• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

REQUEST FOR RENT REDUCTION

valleycat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Forumners,

I received this request below from tenant who started renting my apartment in January 2020. Can you please advice if the request below is reasonable and am i obliged to accommodate? Thank you.

I hope all is well with you and your family during this global epidemic! I am also reaching out to request a temporary decrease in the rental of unit #### at One Shenton. During these difficult times, in order for my company to save costs and manage through the economic crisis, I have received a pay cut of 40% in salary stating in April for 3 months. There is a good chance I may receive a further cut or that the current terms are extended. Additionally, as we only recently moved, our savings have not had time to replenish. Based on current conditions, I would like to request if we could have a 40% cut in the rental cost for the unit for the next 3 months, starting with the May 15th payment. That means paying xxxxxSGD instead of xxxxxSGD for May, Jun, & Jul. Please let me know if this request is possible at your convenience. In the meantime, we wish you and yours all the best.

Xisiqomelir

Alfrescian
Loyal
How bro? If you evict can you get another one?

-40% x 3 mo vs $0 until new tenant, go with whatever feels less painful

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
My tenants asked me for rent reduction, and I responded with a lawyer's letter. Either pay up or move out! No delays, or else deposit will be forfeited.