• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Renovation to your homes

etmusic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi guys,

Anyone have contacts for Architect and builders to share? We just received our title deed after 9months and planning to build a house in Ledang Heights. Thank you!

Cheers

Eddy

Metaphor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear bros n sis,

Any idea how much built in wardrobes in jb cost? Say a 5 feet width n 10 ft height. Wld appreciate ur help.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear bros n sis,

Any idea how much built in wardrobes in jb cost? Say a 5 feet width n 10 ft height. Wld appreciate ur help.

I was quoted by various contractors from 2,000 to 2,500 range . Very difficult to compare as we are not comparing apple to apple leh .

danteakc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

I am looking for someone to plant grass on my little garden at Horizon Hills. Can someone advise any reliable contact pls. Much appreciated.

Cheers
N

Proceed to sutera mall, along the road you will see on your right, a place where they sell durian. That is the place you could buy your grass, from low maintenance to import grass patch range from $9 - $20 RM.

Benefits of planting your own grass
- Savings of almost 90%.
- Slim down faster then 1 month jogging.
- Ego rubbing, priceless.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Proceed to sutera mall, along the road you will see on your right, a place where they sell durian. That is the place you could buy your grass, from low maintenance to import grass patch range from $9 - $20 RM.

Benefits of planting your own grass
- Savings of almost 90%.
- Slim down faster then 1 month jogging.
- Ego rubbing, priceless.

I've done this before on a 1000 sft patch. Believe me, you need fitness, and some luck with the weather.
1) First you need to clear the existing weeds, in fact you need to kill them.
2) Then you need soil preparation... you need some black soil above the usually red soil.
3) You need to flatten the ground, allow time to let it settle and harden. If your ground is uneven and rain water accumulates, you dont plant grass on it
4) Then only you plant your grass... after which you need to apply sand on the grass to achieve an even surface.
5) Finally carpet grass has different grades. Those supplied at retailed shops are normally low grade hence weeds grow on them easily

After all the effort, i looked at my neighbour who used a contractor... and i must say if i have to do it again... i will pay a contractor to do it.

Not worth the effort for the little bit of savings.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've done this before on a 1000 sft patch. Believe me, you need fitness, and some luck with the weather.
1) First you need to clear the existing weeds, in fact you need to kill them.
2) Then you need soil preparation... you need some black soil above the usually red soil.
3) You need to flatten the ground, allow time to let it settle and harden. If your ground is uneven and rain water accumulates, you dont plant grass on it
4) Then only you plant your grass... after which you need to apply sand on the grass to achieve an even surface.
5) Finally carpet grass has different grades. Those supplied at retailed shops are normally low grade hence weeds grow on them easily

After all the effort, i looked at my neighbour who used a contractor... and i must say if i have to do it again... i will pay a contractor to do it.

Not worth the effort for the little bit of savings.

U have just killed my enthusiasm for DIY.

Damsell

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've been looking high and low for the past 1 month for roller shutters(for resdential not those shop one).It seems those available in malaysia are not for resdential purpose,unlike in australia where I owned some properties there.I've seen one house with roller shutters at sutera,but not as good as those in australia.My present house comes with plenty of glass panels,any bros here can help.thks

Legolad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Home or Residential Lifts

Has any forummers installed a home or residential lift in their MY homes? Hope you can share your experience as to name of contractor, price, problems, approval issues, etc. Thanks in advance.

danteakc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Home or Residential Lifts

Help. Overdose acid on tiles. Now tiles not so shiny. Need solution to bring back the shine. Any buffing Co in Malaysia?

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
U have just killed my enthusiasm for DIY.

Hahaha i'm sure you can do better than me. What I learn from this episode is to have some respect for labourers... what appears simple actually does involve some knowledge and skills. With some background research via googling... you should achieve a reasonable results like what some bros in the forum experienced.

Bigfatfish

Alfrescian
Loyal
DIY is always fun, do it and u will always learn something new. 2nd time will always be easier n new methods will always come out of it.

Acid wash must always mix with water. Goggle first always when in doubt. Not every material can accept acid.

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, just want to share a word of caution when dealing with Sky Creation. I engaged them to do ID drawings for my corner double-storey house in NI. And I can safely say that I'm far from being satisfied with their service.

If anybody does decide to engage them, please ensure all the details are confirmed before paying. Details like exact number of drawings, number of amendments that can be made and the concept or theme of the house.

For my house concept, I asked for simple and modern. Instead, I got "hotel elegance" concept for my drawings. So, even in this aspect, my designer totally failed. For more details, please feel free to PM me.

SandySwee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've been looking high and low for the past 1 month for roller shutters(for resdential not those shop one).It seems those available in malaysia are not for resdential purpose,unlike in australia where I owned some properties there.I've seen one house with roller shutters at sutera,but not as good as those in australia.My present house comes with plenty of glass panels,any bros here can help.thks

Try mount Austin factories. There are 1 or 2 factories there

SandySwee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Jason, your cabinet sounds reasonable. I did mine ranging from RM420 to RM550 per ft run. Only problem, quality of workmanship differs with different contractors. Price also depends on fomica you choose.So I tend to check on the progress of my works once every week. Most carpenters allow you into their factory. Overall, I am pleased with most works so far.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
u can try ah choy @ 016 744 7932 , my neighbour just used him and finds he is gd , he is starting my house tomorrow.
whats yr size of the house ? location ?
we can compare prices.