• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Review of Minister Salary to be Made Public Today?

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
the obscene high pay hv been hauntig them wherever they go; guilty conscious.
that why call for this pay review. they want to get it off their chest n to move on.
so, this weekend holidays they celebrating, EDITING before the release to public.
What kinda of a BUNCH of RAIDERS on this earth.!!!

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seriously I dunno if there will be changes. If revised downwards significantly, they will have to deal with the public's perception of "does it mean the Old man was wrong? " If so, they will have to invent a damn good reason after all that high ground. So the reasoning is more interesting.

Last edited:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone who expects to see a serious n sensible recommendation is, in Clinton666's words - a retarded gay dog. The whole process is flawed n totally lacking in independence. Ah Loong have looked at the months' old report asked for the 526th revision before public announcement, that is why it took so long

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Our established education system has produced a new generation of talented and public spirted men and women, who are willing to take a paycut to stand shoulder to shoulder with their fellow citizens.

A sibo:confused:

Seriously I dunno if there will be changes. If revised downwards significantly, they will have to deal with the public's perception of "does it mean the Old man was wrong? " If so, they will have to invent a damn good reason after all that high ground. So the reasoning is more interesting.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If they have orchestrated it well, the Review Committee will recommend a small deduction and the PM, in order to score political points, comes in with a slightly larger deduction for every body and a much larger one for himself and the President, because the Pres' main objective is to be able to turn on the key to the reserves and not after the salary. If GE lost the plot and came in with a big cut, then problem. Then I don't know when we can know the results.

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Being PAPzis, I expect a reduction but this reduction will be offset with hidden bonuses. These bonuses will more than offset any reduction, resulting in a net increment in take-home pay.

As it is, million dollar salaries for ministers and PS go into hundreds of millions. Then add on million dollar salaries at the GLCs including TH and GIC and the yearly burden on the people is close to $1B.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ChaoPappyPoodle said:
Being PAPzis, I expect a reduction but this reduction will be offset with hidden bonuses. These bonuses will more than offset any reduction, resulting in a net increment in take-home pay.

As it is, million dollar salaries for ministers and PS go into hundreds of millions. Then add on million dollar salaries at the GLCs including TH and GIC and the yearly burden on the people is close to $1B.

Any bonuses cannot be in monetary terms. As all of them are net investors, I believe it is in the area of cheaper or easier investment that changes will be made. I am saying it as what I think with no wish for this or that.1

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
6 more hours befor it hit midnight. Gerald Ee still partying? He will gain more weigh after today and than.....well, you guess. Thereafer review will be postponed and another head will be appointed to restart all the review process again.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha.......report submitted yesterday........papee MPs expected to be briefed on 3 Jan 2012......thereafter it will be debated in parliament (9 Jan, 16 Jan) and rubber-stamped.
my kuku guess is around 25% cut.

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha.......report submitted yesterday........papee MPs expected to be briefed on 3 Jan 2012......thereafter it will be debated in parliament (9 Jan, 16 Jan) and rubber-stamped.
my kuku guess is around 25% cut.

Kukubird dont anyhow guess lah. 25% cut all become corrupt then Sg die liao LOL

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
I consider bet on INCREASE a few % instead of INCREASE many %. If same we draw and if DECREASE you makan all. What odds LOL