• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Renovation to your homes

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
finally , FB is circulating this rat's pic from ERA company who cheated a lot of ppl on reno money ...
Heard that an old singaporean couple at 8A was cheated all the reno money as they pity him when this rat told them abt the sorry state he is in and needs the money. Ends up the reno didnt complete and was left abandon as the couple has no more money to continue the reno .... this had tarnished the old couple wish to retire comfortably in JB ...

era.jpg

大家注意了!如果见到以下这个人(黄福源,人称Ah Guan),请你们要小心一点,因为他是一个大骗子!而且是一个说谎眼睛也不会眨一下的天才大骗子(领教过了)。至今为止,已经有无数的人被他的花言巧语骗走了数百至数十千令吉的钱!他以“时代室内装修工程与设计(Era Renovation & Design)”这间公司 的名义骗走了无数位顾客的装修押抵钱,有许多人已经报警了,警察也曾找上他位于Bukit Indah的公司,但数次都让他从后门逃走了,至今人在哪里也不知道,但似乎偶尔还会回到新山继续骗人。

我弟弟就是在他的花言巧语及部分同情下答应出资20余千马币与他一起设立这间公司。后来,在家人的反对下,我弟弟才于农历新年前把公司割名给他,可是其他的如水电及店面的租约等还在我弟弟名下。现在,我弟弟还在为他所留下的烂摊子伤脑筋。好在我弟弟早已把公司割名给他,要不然那些被骗者肯定会要求我弟弟负责。

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, thanks for recommending. This Kelvin fella from which company?

SP Eng'r Entreprise. His own company. I used him again when I needed some more work to be done on my plaster ceiling recently.....

Last edited:

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
As a note to Crystal's post on the Con man. ALL please be careful when you engage your contractors either for Reno or other works. Don't be worried about asking what is going to be done and how they are going to do it. It's YOUR money and you are paying for the goods and services. Get an explanation that you are happy with.
Don't take a short reply or a "brush off - you won't understand even if I tell you....." Sure 'I' might not understand But YOU know that I am looking at your work or something along those lines..... so the contractor will be more diligent ..... Some may not agree on this approach .......

For landscaping I WOULD NOT recommend Soon Bros. Lanscape Sdn. Bhd. He's very good at Marketing BUT useless at doing a proper job. Note I said proper NOT "Good". He had the cheek to ask me to give back the "carpet grass" that I paid for.......
I had to get another Landscaper to CLEAN UP his mess. This new Lanscaper even had to completely redo my neighbours garden and water feature. This after my neighbour saw the rectification done and the end result...... So Beware All.....

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
No fixed rule one , we talk about trust and quality of work . Pay what you think their work is worth , give them a token sum to start work with.

True, pay a token sum for them to start work in case they run off. But mine collected 30% the day they started work, once they bring in the sand etc. I thought it is quite reasonable, oic so actually no need one!

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
agree. Sometimes, I paid 50 rm only.:biggrin: for project around 2 k rm
Some i paid 200 rm, for project abt 15 K rm

Those who asked for 70%, I asked them to 'fly kite'.

There is still one more contractor who has not touched up and rectified the defects, and I refused to pay him the last 10%.

Make sure you are in control , ur are the 'lao pan liang'... when interacting with these people, be firm ... never part with your money easily unless you are totally satisfied. :biggrin:

Just curious, your cabinet maker also no need to pay 30% upfront before they start making the cabinet?

Aiyoh sometimes very hard to be in control, after collecting money they just disappeared for days before resuming work, said they have no workers wor...

chongchinteck

Hi Wuqi,

Can't PM you as your message box was exceeded limit. Hope you could help me.

Do you has a reasonably priced painter, plasterer to recommend?

Besides, do you have contractor for cctv, auto gate and alarm to recommend?

GilaPH

Alfrescian
Loyal
SP Eng'r Entreprise. His own company. I used him again when I needed some more work to be done on my plaster ceiling recently.....

Thanks! Care to post pics on what you did to your ceiling and share with us wats the damage?

SNSD2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just curious, your cabinet maker also no need to pay 30% upfront before they start making the cabinet?

Aiyoh sometimes very hard to be in control, after collecting money they just disappeared for days before resuming work, said they have no workers wor...

The only cabinets I install are the kitchen cabinets and yes, I paid 30 % for this particular one as it is a reputable company with proper procedures which the staff need to follow. For those sub-contractors with no proper office or office staff, I would think twice before parting with my deposit.

