• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Resignation Questions?

silver.shorts

Alfrescian
Loyal
Me, newbie here.

Anyone can clarify?

If I were to submit my resignation letter on 15 September and to serve 1 month notice, should my last day be 15 October or 14 October?

My boss is not around during this period. Should I call him and inform him about my resignation and put the letter on his table OR send him an email informing my regisnation OR just place the resignation letter on his table and wait for his return (after 2 weeks) to find out?

Thanks.

kuntakinte

Alfrescian
Loyal
Huh ?? A 2 men company ? You and your boss ?

IF this being the case, it is better to send in the official letter and an email since he is out of town.

Me, newbie here.

Anyone can clarify?

If I were to submit my resignation letter on 15 September and to serve 1 month notice, should my last day be 15 October or 14 October?

My boss is not around during this period. Should I call him and inform him about my resignation and put the letter on his table OR send him an email informing my regisnation OR just place the resignation letter on his table and wait for his return (after 2 weeks) to find out?

Thanks.

kuntakinte

Alfrescian
Loyal
Legally speaking, you just need to submit your resignation to the HR department and that is what HR dept is for regardless whether they report to one boss or not.

14 Oct will be your last day if your employment contract stipulates you to give 1 month notice. There are other conditions in your employment contract, so please read that contract carefully.

No, no, theres also HR department and my colleagues but we report to only one big Boss.

VampirEmpire

Just to add 1 more point to the correct info by Kuntakinte...it is an offence for your boss to reject your resignation. He MUST release you after 14th Oct 2008.

Legally speaking, you just need to submit your resignation to the HR department and that is what HR dept is for regardless whether they report to one boss or not.

14 Oct will be your last day if your employment contract stipulates you to give 1 month notice. There are other conditions in your employment contract, so please read that contract carefully.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
is dat 1 day difference very important? ...

best is check wif ur hr dept ppl ... ask dem if u want ur last day 2 b dat date exactly, how u shld date ur letter ...

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you have already decided to leave, then submit it

Regarding your boss, you have two options:

(1) give your boss an sms, email and spoil his holiday (or help him celebrate even more, i do not know)

(2) wait for your boss to return and explain why you tell him only after his holiday

Finally, if that one day difference is important to you, check with the HR as suggested by some here (i presume you used up all your leave)

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
is dat 1 day difference very important? ...

best is check wif ur hr dept ppl ... ask dem if u want ur last day 2 b dat date exactly, how u shld date ur letter ...

He need to report to others ship at 14 oct. Actually one day not a big deal. Just call and tell them nicely.

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
just send your letter to ur HR Dept,since your boss is not around.
the last day of work should be 14 Oct 2008 or earlier if you have any balance leave to offset.

wish you all the best in your new job.

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
To avoid any confusion with the reader, it's best if you specify your intended last day of work after the notification period.