• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

RI Get Day Off On Monday

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
National daily The Straits Times reported that one of Singapore's top schools, Raffles Institution, is giving its students a day off on Monday, the day much of Singapore is expected to stay awake in the early hours to catch the 2010 World Cup final live.

The school was the only one among 30 The Straits Times contacted that was declaring a break for its students.

RI's principal, Mrs Lim Lai Cheng, told reporters that she had promised her students a day off to celebrate the 28 national sports titles and nine gold awards for uniformed groups the school landed this year, and had taken the 'hints' from teachers and students that they would like the day off to be on July 12.

Spain and Holland are expected to go all out in the final as it will be the first time either team wins the coveted World Cup. The football competition, featuring some of the best national teams in the world, is held once every four-years. The next one kicks off in 2014, with qualifying rounds starting around 2012.

Maximilian Chua-Heng

Alfrescian
Loyal
No big deal. I remember my School I went to also gave us a day off whenever we won some national sports championship.

Don't make a molehill out of a mountain. :smile:

MIWIBDogRonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
National daily The Straits Times reported that one of Singapore's top schools, Raffles Institution, is giving its students a day off on Monday, the day much of Singapore is expected to stay awake in the early hours to catch the 2010 World Cup final live.

Do pappy doggies get a day off on monday too? :rolleyes:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Do pappy doggies get a day off on monday too? :rolleyes:

Every is off day, they are so busy examining their CPF Statement of Account, checking their bank balances, that is why they were often caught off guard for tree with roots falling off, floods, painted Train carriages etc..:biggrin:

kylie72

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not a bad idea, knowing lessons would be futile on that day to many under mass zombification from the cup final... plus

special off days like this always come with make-up lessons on other days, so why not.

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
No big deal! During my schooldays, it's up to me to declare any schoolday an off day! It's called "pon-tang"! :cool: