• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Reseller on Carousell lists Omega X Swatch for 6k each!!

mixmasternrv

Alfrescian
Loyal
For 6K I'll go for the Breitling Blackbird Avenger 48mm.

Great choice one of 3 Breitlings I own too, Seawolf II, and Hurricane .

a17331101i1w1_1.jpg
20-3.jpg

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
So at the end of the day, spending $372 on a Seiko 5 Automatic is 1,000 times better than this piece of junk?

plzhelpme

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN

Those Chao Turbines GCBs should have bought a
SEIKO Turtle watch.

Three New Turtle Divers From Seiko Shellebrate The Sea Turtle​

Yes, that's a turtle-themed "turtle" you're seeing. And they're exclusive to the US market.

Hodinkee_SH7_0110_toned.jpg

I'm talking about the latest limited-edition, US-exclusive trio of Seiko "Turtle" divers that are actually inspired by turtles. I bet the Seiko community didn't see this one coming when they nicknamed the 6309 "the Turtle" and the 2015 SRP775 (and variants) the "new Turtle." I certainly didn't, but the signs that something like this could be in the pipeline were there all along.

plzhelpme

Alfrescian
Loyal
The three models – SRPH55, SRPH57, and SRPH59 – differ in dial color. The SRPH55 wears a shade of brown reminiscent of a Loggerhead Sea Turtle's shell, whereas the other two models, with their blue and green hues, evoke the aquatic environments sea turtles live in.

While the overall turtle aesthetic is a bit less serious than we're used to seeing from Seiko, on the tech side it boasts specs that make these particular turtle-inspired "Turtles" a serious upgrade from the SRP models of yore. They're based on the "King Turtle'' models released last year, and that means a host of material upgrades that, in my opinion, justify the $750 price tag. Traditionally, as far as entry and mid-range Seiko divers go, there's the retail price and then the "street" price. I have a feeling that this will trade, even on the secondary market, close to the retail price. I'll be frank – the sea turtle association doesn't call out to me as a selling point – as a rule of thumb, any relationships that are aesthetically acknowledged have to add to the watch's appeal instead of detract from it. In this case, Seiko is acknowledging their partnership with the Oceanic Society’s State of the World's Sea Turtles (SWOT) Program, so it's hard to be critical of an important cause. As an angler and outdoorsman, it is heartbreaking to watch what's happening to the ocean. I have a tremendous amount of respect for Seiko and their efforts.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
The three models – SRPH55, SRPH57, and SRPH59 – differ in dial color. The SRPH55 wears a shade of brown reminiscent of a Loggerhead Sea Turtle's shell, whereas the other two models, with their blue and green hues, evoke the aquatic environments sea turtles live in.

While the overall turtle aesthetic is a bit less serious than we're used to seeing from Seiko, on the tech side it boasts specs that make these particular turtle-inspired "Turtles" a serious upgrade from the SRP models of yore. They're based on the "King Turtle'' models released last year, and that means a host of material upgrades that, in my opinion, justify the $750 price tag. Traditionally, as far as entry and mid-range Seiko divers go, there's the retail price and then the "street" price. I have a feeling that this will trade, even on the secondary market, close to the retail price. I'll be frank – the sea turtle association doesn't call out to me as a selling point – as a rule of thumb, any relationships that are aesthetically acknowledged have to add to the watch's appeal instead of detract from it. In this case, Seiko is acknowledging their partnership with the Oceanic Society’s State of the World's Sea Turtles (SWOT) Program, so it's hard to be critical of an important cause. As an angler and outdoorsman, it is heartbreaking to watch what's happening to the ocean. I have a tremendous amount of respect for Seiko and their efforts.
Chao turtle you are on turtle business now:biggrin:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Buy low and sell high, that's what business should be like.

Some dimwits from Temasek should learn from this.