• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

'Revelations' from SDP EGM last night

billisnotathome

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is from Farcebook, so take it with a giant dose of salt.

"Ravi Poohmani

My former comrades in SDP told me most SDP CEC & members threatened resignation & some even want to push for motion of non-confidence against Chee yesterday nite during their hastily called EGM.

Many members already tendered their resignation incl their top candidate; Major Ang Yong Hao, on 11-Jan, after Chee acted on his own accord to offer WP e TC role without CEC sanction.

Since 9-Jan, I was told many SDP members incl some in CEC are already unhappi with Chee when he make his 3 email correspondence to Sylvia public

I was also told many SDP CEC & members were also pissed that Chee never consulted his party members, elders & CEC before deciding to contest PE.

Chee was cornered yesterday when the EGM which was actually called by him to decide who to run PE turn ugly & new motion were instead tabled & passed to stop Chee from further talking to the press without going thru CEC.

Motion to pull out from the BE2013 race in PE were also tabled & passed.

There's also defeated motion of no confidence against Chee as well.

Chee also feel e pressure during e campaign as more & more volunteers & party members decided not to turn up from 11-Jan onwards after e WP TC fiasco.

Things became worst on 13-Jan when Chee went to e press again on 12-Jan nite to say e media has twisted his offer to WP when he accused everyone for not mentioning e offer is actually vice-versa.

Most of SDP members & CEC could not take it no more as they know there's no vice versa offer by Chee in e whole 20min of 11-Jan press interview.

Fact of e matter, towards e end on e 11-Jan interview, Chee even reiterated SDP actually want to run their own town council but decided to offer it to WP in e sprit of "gotong royong"!!

The repercussion of this fall out will be felt for long.
Chee will probably be voted out as Sec Gen soon or he will be isolated & his party will disintegrate.

Residents all over Spore will no longer trust SDP as they can suddenly pull out.

Thank you Chee for destroying SDP for 2nd time.
Chee bye."

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually its seems be a natural response to what Chee has been doing. I am sure the CEC of any party would have reacted in this manner.

This is from Farcebook, so take it with a giant dose of salt.

"Ravi Poohmani

My former comrades in SDP told me most SDP CEC & members threatened resignation & some even want to push for motion of non-confidence against Chee yesterday nite during their hastily called EGM.

Many members already tendered their resignation incl their top candidate; Major Ang Yong Hao, on 11-Jan, after Chee acted on his own accord to offer WP e TC role without CEC sanction.

Since 9-Jan, I was told many SDP members incl some in CEC are already unhappi with Chee when he make his 3 email correspondence to Sylvia public

I was also told many SDP CEC & members were also pissed that Chee never consulted his party members, elders & CEC before deciding to contest PE.

Chee was cornered yesterday when the EGM which was actually called by him to decide who to run PE turn ugly & new motion were instead tabled & passed to stop Chee from further talking to the press without going thru CEC.

Motion to pull out from the BE2013 race in PE were also tabled & passed.

There's also defeated motion of no confidence against Chee as well.

Chee also feel e pressure during e campaign as more & more volunteers & party members decided not to turn up from 11-Jan onwards after e WP TC fiasco.

Things became worst on 13-Jan when Chee went to e press again on 12-Jan nite to say e media has twisted his offer to WP when he accused everyone for not mentioning e offer is actually vice-versa.

Most of SDP members & CEC could not take it no more as they know there's no vice versa offer by Chee in e whole 20min of 11-Jan press interview.

Fact of e matter, towards e end on e 11-Jan interview, Chee even reiterated SDP actually want to run their own town council but decided to offer it to WP in e sprit of "gotong royong"!!

The repercussion of this fall out will be felt for long.
Chee will probably be voted out as Sec Gen soon or he will be isolated & his party will disintegrate.

Residents all over Spore will no longer trust SDP as they can suddenly pull out.

Thank you Chee for destroying SDP for 2nd time.
Chee bye."

coolguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
All along,my six sense told me SDP is actually a one-man show.
Just look at the dramatic happenings of the past few days.
In just a few days, the party direction can so quickly twist and turn
like a snake.Wow.
And the political bargaining proposed literally cut Punggol East into half!

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
This information on what went on behind the scenes is extremely valuable.

Ravi Poolmani should be applauded for being a top-notch whistle-blower! :biggrin:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
As mentioned by some in this forum, CSJ has a personal axe to grind with the PAP leadership. As a result he has lost his objectivity and might I add, his judgment and sanity as well. Before the blunders he made in the last few days, most people were already wary of him. Now, his political career is done for. The SDP ought to eject him asap.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As mentioned by some in this forum, CSJ has a personal axe to grind with the PAP leadership. As a result he has lost his objectivity and might I add, his judgment and sanity as well. Before the blunders he made in the last few days, most people were already wary of him. Now, his political career is done for. The SDP ought to eject him asap.

