• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Retiree old man acquitted of attempting to procure indecent act from underage girl

Patriot

Alfrescian
Loyal
Retiree acquitted of attempting to procure indecent act from underage girl
bnplaceholder_1.jpg

PUBLISHED

SEP 19, 2018, 6:04 PM SGT

Shaffiq Idris Alkhatib

Patriot

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE - He had to endure months of sleepless nights but on Tuesday (Sept 18), a 65-year-old retiree heaved a sigh of relief after he was acquitted of attempting to procure an indecent act with an underage girl.

In an exclusive interview with The Straits Times on Wednesday, Mr Jamalludin Abdullah, who was charged with the offence in March, said in Malay: "The past few months have been extremely difficult as my worries kept me awake. I also had no appetite to eat.

"I'm overjoyed and relieved that it's all over as I had been accused of a crime I did not commit."

Patriot

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mr Jamalludin, who has four adult daughters and 11 grandchildren, was accused of repeatedly asking a 15-year-old girl to have sex with him while patting her back and holding her hand at a staircase landing of a Punggol Central block of flats at around 5am on Jan 21 last year.

The girl was linked to a case involving an Uber driver who was jailed for 14 months in May for having sex with her that morning.

Isyam Rahmat, who Mr Jamalludin had treated like a younger brother, was aware that the teenage runaway was a minor but that did not deter the 36-year-old man from having sex with her.

Patriot

Alfrescian
Loyal
Isyam had picked the girl up while driving on Jan 20 last year after she phoned him at around 4pm that day.

Mr Jamalludin told ST that he had dinner with the pair later that evening before heading home.

Isyam had unprotected sex with the girl at a staircase landing of Mr Jamalludin's block at around 4am the next day.

The retiree said: "I only found out about what Isyam had done when police came to my home to look for me. I was shocked as I did not touch the girl at all. And as for Isyam, I didn't expect that he could commit such an act. But I have already forgiven him a long time ago."

Patriot

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mr Jamalludin said that his family members stood by him after he was charged in court because they knew that he was wrongly accused of committing the offence.

He added: "I'm an old man and I don't have sexual urges anymore. I'm truly thankful for my lawyers Mr Patrick Fernandez and Ms Cheryl Tan for helping me these past six months."

Mr Fernandez told ST on Tuesday that prior to the acquittal, he sent Mr Jamalludin to undergo a medical examination and a doctor found that the elderly man has erectile dysfunction.

Patriot

Alfrescian
Loyal
The lawyer added: "Due to his condition, it was unlikely that my client was able to commit the offence."

First-time offenders convicted of attempting to procure an indecent act from a child can be jailed for up to five years and fined up to $10,000. Repeat offenders can be jailed for up to seven years and fined up to $20,000.

kezgtree

Alfrescian
Loyal
...should asked our resident m&d as he might be that age gap..back in those days 1400 year in mid east..at 65 ....they are still screwing camels...i hear say

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Teehee... Tantric sex is the best!!!

You believe that mat, at 65 no sexual urge... I think the judge is refraining from slapping him... He crosses the mersey in the ferry..oops!..Batam in the ferry...he will be on high alert, with his urges....& crosses back...he says...I have no urge...same, when he goes to Malaysia , Indonesia, Southern Thailand ets..

What a liar!

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's obvious the chick has made a false report. What is the penalty for her false reporting ? That is why with that rubbish marital rape laws...more men will go to jail. Where are the safe guards?