• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Renovation to your homes

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
did you install the alarm already? a lot of hacking? how much the total cost.?

Received a quote for home alarm system

1 ) Spectra SP Series ( PARADOX ) = RM1250
- Expandable maximum up to 32 zones and 16 PGM
- Independent 2 partition to allow independent progamming and setting
- Built in dialer to support CMS reporting ( contact ID )
- Telephone linesupervision warn user if the line is disconnected
- False alarm prevention with intellizones,Auto zone shutdown and etc…
- Keypad activated panic alarm

2 ) Outdoor Siren With Strobelight 1 unit included

3 )Paradox K10H LED Keypad 2 units@RM250 = RM500

4 ) 12v DC 7 AH Back-up Battery 1 unit included

5 ) Magnetic Contact & Vibration Sensor 1 Lot Included

6 ) VDMP3 Audio Voice Caller 1 unit = RM200

7 ) Installation Work & Conceal Cabling Charge 1 LOT = RM850
- 4 Core Security Cable

8 ) Paradox DG75 PIR Motion Sensor(Pet Immunity) 2 units@RM180 = RM360

9 ) Testing , Commissioning included

After RM260 discount is RM2900. What do you think, reasonable?

BTW, is it overkill to install CCTV in the home when it is guarded and gated?

Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Received a quote for home alarm system

1 ) Spectra SP Series ( PARADOX ) = RM1250
- Expandable maximum up to 32 zones and 16 PGM
- Independent 2 partition to allow independent progamming and setting
- Built in dialer to support CMS reporting ( contact ID )
- Telephone linesupervision warn user if the line is disconnected
- False alarm prevention with intellizones,Auto zone shutdown and etc…
- Keypad activated panic alarm

2 ) Outdoor Siren With Strobelight 1 unit included

3 )Paradox K10H LED Keypad 2 units@RM250 = RM500

4 ) 12v DC 7 AH Back-up Battery 1 unit included

5 ) Magnetic Contact & Vibration Sensor 1 Lot Included

6 ) VDMP3 Audio Voice Caller 1 unit = RM200

7 ) Installation Work & Conceal Cabling Charge 1 LOT = RM850
- 4 Core Security Cable

8 ) Paradox DG75 PIR Motion Sensor(Pet Immunity) 2 units@RM180 = RM360

9 ) Testing , Commissioning included

After RM260 discount is RM2900. What do you think, reasonable?

BTW, is it overkill to install CCTV in the home when it is guarded and gated?
thanks for the info
the reason i ask you is to check on pricing since i haven't got my house yet.
as it is not exorbitant, it looks like the alarm is one of the first thing i do when i finally get my house keys..
overkill? you do what makes you sleep easy at night, there is no such thing as overkill. how about dogs though? better?

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
thanks for the info
the reason i ask you is to check on pricing since i haven't got my house yet.
as it is not exorbitant, it looks like the alarm is one of the first thing i do when i finally get my house keys..
overkill? you do what makes you sleep easy at night, there is no such thing as overkill. how about dogs though? better?

I like the idea of dogs, kids love it, but other half not so keen to keep another living thing at the moment.

What about ADT? Looks good... though I don't fancy the monthly payment.

Last edited:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Received another quote.

Burglar Alam system RM2200
a. FBI XL6600 Alarm Control Panel c/w 7A Backup Battery x 1 no
b. Digital keypad controller x 2 nos
c. Siren in steel box c/w strobe light indicator x 1 no
d. Backup Siren x 1 no
e. Window Sensor Point x 20 nos
f. Door Magnetic Sensor Point x 4 nos
g. Installation & commissioning Charges

So now got Paradox and FBI. Paradox more expensive more also seems to have more things. But anyone has installed any of these systems and can comment?

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
I like the idea of dogs, kids love it, but other half not so keen to keep another living thing at the moment.

What about ADT? Looks good... though I don't fancy the monthly payment.

yeah ADT looks good... i read that installation etc all free, then just sign 2 year contract.. may be worth a look??

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Received another quote.

Burglar Alam system RM2200
a. FBI XL6600 Alarm Control Panel c/w 7A Backup Battery x 1 no
b. Digital keypad controller x 2 nos
c. Siren in steel box c/w strobe light indicator x 1 no
d. Backup Siren x 1 no
e. Window Sensor Point x 20 nos
f. Door Magnetic Sensor Point x 4 nos
g. Installation & commissioning Charges

So now got Paradox and FBI. Paradox more expensive more also seems to have more things. But anyone has installed any of these systems and can comment?

