• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Renovation to your homes

usopgrasio

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was quoted RM10200 to grille the whole house. Is this a reasonable quote in your view?

except for the 3rd floor, we paid rm5500 for powder coated material which i find is secure enuf.

cud be the design dat they quoted u is very exclusive. ours r very simple. wars important its secure n wud not make our home look like changi prison. (",)

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
except for the 3rd floor, we paid rm5500 for powder coated material which i find is secure enuf.

cud be the design dat they quoted u is very exclusive. ours r very simple. wars important its secure n wud not make our home look like changi prison. (",)

My quotation was for simple horizontal design. IMO so long as not using those fanciful wrought iron flowery design, those vertical or horizontal grilles will have some kind of a prison look. :(

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sounds reasonable I suppose? Doorguard and bluguard is same? Both have L900 series.

I understand Bluguard doesnt have an office in Johor. When my husband called they said they focus around KL area.Were you able to get themto do a site visit to give you a quotation? Do you have a local contact?Doorguard is located in kulai. I wonder is it important to get a company that is local, as in Johor for easier more reliable maintenance?

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I understand Bluguard doesnt have an office in Johor. When my husband called they said they focus around KL area.Were you able to get themto do a site visit to give you a quotation? Do you have a local contact?Doorguard is located in kulai. I wonder is it important to get a company that is local, as in Johor for easier more reliable maintenance?

Bluguard quote obtained from Suntec Alarm System, office in Taman Johor Jaya. They did not come to do site visit, I just emailed them for a quote and sent them a picture of the property.

Last edited:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal

So you did not install grilles for third floor? That's what we observed for some units too. Is it to save on cost or because there's really no need to? I will be more than happy to save on the unnecessary.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Went for the Home Fair at Persada last evening and within 3 hours "damage" incurred was RM6298 for 710 litres fridge, 56 litres built-in oven, and Gucca fabric sofa . If we had been there much earlier will have incurred greater damage to already battered wallet. Still got other things to "conquer". Very 夠力!!!

Last edited:

usopgrasio

Alfrescian
Loyal
So you did not install grilles for third floor? That's what we observed for some units too. Is it to save on cost or because there's really no need to? I will be more than happy to save on the unnecessary.

given a choice i wud not want to install any grill. juz like the unit in front of mine. we actually feels its not necessary to install any grilles at the 3rd floor. i think safe enuf lah. furthermore we install security alarm system. so quite protected.

my 18yr old son is staying in that room so im not worry abt him climbing the windows. (",)

btw im looking for a carpenter to qoute me the price for a small wooden fence. any good people here can recommend?

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
given a choice i wud not want to install any grill. juz like the unit in front of mine. we actually feels its not necessary to install any grilles at the 3rd floor. i think safe enuf lah. furthermore we install security alarm system. so quite protected.

my 18yr old son is staying in that room so im not worry abt him climbing the windows. (",)

btw im looking for a carpenter to qoute me the price for a small wooden fence. any good people here can recommend?

Thanks! I am thinking of those wrought iron grilles with design instead of those horizontal or vertical bars that give the prison feel (no offense to those who install such!). See how the costing go, maybe I will end up with the bars after all. Everything depend on $$$$$

usopgrasio

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks! I am thinking of those wrought iron grilles with design instead of those horizontal or vertical bars that give the prison feel (no offense to those who install such!). See how the costing go, maybe I will end up with the bars after all. Everything depend on $$$$$

actually mine is thise vertical & horizontal type. hahaha. no offence at all.

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any feedback on ADT alarm system and service? Its $75 monthly for maintenance and monitoring and abt 5K for semi-d, they dont do autogate though.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any feedback on ADT alarm system and service? Its $75 monthly for maintenance and monitoring and abt 5K for semi-d, they dont do autogate though.

Too costly lah .... not worth. Might as well spent 2K install a simple alarm and balance 3K buy insurance . As for monthly 75 per mth , monitor yourself lah . If your alarm ativated , call guard room to send someone to check can liao . ADT also do the same thing wat .

Last edited:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Too costly lah .... not worth. Might as well spent 2K install a simple alarm and balance 3K buy insurance . As for monthly 75 per mth , monitor yourself lah . If your alarm ativated , call guard room to send someone to check can liao . ADT also do the same thing wat .

Yah lor, i also feel Paradox or Bluguard is sufficient liao. At most, top it up with CCTV.....

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have alarm but I don't even bother arming it :eek:

G&G quite safe lah.

We are not in most of the time, just there 2 or 3 times a month .That's why we thought ADT may be good as they can help us monitor. But I agree it is kinda pricey.Btw, am also thinking of installing griils. I know Singaporeans tend to feel its optional but as a Malaysian, I feel safer. All Malaysians I ask also say it is not optional, it is a must. So perhaps with grills , a simple alarm system would do.No need to be like Fort Knox . Anywya, we dont have a lot of valuable stuff, just don't like teh idea of a break in, even when we arent there.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
We are not in most of the time, just there 2 or 3 times a month .That's why we thought ADT may be good as they can help us monitor. But I agree it is kinda pricey.Btw, am also thinking of installing griils. I know Singaporeans tend to feel its optional but as a Malaysian, I feel safer. All Malaysians I ask also say it is not optional, it is a must. So perhaps with grills , a simple alarm system would do.No need to be like Fort Knox . Anywya, we dont have a lot of valuable stuff, just don't like teh idea of a break in, even when we arent there.

Just grilles, Paradox/Bluguard alarm and CCTV should be more than sufficient. If kiasu, you can also install motion detector lights at front & back doors lor.... Nowadays, CCTV can be linked to your h/p. I think those are v sufficient measures for G&G areas.