CSJ's problem is his lack of political acumen and cunning. He has a good head for analysis, policy and organizational matters but will need good advisors for electoral strategy.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal

Totally agree. This wretched man was given so many chances.
He has proven that he cannot be trusted by even a small political party, what more anything larger than that.

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal

That is one thing. But what is far more disturbing is the number of apparently SDP supporters who keep on harping on the "arrogance" of WP. So I don't know whether it's CSJ wanting to get at the PAP, or whether it's CSJ wanting to get at WP, or both. He's apparently not realising that many people out there can see through his bullshit on "opposition unity" in a few seconds.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
Totally agree. This wretched man was given so many chances.
He has proven that he cannot be trusted by even a small political party, what more anything larger than that.
Last time he claim the PAP and MSM ganged up to victimise him and distort he public image.

Many in SDP believed and remained loyal to him. Now who can he blame? The entire WP, LTK or SL? Every of his recent public appearances and statement available on youtube for all in SDP to view. He can't possibly twist and spin out of this.

If SDP does not eject him and let him continue with his nonsense, then the party is a goner. Similarly, whoever still sticking by him is either a PAP mole, or is clearly without reasonable level of mental capacity to be in politics.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That is one thing. But what is far more disturbing is the number of apparently SDP supporters who keep on harping on the "arrogance" of WP. So I don't know whether it's CSJ wanting to get at the PAP, or whether it's CSJ wanting to get at WP, or both. He's apparently not realising that many people out there can see through his bullshit on "opposition unity" in a few seconds.

You're reading this wrong. My take is that CSJ was really gunning for a joint candidate with WP to avoid a 3CF but it backfired big time when he dropped the ball by going through the media instead of negotiating privately.

He's a lousy tactician, but I believe he's sincere on wanting opposition unity.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If SDP does not eject him and let him continue with his nonsense, then the party is a goner. Similarly, whoever still sticking by him is either a PAP mole, or is clearly without reasonable level of mental capacity to be in politics.

CSJ may not be the best strategist around, but he brings many strengths to the party - his idealism, his organizational ability, his writing skills, his ability to analyse issues and articulate a vision.

He should continue to do what he does best, but surround himself with a team that can help with electoral planning and tactics.

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
You're reading this wrong. My take is that CSJ was really gunning for a joint candidate with WP to avoid a 3CF but it backfired big time when he dropped the ball by going through the media instead of negotiating privately.

He's a lousy tactician, but I believe he's sincere on wanting opposition unity.

My friend, I'm not involved in opposition party politics. I've never stepped in any of the party headquarters. But it's plain to see that WP is a fairly closed entity. Call it arrogance or whatever, it is a pretty closed system, much easier to get kicked out of that party than it is to be let in. WP will never let a TJS stroll in and take a star billing overnight, nor will it grant so much media spotlight to a newbie like Nicole Seah. Based on that, a "joint candidate" with any other party is more or less impossible, and even if CSJ doesn't see this, I expect VW and PT to be smart enough.

What I've seen over the last 1 week beggars belief.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
CSJ's problem is his lack of political acumen and cunning. He has a good head for analysis, policy and organizational matters but will need good advisors for electoral strategy.

mr yellow, dr chee had been in politics for over 20yrs. lack of political acumen cannot wash liao lah. as for advisors, there plenty of experience talents within sdp. can dr chee be "ah dou"?:confused:

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
mr yellow, dr chee had been in politics for over 20yrs. lack of political acumen cannot wash liao lah. as for advisors, there plenty of experience talents within sdp. can dr chee be "ah dou"?:confused:

No acumen means no acumen lah. 40 years also no use. You think LTK's shrewdness can be taught or trained with time?

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is clear that as we go along Mr yellow is making up reasons for Chee's strange behaviour, to put it gently.
This is what keeps the SDP down, i.e., when people start giving reasons to excuse its leader's inexcusable conduct.

Chee should be thrown out and good and decent people brought in to start afresh.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
CSJ may not be the best strategist around, but he brings many strengths to the party - his idealism, his organizational ability, his writing skills, his ability to analyse issues and articulate a vision.
I don't know about the rest of the strengths that you mentioned, but he clearly has no ability to analyse issues, and totally no situational awareness.

Another major flaw that is exposed is his integrity, or lack of integrity. Note how many of his very public twist and turns in past couple of days. Only seen such nonsense in malaysia and india. I will not even give him toilet cleaning job.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is clear that as we go along Mr yellow is making up reasons for Chee's strange behaviour, to put it gently. This is what keeps the SDP down, i.e., when people start giving reasons to excuse its leader's inexcusable conduct.

You're wrong. No excuses - I call a spade a spade.

And I mean it when I say CSJ has no political acumen whatsoever. He boo-booed big time. Is that a compliment?

glockman

Old Fart
Asset

You may be right in saying so. But I suspect he's also a determined and stubborn man. If he had accepted counsel from the start, he would not be in the predicament he is in today. He could've risen to the forthfront of our opposition politics had he listened, and felt the pulse of the electorate.