• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Responsible Sinkie Has 64 Insurance Plans For Retirement Plan Of Passive Income $5k Per Month! How Many Do Oppies Have?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Why he has 64 insurance plans and counting

ST_20191013_BIZLTTEO13_5178005.jpg

Mr Teo Kay Leong is saving for his retirement via three insurance plans that will start paying a monthly lifetime income when he turns 65. He is also keen to take up another plan to increase his retirement income. His goal is to have passive income of $5,000 per month. ST PHOTO: GIN TAY

Retrenchment taught sales manager value of insurance policies in planning for future

Sales manager Teo Kay Leong did not appreciate the benefits of insurance until he was retrenched in 2004 from his job of 11 years.

Fortunately, Mr Teo, 52, had bought two endowment plans from Tokio Marine Life Insurance Singapore two years earlier that came with payouts every two years. The payouts helped tide him over until he found another job.

https://www.straitstimes.com/business/invest/why-he-has-64-insurance-plans-and-counting

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Why he has 64 insurance plans and counting

ST_20191013_BIZLTTEO13_5178005.jpg

Mr Teo Kay Leong is saving for his retirement via three insurance plans that will start paying a monthly lifetime income when he turns 65. He is also keen to take up another plan to increase his retirement income. His goal is to have passive income of $5,000 per month. ST PHOTO: GIN TAY

Retrenchment taught sales manager value of insurance policies in planning for future

Sales manager Teo Kay Leong did not appreciate the benefits of insurance until he was retrenched in 2004 from his job of 11 years.

Fortunately, Mr Teo, 52, had bought two endowment plans from Tokio Marine Life Insurance Singapore two years earlier that came with payouts every two years. The payouts helped tide him over until he found another job.

https://www.straitstimes.com/business/invest/why-he-has-64-insurance-plans-and-counting
Only 52 but he looks like he's in his mid-60s. Wise of him to have these insurance policies, he's gonna need them.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Only 52 but he looks like he's in his mid-60s. Wise of him to have these insurance policies, he's gonna need them.

I have far fewer insurance plans than he had. But I built up a few different streams of incomes over the years such as rental and running a profitable business. It's not easy to pay for so many insurance plans if he's just an average salaryman.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
I have far fewer insurance plans than he had. But I built up a few different streams of incomes over the years such as rental and running a profitable business. It's not easy to pay for so many insurance plans if he's just an average salaryman.
He's definitely struggling to pay all those insurance policies, else he wouldn't look so aged. He really looks like shit. Yes I have rentals too, plus my thriving cardboard picking business. Life is good!:thumbsup:

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
In an era of volatile markets only a fool will not keep cash in hand. Elon musk and his big mouth. A certain racist pizza owner. I made profits in weeks. But you said sinkie. No bar is too low

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Every now and then the local presstitutes will publish something which seems to have been sponsored by the insurance industry or real estate industry. :wink:

Take everything you read in the nation-building press with a pinch of salt.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Every now and then the local presstitutes will publish something which seems to have been sponsored by the insurance industry or real estate industry. :wink:

Take everything you read in the nation-building press with a pinch of salt.

The hard truth is that sales job is the most meritocratic job around. Your income is directly related to your sales and ability to sell. You don't have to worry about bad bosses giving you a poor work apprisal because they are biased against you. If my kids weren't already PSC scholars, I would have strongly advised them to seek career choices related to high paying secure jobs like medicine, or take their chances in insurance or property sales or take over my business.