• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Renovation to your homes

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
WHat's interesting is that with all the complimentary items given, additional works (including extension of balcony on Master bedroom and autogate and grilles to whole house) costs RM90000. No furniture or white goods yet. Head spin! Was hoping the complimentary items would save us a big chunk, but then it probably did, or else maybe I could be looking at RM150000 or more!

My wet works and carpentry already cost around RM 135K, and I dont think I did a lot. Actually a lot of the cost is in the carpentry works (master bedroom/bathroom cabinets & wardrobes; wet/dry kitchen cabinets, and living room TV console/feature wall).

I actually find Malaysia wet works (masonry, painting, false ceiling etc) to be quite reasonably priced, compared to carpentry works.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
My wet works and carpentry already cost around RM 135K, and I dont think I did a lot. Actually a lot of the cost is in the carpentry works (master bedroom/bathroom cabinets & wardrobes; wet/dry kitchen cabinets, and living room TV console/feature wall).

I actually find Malaysia wet works (masonry, painting, false ceiling etc) to be quite reasonably priced, compared to carpentry works.

I pay additional to extend complimentary cabinets and wardrobes to full height, and convert one wardrobe to a bookshelf. Items just adds up the cost, though individually they look OK in pricing. But then again, I also can't judge reasonable or not so need to ask others here and compare everywhere.

usopgrasio

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi frodo,

well at least calling ourselves binarian is better than being known as barbarian. lol

i used to make curtains in batam for my old hse in singapore. and in deed it was cheaper. its juz another option.

but i think if ah tang of homlux qouted u rm6800 for the curtains & railings, its a better offer coz the shop masai qouted us rm6500 juz for the curtains only.

the grass patch in our compound may be small but it will still be nice if can do some landscaping. my in-laws was suggesting dat we plant herbs.

btw... have u and family move in?

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi frodo

i have a unit at bina park too. still sourcing around for alarm system. frankly i know nuts about it. as for curtains we did ask a shop at masai (the same row with hong leong bank). was qouted rm6.5k for the whole house. find it expensive. may go to batam to make. coz certainly its cgeaper over there.

lol... i have the same thought abt the shower heads. such a waste to remove them when we install the water heater.

also looking for a landscaping company to qoute for the 2 grass areas and the air well.

any recommendation?

bina park units not bad actually, 3 levels n gd layout. super affordable back then.

Ya, Remembered the showhse 3rd floor rm got a round bed, like..haha. (keep notiboy away again..)

i got lobang, of an individual entity is doing the carpet grass..pls pm me if u needed.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi frodo,

well at least calling ourselves binarian is better than being known as barbarian. lol

i used to make curtains in batam for my old hse in singapore. and in deed it was cheaper. its juz another option.

but i think if ah tang of homlux qouted u rm6800 for the curtains & railings, its a better offer coz the shop masai qouted us rm6500 juz for the curtains only.

the grass patch in our compound may be small but it will still be nice if can do some landscaping. my in-laws was suggesting dat we plant herbs.

btw... have u and family move in?

Yah, would probably get the curtains done by Homlux. We used Homlux because it was the appointed ID and we thought using them might (hopefully) give it a more seamless look (same minds at work?) and maybe easier to get things done. We haven't move in yet. Would probably be in Nov. Want to rent out our HDB by Nov too. Cutting a little too thin on the ice in terms of timing, but will play by ear. BTW, did you do any balcony extension? We were quoted RM12500 for the master bedroom balcony extension. Reasonable or not I am not sure. Was thinking of delaying doing it to save money but then again thought getting it over and done with might be better option.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
bina park units not bad actually, 3 levels n gd layout. super affordable back then.

Ya, Remembered the showhse 3rd floor rm got a round bed, like..haha. (keep notiboy away again..)

i got lobang, of an individual entity is doing the carpet grass..pls pm me if u needed.

Round bed looks kind of too kinky for my taste but how to buy bed sheets??? Buy square and then manually cut corners?:biggrin:

Yah, we loved the 3 storeys (think not so common also, usually 2 storeys) and the big built up area. But I still think the bedrooms on the 2nd floor are small in area. My current HDB room feels bigger in terms of area, though not as high ceiling.

One of my ideas for that small grass patch is to fence it up to rear rabbits with a rabbit house, or maybe if we get a dog to buy a kennel and place over it, our own "Guard House" for the "Watch Dog". LOL!

usopgrasio

Alfrescian
Loyal
yup we did balcony extension. cost us rm9.5k. i think its good to do the extension rather than not utilizing the area.

rabbits? hahaha. i have 2! they simply love running around the big compound and eating the wild kangkong on the grass patch.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
yup we did balcony extension. cost us rm9.5k. i think its good to do the extension rather than not utilizing the area.

rabbits? hahaha. i have 2! they simply love running around the big compound and eating the wild kangkong on the grass patch.

