• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Retiree jailed two weeks for attacking train commuter after row over seat

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
have you all ever wondered why do people behave this way...? there are many cases involving spats in public transport be it in train,buses and taxis. one reason i can think of is sinkieland is too populated and people are frustrated and stressed out. imagine if one individual has to put up with office politics at work and then to face a crowded train when going home, sometimes, have to wait for 2nd train as 1st train is packed... i dun think this is a nice feeling...!! so if you think that the pap gahment ministers has done a good job, you better think twice.:wink: and please also ask them to take public transport on a daily basis to see if they can really match the stamina of average sinkies.:rolleyes: lastly, ask the minsiters if they really know how the commuters feel, they should approach things in a human touch manner rather than focusing on how to rip sinkies' pocket.:oIo:

BY ELENA CHONG
SINGAPORE - A retiree who assaulted a train commuter after a row over a seat was jailed for two weeks on Thursday.

Wong Shih Cher, 64, admitted causing hurt by repeatedly punching dealer Ng Keh Hee, 35, at Novena MRT station on July 9 last year.

The court heard that both men were on the North-South line train heading towards Woodlands when the dispute erupted after Mr Ng refused to give up his seat for an elderly woman who was standing up.

When the train reached Novena, Wong brushed past Mr Ng while alighting. Unhappy that he did not apologise, Mr Ng shouted at Wong before both got off to discuss the matter further.

- See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/news/si...ommuter-after-row-over-s#sthash.atoGtPHO.dpuf

Last edited:

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
knn, i am serious about this thread, please dun side track, i am trying to address this problem, and aiming to be the next PM cum president of sinkieland...:eek:

Dragonhead

Alfrescian
Loyal
...have you all ever wondered why do people behave this way...? there are many cases involving spats in public transport be it in train,buses and taxis. one reason i can think of is sinkieland is too populated and people are frustrated and stressed out. imagine if one individual has to put up with office politics at work and then to face a crowded train when going home, sometimes, have to wait for 2nd train as 1st train is packed... i dun think this is a nice feeling...!! so if you think that the pap gahment ministers has done a good job, you better think twice.

Generally, some elderly sinkies are more aggressive when travelling in a crowded train or bus packed with foreigners. They have low tolerance level and when buay song, they will explode. The old uncle might have asked the younger man to give up his seat but was ignored.

The court should have just fined the old uncle and set him free. Why jailed him? Some foreigners, younger than this old uncle, who hantam sinkies were only fined for their offences. Why this double standard?

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
they set the law, it is up to them to say if one is guilty or not, this is from an experienced uncle i met in the coffeeshop.

Generally, some elderly sinkies are more aggressive when travelling in a crowded train or bus packed with foreigners. They have low tolerance level and when buay song, they will explode. The old uncle might have asked the younger man to give up his seat but was ignored.

The court should have just fined the old uncle and set him free. Why jailed him? Some foreigners, younger than this old uncle, who hantam sinkies were only fined for their offences. Why this double standard?

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
He should be given a medal for standing up.

And if he gets into a fight with the much younger man and won. Why was he the only one jail? And the loser gets away scott free ??

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if you look thru the whole incident thoroughly and analyse it, the root problem resulting in the bad behaviour of the uncle, is actually caused by our gahmen over crowding the city.

And if he gets into a fight with the much younger man and won. Why was he the only one jail? And the loser gets away scott free ??

Dragonhead

Alfrescian
Loyal

It is inconceivable that the young man stood there like a punching bag for the old sinkie to whack him. Surely, that young man did retaliate too but why was he not charged for affray as well? Clearly, a double standard of punishment.

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
if you look thru the whole incident thoroughly and analyse it, the root problem resulting in the bad behaviour of the uncle, is actually caused by our gahmen over crowding the city.

The young man who refuses to give up to a weaker elder is the root cause, overcrowding or not. It's a lack of social etiquette that is pervasive in our culture. If we must blame, part of the fault lies in the PAP government that is build on a me first attitude.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I read somewhere that chickens, when kept in a crowded cage, have been shown to resort to cannibalism.

Cheers!

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
It is inconceivable that the young man stood there like a punching bag for the old sinkie to whack him. Surely, that young man did retaliate too but why was he not charged for affray as well? Clearly, a double standard of punishment.

They got off the train, did not read the full version what happens next.

Agreed that the punishment is suspect and does not sounds right.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
when the judge pass down sentence, did he/she ever looked thru what is the cause of this...? NO...just simply sent him to his changi chalet and never question cos' probably they think they know best. this retiree did not smuggle drugs or stab someone, just a few punches and he has to face jail time. i think this is not fair. besides, there are so many similar cases happening in public transport, look thru all of them and see what is the cause? the pressure is putting a toll psychologically on sinkies. and whose fault is it....it's our bloody pap gahmen!:oIo:

jw5

Loyal
Absolutely agree.

The young man who refuses to give up to a weaker elder is the root cause, overcrowding or not. It's a lack of social etiquette that is pervasive in our culture. If we must blame, part of the fault lies in the PAP government that is build on a me first attitude.

jw5

Loyal
Bytheway, what are the full names of Mr and Mrs Ng? i.e. Ng Keh Hee's parents? :rolleyes:

If he has children, they are probably very young, so let's leave them out of this until 10 years later.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I have tersely f#$^^$ off people, to tell me to give up the RESERVE seat I was sitting on, while I am on the train...I paid for my fare, I am tired, I need rest, I seat where I want...if they have RESERVED the seat, show proof. You are really that old, sick or pregnant needing that seat..I will graciously give you that seat..but most are not.

You are that sick, that old, that pregnant...you should not be taking the train to work...or wherever you are going, you become a danger to yourself & a menace to others...:mad:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unfortunately, this is the situation for most commoners. The courts only look at the offense, and are not concerned by the causes. If a man stole something to eat because he was hungry, he is judged a thief, not a hungry person. Of course if he comes from a wealthy or influential family, his lawyer will tell the court he is a kleptomaniac. Life is unfair, but that's life.

Cheers!

when the judge pass down sentence, did he/she ever looked thru what is the cause of this...? NO...just simply sent him to his changi chalet and never question cos' probably they think they know best. ..........

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some of these old dreg r remnants from the days of collecting protection money n still relive the sh1t in tjeir mind days pass when they can walk tall as bullies.

Still retain such bad habit of trying to beat up others. 2 weeks is a holiday. They should cane him n let the public stone him to death.