The one company who did the all my grilles only collected 300 RM as deposit. But I am not recommending him as the service is below expectations.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
The only cabinets I install are the kitchen cabinets and yes, I paid 30 % for this particular one as it is a reputable company with proper procedures which the staff need to follow. For those sub-contractors with no proper office or office staff, I would think twice before parting with my deposit.

The one company who did the all my grilles only collected 300 RM as deposit. But I am not recommending him as the service is below expectations.

I think we engaged the same grill contractor. I warned him about blacklisting him if his service is unsatisfactory. He has called me and promised to install mine next week. I hope yours will turn out fine also. Price-wise we compared last time and it is about the range. The issue could be the demand caught him by surprise since there are a few hundred landed recieved VP/TOP these few months e.g. Bestari Heights, Nusa Duta, Nusa Idaman, Bukit Indah, East Ledang etc.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
anyone has gd recommendation for grilles ? i checked out a few , they cant do sliding grilles inside the house even though have space for that , y is it put outside and let burglar have chance to cut out grilles if we are using powder coated materials ? even for the windows grilles too , i saw some house they cant open the window grilles at all....doesnt put life in danger if there is a fire and exit ways are blocked ?

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
anyone has gd recommendation for grilles ? i checked out a few , they cant do sliding grilles inside the house even though have space for that , y is it put outside and let burglar have chance to cut out grilles if we are using powder coated materials ? even for the windows grilles too , i saw some house they cant open the window grilles at all....doesnt put life in danger if there is a fire and exit ways are blocked ?

I believe most grills can be overcome within 30 min if the burglar is really determined. It is a trip hazard to do the sliding grill inside the house due to the rail for the grills to glide (my grill contractor can do it but advised against it). Powder coating only makes the surface look better and reduces corrosion slightly i.e. it has nothing to do with improving mechanical strength. The window grills can also be made such that they allow opening i.e. a matter of customising with the contractor.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe most grills can be overcome within 30 min if the burglar is really determined. It is a trip hazard to do the sliding grill inside the house due to the rail for the grills to glide (my grill contractor can do it but advised against it). Powder coating only makes the surface look better and reduces corrosion slightly i.e. it has nothing to do with improving mechanical strength. The window grills can also be made such that they allow opening i.e. a matter of customising with the contractor.

thanks , i wanted to do inside also due to my alarm system which sensor will be on the grilles , if grilles outisde , it will triggers very often , i dun wan to cause false alram too many times to my neighbourhood....

SNSD2

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think we engaged the same grill contractor. I warned him about blacklisting him if his service is unsatisfactory. He has called me and promised to install mine next week. I hope yours will turn out fine also. Price-wise we compared last time and it is about the range. The issue could be the demand caught him by surprise since there are a few hundred landed recieved VP/TOP these few months e.g. Bestari Heights, Nusa Duta, Nusa Idaman, Bukit Indah, East Ledang etc.

Er..I don't think it is the same one . I engaged them at a fair. What you said is true, they have too many orders to fill and thus the work delay and poor workmanship. They also have problem with their own workers as well.

Mine is done already .

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Er..I don't think it is the same one . I engaged them at a fair. What you said is true, they have too many orders to fill and thus the work delay and poor workmanship. They also have problem with their own workers as well.

Mine is done already .

Good. The JB developers, agents, lawyers and contractors are all laughing their way to the bank. Cheers.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
thanks , i wanted to do inside also due to my alarm system which sensor will be on the grilles , if grilles outisde , it will triggers very often , i dun wan to cause false alram too many times to my neighbourhood....

You got a point but I think the trip hazard is very real and it affects you almost everyday, not to mention the aesthetic aspect. I will simply put the shock and contact sensor at the sliding doors.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
You got a point but I think the trip hazard is very real and it affects you almost everyday, not to mention the aesthetic aspect. I will simply put the shock and contact sensor at the sliding doors.

sorry , i dun understand why is there a trip hazard ? the grilles are fix there , u only open the sliding doors for fresh air . And if any enter or exit , u use the main door to do so.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Wuqi,

Can't PM you as your message box was exceeded limit. Hope you could help me.

Do you has a reasonably priced painter, plasterer to recommend?

Besides, do you have contractor for cctv, auto gate and alarm to recommend?

hey , u can refer back the few pages for the contacts , no need to bother wuqi with all this . afterall he has repeated a lot of times ....

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
sorry , i dun understand why is there a trip hazard ? the grilles are fix there , u only open the sliding doors for fresh air . And if any enter or exit , u use the main door to do so.

If you need to open the sliding doors to go to your gardens, then the grills have to slide one side also. At the bottom they need rails to support.