• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Reuben Wang Was Betrayed by Close Friend & Forced by School to Apologize

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tell me what has the boy done wrong that he needed to apologise for?

Telling a people's elected rep to stop dithering and answer questions directly? The DPM should do the right thing and apologise to the students he didnt have the answers.

For saying "Fuck you!" ? - what's so irreverent about that? Only in Singapore are we told to treat Minsiters like gods. Ministers are after all elected servants, and they get hammered and called names, and get eggs on their faces all over the world. It's time Singapore Ministers learn to grow up like the rest of the world.

I will stick it out, and sue the MOE or the school for wrongful dismissal if it came to that.

No choice lah. His father is also a teacher in SAJC. So, either he apologizes or both may eventually face the sack from MOE. If you were in their shoes, which will you do?

Last edited:

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tell me what has the boy done wrong that he needed to apologise for?

Telling a people's elected rep to stop dithering and answer questions directly? The DPM should do the right thing and apologise to the students he didnt have the answers.

For saying "Fuck you!" ? - what's so irreverent about that? Only in Singapore are we told to treat Minsiters like gods. Ministers are after all elected servants, and they get hammered and called names, and get eggs on their faces all over the world. It's time Singapore Ministers learn to grow up like the rest of the world.

I will stick it out, and sue the MOE or the school for wrongful dismissal if it came to that.

Lots of whistle-blowers this year. First WP CEC minutes leaked, now the boy is sabo-ed by his friends.

Trust No One as the line went in the X files.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Poor Reuben! Played out by his parents who were supposed to back him up, give him all the moral support he needed. I pity Reuben. I hope he wont allow himself to be destroyed emotionally and intellectually maimed by this episode, but emerge stronger and more convicted. Reuben sounded like a smart kid. What kind of parents are his to sell out his ideals? I hope it is the parents who will learn a livelong lesson from destroying their child. Talk about parents being a role model. Pui! What useless parents for backing down from the PAP and shaming their kid!!

hi there

1. honest, we know how hotbot feels too!
2. sheep there suck big time.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
See... I am right again. Sinkie are ball-less cowards. Being a coward, it does nothing good for himself but profit the PAP.

JohnnyQuid

Alfrescian
Loyal
what can u expect..the peasant does not want to starve to death for insulting a Mandarin in the Lee Dynasty Court..for those who ratted on him..don't blame them, every peasant wants to be part of the imperial court..even if it means being a jester...

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's what big nose Teo Chee Bye is like.... Mini-star for Home Affairs.... get his police kia ji xiao the boy's family :*: Believe they will get the police kia to SHOOT the boy's family in Thailand, is that not right? :rolleyes:

In your grandfather's school day, he would be caned during school assembly and sacked.

The police could have confiscated his PC and then charged him for downloading undesirable illegal elements and copyrighted materials. But the I think the Minister has been extremely patient and kind.

The Deputy Prime Minister even rewarded him with an autographed book which will surely increase in value when he becomes the Prime Minister. Where is the bullying?

Anyone can name me another Deputy Prime Minister in the world who can be so kind, forgiving and generous? Singapore is indeed unique, with uniquely enlightened ministers.

goldenmonkey

Alfrescian
Loyal
[h=2]Reuben Wang was ‘counseled’ by Saint Andrews Junior College before making ‘apology’ to DPM Teo[/h]Posted by temasektimes on June 9, 2012

Reuben subsequently met DPM Teo together with his parents and apologized to him in person. His blog has since been taken down.
The entire fracas was turned into an ‘education session’ by the mainstream media which has jumped on it to remind young Singaporeans of the proper ‘online etiquette’ when dealing with PAP ministers and MPs.

Reuben will grow up 1 day, with great determination to right the wrong. He will be invited to speak to the establishment. He will be convinced that the only way is to change the system from within, and surprise of surprise, he will stand under the banner of the establishment, after realising the opposition are a collective group of self-serving, egositic, all-talk-no-action, back-stabbing fools.

2 years on, he will enter parliment via a GRC and then refuse adding to the amount of subsidy to poor folks and asks where they intend to have their daily meals.

Haven't we heard it all before? All is lost.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Reuben will grow up 1 day, with great determination to right the wrong. He will be invited to speak to the establishment. He will be convinced that the only way is to change the system from within, and surprise of surprise, he will stand under the banner of the establishment, after realising the opposition are a collective group of self-serving, egositic, all-talk-no-action, back-stabbing fools.

2 years on, he will enter parliment via a GRC and then refuse adding to the amount of subsidy to poor folks and asks where they intend to have their daily meals.

Haven't we heard it all before? All is lost.

Indeed. To be Singaporean is to be self-serving and amoral. Doesn't matter on which side of the political spectrum you stand.

mixmasternrv

Alfrescian
Loyal
All this confirms is that there will exist factions in the establishment that will make it their duty to stamp out thinking contrary to the accepted norm and that despite the "openness" espoused by the those in office, a mere lad is sent cowering to apologise for not only his misdeed but for what may be construed as an afront that may have consequences on his dad & school.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Kowtowing Is Sinkies' Pastimes

Reuben had the guys to apologise for what he did wrong. This boy has more balls than you fellas

dariobadis

Alfrescian
Loyal
Poor Reuben! Played out by his parents who were supposed to back him up, give him all the moral support he needed. I pity Reuben. I hope he wont allow himself to be destroyed emotionally and intellectually maimed by this episode, but emerge stronger and more convicted. Reuben sounded like a smart kid. What kind of parents are his to sell out his ideals? I hope it is the parents who will learn a livelong lesson from destroying their child. Talk about parents being a role model. Pui! What useless parents for backing down from the PAP and shaming their kid!!

very well said. We lack of ppl like Reuben in singapore.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
more likely, his father , his mother, his uncle...will all be affected if he don't apologise.

you know - 株连九族

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Remember the case of the 'Get out of my uncaring elite face' Wee Shu Min, daughter of PAP MP Wee Siew Kim? Did PAP adults teach their kids to be respectful of seniors? Did not the father at first try to defend her own daughter as within her own right to her blog? Fucking hypocrites! Fucking porlumpars who forced Reuben to apologise! Fucking MIWs are not gods!

In PAP land, it is Animal Farm. "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others"Once you learn that in sec school Lit, you know who is who. Reuben Wang prob forgot about that.