 bhp cars can't even generate their own lights.

Yes, IT IS ridiculous.

Cheers!

Race organisers have modified the course by ironing out some of the bumps but Hamilton, who came a disappointing fifth in tonight's second practice session, said: "I think they've made it worse. The chicane is the worst corner I have ever driven in Formula One. It's just ridiculous. Last year it was small but now it's even more dangerous. We saw one other car take off [Adrian Sutil's Force India, which suffered damage to its front suspension].

"You approach that corner at 160-170mph and then you brake down. If something goes wrong, somebody's brakes fail and you hit one of those kerbs then you are going to see a nasty accident."

twinseeker

Alfrescian
Loyal
when hamilton won the 1st nightrace (2008), he didnt have any complains.
when alonso won the 2nd nightrace (2009), hamilton had a few issues to mention
when alonso won last night, hamilton DNF for the 2nd straight competition this season

my guess is, Nicole Scherzinger raised the bars for his carrot.
images

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i take F1 anytime compared to the stupid YOG ok...

- the roadblocks are shorter, only 3 days vs stupid YOG lanes and blocking up of sports facilities etc

- you don't moblise thousands of students and feed them dog food

- its covered by all major newspapers and media - truly a sporting event.

- its more thrilling to see fast cars zooming around...

And on the race, its stupid of Hamilton...you are a F1 racer, you race on any track..otherwise quit the sport or crash your car (like he finally did) and don't participate in the race to show your du-laness.

And its his arrogant trait that cause the crash and I say obi-good...Webber has the inside lane and he should not have yielded...Hamilton is always arrogant that sometimes get him into shit...