• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Renunciation information

sam leon

Alfrescian
Loyal
ICA staff very nice. Tell counter staff you come to renounce. Give you Q-ticket. Wait outside Room 14 to 18. Go in. ICA officer asked you want to renounce. Give him/her all the filled forms and notarised foreign citizenship and passport. Get your MP or MLA in your new country to notarise. It is free. Remember to request for photocopies of your Singapore IC(back and front) and Singapore passport. If not, make sure you photocopy your Singapore passport and IC before surrendering to ICA. You need these copies when you apply to withdraw your CPF. Very fast. All over in 10 minutes. ICA officer give you an acknowledgement letter. Go to ICA front counter and pay S$35 processing fee. I paid by NETS. Take about 3 months to process.

Get your ICA acknowledgement letter and foreign passport to your bank to update your bank account to a non-resident account. Make sure you renew your bank security token(last for 5 years) for your internet banking.

Go down to CPF to check all your balances(OA, SA, MA, RA, etc.). Ask them all the questions about withdrawing your CPF after renunciation. CPF staff very nice.
CPF pays you only in SGD(bank draft, telegraphic transfer, local Singapore account). Take about 1 month to process.

Can use your foreign passport to enter and exit Singapore. No problem. ICA does not allow dual citizenship.

Danni12345

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you Sam for your generous sharing of information.

Did you go to CPF in the same DAY as ICA, to withdraw your CPF funds?

Danni12345

Alfrescian
Loyal
From some previous posting , some people were allowed to keep their old IC (with 2 holes punched through to invalidate it); it is not the case with you ?

How long did it take you from start to finish (getting CPF). I am hoping to start my own process but I only have a few days in SG.

Where have you emigrated to? Wishing you all the very best in your new home country.

Last edited:

Climax69

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkies will miss u bro. Go with no regrets and remember how lucky you are to have made this choice. Good luck and all the best!

sam leon

Alfrescian
Loyal
From some previous posting , some people were allowed to keep their old IC (with 2 holes punched through to invalidate it); it is not the case with you ?

How long did it take you from start to finish (getting CPF). I am hoping to start my own process but I only have a few days in SG.

Where have you emigrated to? Wishing you all the very best in your new home country.

ICA very efficient. You need only 10 to 15 minutes. No need appointment. Drop-in basis. ICA-3 months CPF - 1 month. Never ask for old IC.

Danni12345

Alfrescian
Loyal
I assume you did all the CPF on a separate trip back to Singapore.

Besides getting the overseas documents notarised by a Justice of Peace of that overseas country , do you need any notaries for Singapore documents ? I was googling and it cost $50/- per page.

Since CPF will not transfer funds to an overseas account, did you transfer the funds interbank to your overseas account?

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
You dont have to go back to sg physically for CPF withdrawal either.

Just send the documents in. Notary witnesses when you sign.

Danni12345

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am looking for tickets to SG soon.

This trip will not just be for the ICA. But to say goodbye to friends and places I have known and will miss.

If the CPF cannot be done, then it will give me some more free time to binge on laksa and wantan mee.

Has anyone had trouble with the banks and changing your details? Do they ask for residency details for the purpose of CRS protocol reporting?

Oh yes and chicken rice.

sam leon

Alfrescian
Loyal
I assume you did all the CPF on a separate trip back to Singapore.

Besides getting the overseas documents notarised by a Justice of Peace of that overseas country , do you need any notaries for Singapore documents ? I was googling and it cost $50/- per page.

Since CPF will not transfer funds to an overseas account, did you transfer the funds interbank to your overseas account?

CPF will transfer funds to your overseas account only in SGD.

sam leon

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am looking for tickets to SG soon.

This trip will not just be for the ICA. But to say goodbye to friends and places I have known and will miss.

If the CPF cannot be done, then it will give me some more free time to binge on laksa and wantan mee.

Has anyone had trouble with the banks and changing your details? Do they ask for residency details for the purpose of CRS protocol reporting?

Oh yes and chicken rice.

Take ICA renunciation acknowledgement letter and your foreign passport. Go to your S'pore bank. Fill up a form to change your local bank account into
a non-resident bank account. That is if you want to use your S'pore bank account to receive your CPF funds, and use your S'pore bank account to transfer your CPF funds periodically(or one lump sum) to your foreign bank account.

sam leon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks again for the info.

Did the bank ask you for residency details ? For the new CRS ?

You need to fill a personal particulars form at the bank. Remember to ask for a new security token(last for 5 years).
You need security token to access the funds in your bank.

kingat33

Alfrescian
Loyal
heard dual citizenship coming soon for ex-singaporeans but have to put back cpf plus interest......stay tuned

Danni12345

Alfrescian
Loyal
The bank I am with uses an app for login. Does not require token any more.

Has the bank asked for your CRS certification , like your residency tax status overseas ?