RM9500? Which contractor did you use and what did you do, if you don't mind sharing? For me just extend, lay tiles, and put back the same kind of metal railing and glass. Damage RM12500 already. No fanciful shelters like what I see some neighbours have nicely done.

usopgrasio

Alfrescian
Loyal
RM9500? Which contractor did you use and what did you do, if you don't mind sharing? For me just extend, lay tiles, and put back the same kind of metal railing and glass. Damage RM12500 already. No fanciful shelters like what I see some neighbours have nicely done.

im a stingy person. lots of freelancer doing my job. hahaha.

for my balcony i used a designer from classic living. they hv a shop/showroom at Home Kipmart at masai.

hacking of existing tiles
waterproofing
tiles not more than rm10 per pce
installing a 12mm glass panel. i do away with the steel railing.

u think its a good bargain?

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
im a stingy person. lots of freelancer doing my job. hahaha.

for my balcony i used a designer from classic living. they hv a shop/showroom at Home Kipmart at masai.

hacking of existing tiles
waterproofing
tiles not more than rm10 per pce
installing a 12mm glass panel. i do away with the steel railing.

u think its a good bargain?

At least cheaper than what I am being quoted. Mine retain that glass roof some more, so hacking or wet works not as substantial. Was hoping to get it done for less than RM9000. Every dollar counts, I more stingy! LOL!

usopgrasio

Alfrescian
Loyal
At least cheaper than what I am being quoted. Mine retain that glass roof some more, so hacking or wet works not as substantial. Was hoping to get it done for less than RM9000. Every dollar counts, I more stingy! LOL!

lol. u can actually if retain the original tiles and choose the same tiles for the extended balcony. coz initially we were quoted rm8.1k

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
lol. u can actually if retain the original tiles and choose the same tiles for the extended balcony. coz initially we were quoted rm8.1k

Using same balcony tiles for extension looks a bit bland leh. Do you happen to have a breakdown of the RM9500 works? I am trying to get a breakdown for my quote to see where the money goes to. Lump sum charges hide everything.

usopgrasio

Alfrescian
Loyal
Using same balcony tiles for extension looks a bit bland leh. Do you happen to have a breakdown of the RM9500 works? I am trying to get a breakdown for my quote to see where the money goes to. Lump sum charges hide everything.

initially we still retain the original tiles on the original balcony and get a different tiles for the extended balcony. after the tiling work completed i found it not pleasing... so ask the contractor to hack off the original balcony and lay the new tiles.

hack, water proofing & tiling of extended balcony rm4500
install 12mm glass panel railing rm3500
additional job - hack, water proofing & tiling of original balcony rm1500

i thought the original glass & metal railing can be reused. dat wud reduce the cost. but unfortunately it cant. so hv to pay for a new glass panel.

my designer brought my wife to the tiles warehouse at bms mall to choose the tiles. he also rejected the 1st glass panel delivery due to impurities & bubble in the glass.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
initially we still retain the original tiles on the original balcony and get a different tiles for the extended balcony. after the tiling work completed i found it not pleasing... so ask the contractor to hack off the original balcony and lay the new tiles.

i thought the original glass & metal railing can be reused. dat wud reduce the cost. but unfortunately it cant. so hv to pay for a new glass panel.

my designer brought my wife to the tiles warehouse at bms mall to choose the tiles. he also rejected the 1st glass panel delivery due to impurities & bubble in the glass.

BMS mall is one place we will check out this weekend, besides the home fair at Persada. Hope to get some really good deals on sofa set, TV, fridge. I have decided to cut out the ID TV console to save cost. Being charged RM5000 for it, but thinking just buy a simple ready made console, put wall paper maybe cost less than half in total. Must try to save the wallet.

nitecrawllerr

Alfrescian
Loyal
uhhmm. based on what i see, you remove the original shower head, pipe the water from there to the inlet of the water heater, then mount the heater on the wall, that's it. you won't have two shower heads. any other way you'd have to hack off the tiles to work on the hidden piping. get a heater with a strong built in pump.
did you install the alarm already? a lot of hacking? how much the total cost.?

Greenie here too. How come we need to have a pump for a heater? Are u referring to centralise heater or just normal single heater for each bathroom?

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Got another quote for alarm system and autogate.

Alarm brand DOORGUARD L900v = RM2800

Autogate brand DOORGUARD model E1 = RM2200

Autogate like quite expensive, I got DC Moto quote for RM1700.

Damage from this quote = RM5000

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal

I was quoted RM10200 to grille the whole house. Is this a reasonable quote in your view?