• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Renovation to your homes

thmejlfm

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Need some design advice on grills.

Hi! Bro

Have you asked for the quote of this invisible grilles? Very interesting. I think must be quite X.

captainjones

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi! Bro

Have you asked for the quote of this invisible grilles? Very interesting. I think must be quite X.

No. A friend highlighted to me invisible grilles are not recommended in Johor. The grilles should make visible to deter theft. Quite true....

captainjones

Alfrescian
Loyal

The new kitchen set from Ikea looks quite good in terms of design. As for the quality, I have been using kitchen from Ikea since 2004. It also coming to 8 years now and overall still looking good, although the underneath of the top is coming off slightly. The new ikea kitchen set display 25 years guarantee. So my guess is the quality is better than the one I bought in 2004. The problem with buying from Ikea Sg is transportation. They don't deliver to Johor, so I will have to sort that out myself. Also, can't find any contractor who can assembly the Ikea kitchen. I may have to DIY....

Ikea Sg just responded to my query on any Ikea contractor can do homes in jb. They said there is none. Only do for homes in Sg. Confirm DIY....

Bigfatfish

Alfrescian
Loyal

If alarm breaks down. Can just use cutter n cut through the grilles.

Ikea stuff doesnt last, however their kitcheb stuff i use for 4 over years still good.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal

Posted this on LiJB-2 on 19 Jul. I do not benefit from this other than helping them, because they are doing a good job on my House, and fellow forummers here. Have a couple of other contractors doing other Reno work on my place and will recommend them when as they progress with the work ......

"The Electrical contractor is currently working on my place and is doing a very good job. His name is Chong and his ctc is 0197640071. The plasterer or false ceiling contractor is Kelvin, ctc. 010 7609790. I am very happy with their work and they are very professional. Hope it works for you."

thmejlfm

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Advice on Security issues (eg Security Alarm, CCTV, steel gate, auto gate)

Hi! Bros/Sis

I am now looking for contractor to renovate my new house. Waiting for their quotation, can wait till neck long long. Three weeks still no news from them.

May I know regarding the flooring, Parquet and Laminated flooring, which one is more expensive in Malaysia. As for the roof, using iron I beam or Wooden timber, which one is cheaper? Anybody tried before?

Please advise. Thank you

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal

wondering i can get this done in jb ?

shoe racks.jpg

Movingaway

Alfrescian
Loyal

Any brothers and sisters can recommend contractors for built-in tv console and study table? and also if anyone using solar panels?
Please kindly pm me.
Thank you so much!

Last edited:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Any brothers and sisters can recommend contractors for built-in tv console and study table? and also if anyone using solar panels?
Please kindly pm me.
Thank you so much!

For solar panels , u cna look at post #6597 by bro Grago , mentioned in living in Jb 2 thread.

Kristine

Do u all actually engage a single ID or different contractors? I am doing basic reno like air con / lightings / built in cabinets for kitchen and wardrobe for master. I do have intention to lay artificial grass but not sure if should do it one shot or to another time.

Any of u have any reliable contractors / IDs to recommend?

Think you can try aircon, kitchen cabinet etc from:
http://www.ehomeservices.com.sg/services.html

Electrician i am using:
http://www.lighting-singapore.com/articles/electrical-services-singapore.html

currahee

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi, appreciate those who has a good experience from their Reno share their quotation and contacts thru PM. Thx

Taryn

Alfrescian
Loyal

Don't you wish we have Home Depot in Nusajaya or Singapore for all our DIY projects. I can't seem to find a good enough DIY store in our region that has plywood, trims, lumber and just general DIY construction items. There are so many lovely projects that can be done under $100 with a good DIY store that here we have to look to contractors.

I think a good DIY store will also raise the standard of the contractors here in general. Cos when most of the basic things they can do be done with a nail gun at home, they will up their game for a higher standard finish.

Anyone knows any secret great DIY store?

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal

Don't you wish we have Home Depot in Nusajaya or Singapore for all our DIY projects. I can't seem to find a good enough DIY store in our region that has plywood, trims, lumber and just general DIY construction items. There are so many lovely projects that can be done under $100 with a good DIY store that here we have to look to contractors.

I think a good DIY store will also raise the standard of the contractors here in general. Cos when most of the basic things they can do be done with a nail gun at home, they will up their game for a higher standard finish.

Anyone knows any secret great DIY store?

Wuqi talked about this kulai centre point. Check out the post below. Maybe meets your needs.
http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?124792-Living-in-JB-3-(Johore)&p=1198034#post1198034

Lyc396

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thanks Grago for recommending Chong for electrical work. I have used his service recently and find him very detailed & knowledgable. Price is reasonable too. Thumbs up!

Posted this on LiJB-2 on 19 Jul. I do not benefit from this other than helping them, because they are doing a good job on my House, and fellow forummers here. Have a couple of other contractors doing other Reno work on my place and will recommend them when as they progress with the work ......

"The Electrical contractor is currently working on my place and is doing a very good job. His name is Chong and his ctc is 0197640071. The plasterer or false ceiling contractor is Kelvin, ctc. 010 7609790. I am very happy with their work and they are very professional. Hope it works for you."

Lyc396

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi currahee and mingchye

Chong quoted:
Installation 1x13A s/o wiring point in concealed at rm120
" " water heater wiring point in concealed at rm180
" " A/C wiring point in concealed at rm180
" " ceiling lighting at rm12
" " ceiling fan at rm40
" " door bell at rm30