Paradox is a Canadian system, and it's quite reliable but requires constant software upgrade (supposedly). Bluguard is MY local sys that is quite widely used in MY. For my double-storey intermediate terrace, I chose Bluguard at RM 1.5K. Seems ok so far but early days.......

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Paradox is a Canadian system, and it's quite reliable but requires constant software upgrade (supposedly). Bluguard is MY local sys that is quite widely used in MY. For my double-storey intermediate terrace, I chose Bluguard at RM 1.5K. Seems ok so far but early days.......

Wah, Bluguard installed at RM1500? Could I then be overcharged if I take the FBI one? Or does it cost more because mine is a 3 storeyed intermediate terrace?

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now I got another one. Looks like item list getting shorter!

Maxtrigger Model 808:

Selling Price = RM 1,600.00 / unit (Inclusive installation)
a) Main Unit = 1
b) Sensor & Magnet = 7
c) Remote = 2
d) External Siren Box = 1

I think 7 sensors not enuff for you bro, as it's 3 storey house. But sensors are not ex, I recalled. Your 3 storey house is in Sutera Utama or Mont Calista ah?

Anyway I find the Suntec pple quite ok (caveat: so far). You can ask them for quote lor.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think 7 sensors not enuff for you bro, as it's 3 storey house. But sensors are not ex, I recalled. Your 3 storey house is in Sutera Utama or Mont Calista ah?

Anyway I find the Suntec pple quite ok (caveat: so far). You can ask them for quote lor.

I have sent suntec request for quotation.

My unit is at Bandar Seri Alam, Bina Park.

Lptang24

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, I know what he meant, just felt wasted that this would mean not keeping the existing shower head given by the developer. Thought it looked really cool and nice. Haiz, how come they do it this way? As if they did not consider water heater installation? Lack of foresight? This one by Singaporean company some more leh....

Yes, I face the same issue too...

Lptang24

Alfrescian
Loyal

Suntech just quoted me rm2600 for my semi-d at Eco garden. Includes:- 2 keypad control, 1 siren box, 1 bkup int. siren, 1 strobe light, 8 door sensor, 17 vibration sensor, 2 motion dect.

usopgrasio

Alfrescian
Loyal

hi frodo

i have a unit at bina park too. still sourcing around for alarm system. frankly i know nuts about it. as for curtains we did ask a shop at masai (the same row with hong leong bank). was qouted rm6.5k for the whole house. find it expensive. may go to batam to make. coz certainly its cgeaper over there.

lol... i have the same thought abt the shower heads. such a waste to remove them when we install the water heater.

also looking for a landscaping company to qoute for the 2 grass areas and the air well.

any recommendation?

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi frodo

i have a unit at bina park too. still sourcing around for alarm system. frankly i know nuts about it. as for curtains we did ask a shop at masai (the same row with hong leong bank). was qouted rm6.5k for the whole house. find it expensive. may go to batam to make. coz certainly its cgeaper over there.

lol... i have the same thought abt the shower heads. such a waste to remove them when we install the water heater.

also looking for a landscaping company to qoute for the 2 grass areas and the air well.

any recommendation?

Hello to fellow "Binarian", sounds like durian though LOL!

I really wonder why the developer would do the shower head this way, surely someone must have thought of water heater issues??? Else it would just be taking cold shower.

I am getting Homlux (developer appointed ID) to do up pretty much the entire house, and they quoted RM6800 to supply and install Day/ Night Curtain and blinds c/w heavy duty track to all windows. How much cheaper would it be to do them in Batam? What about the curtain tracks if you get the curtains done in Batam?

For airwell/courtyard we are just putting some tiles there. Next time then think of how to spruce it up, or maybe just leave it bare. For me just intermediate terrace so only one small patch of grass so no landscaping needed since area is maybe just enough to grow a papaya tree. LOL!

WHat's interesting is that with all the complimentary items given, additional works (including extension of balcony on Master bedroom and autogate and grilles to whole house) costs RM90000. No furniture or white goods yet. Head spin! Was hoping the complimentary items would save us a big chunk, but then it probably did, or else maybe I could be looking at RM150000 or more!

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Havent visited the place but looks nice from the pic.... Congrats!

Thanks! The pics was what attracted us at first, and we were pleasantly surprised to learn later that the hospital is so close (one of two hospitals that can use Medisave and also read somewhere that the gynae quite good so can consider for future family additions), and so is Tesco and others like Mac and BK, MaryBrown. Sapphire8 almost next door also nice but they are only completed in Jan 2014 and also command higher price.