• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Religion] - MegaChurch Pastor commits suicide

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Note : to find out what happens to someone in the afterlife after he commits suicide, see :
https://files.fm/u/6y4e8prv

Pastor and Mental Health Advocate Jarrid Wilson Dies by Suicide

a5a322f3b247b0d374fec90a01d589e7

California megachurch pastor and mental health advocate Jarrid Wilson died by suicide on Monday night, according to a statement released by Harvest Christian Fellowship Church. He was 30 years old.

“It is with the deepest sadness and shock that I have to report that Jarrid Wilson went to be with the Lord last night,” senior pastor Greg Laurie wrote. “At a time like this, there are just no words. The Bible says, ‘There is a time to mourn.’ This is certainly that time.”

Laurie went on to share how important Wilson was to the congregation:

Jarrid loved the Lord and had a servant’s heart. He was vibrant, positive, and was always serving and helping others. Jarrid also repeatedly dealt with depression and was very open about his ongoing struggles. He wanted to especially help those who were dealing with suicidal thoughts.​
Wilson cofounded the Christian mental health nonprofit called Anthem of Hope, an organization dedicated to supporting those facing depression, anxiety, self-harm, addiction and suicide.

Wilson is not the only pastor to have struggled with suicidal thoughts. In January, another megachurch pastor Jim Howard ended his life.

https://sg.yahoo.com/news/california-pastor-mental-health-advocate-234916059.html

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Everyday all you hear about is the suffering of christ, cannot bonk members of congregation, maybe sexually abused when young, hear confessions,...........

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
He did not go to be with the Lord. He is now with the Devil.

Suicide is a sin and an unforgivable one at that.

+++++++++++

http://www.behindthebadge.net/suicide/s92.html

Where does the Bible say suicide is a sin?
I wanted to end it before I learned to read. Always told myself I would hold on until i was 45. Things would either have improved by that time and I'd be happy i waited or things would just get even worse after. Well, I'm almost 37, nothing's changed. I'm not going to make it.

Where exactly in the bible does it say that killing yourself is a sin? I know killing others is a sin, but I can't find where it says killing yourself is. Killing someone else against their will is not the same as willingly giving up your own.

I accepted Jesus (again) in my heart wed night, had a little peace until I read in the bible that God doesn't take away problems, just gives hope and strength. Well, I am one giant problem and a thousand little ones. Hope and comfort just won't cut it. Always had this fantasy of meeting God at the gate and convincing Him to just make me cease to exist, no heaven, no hell, just nothing.

I found your website not too long ago, I was surfing the net for humor sites, wasting time until things were set to go. Then I found yours. Made me stop what I was doing. Isn't that a riot? Bet you have helped a lot of people. Been reading the bible, but it just occurred to me that only murder of another person is a sin. I can't find anywhere in the bible where is specifically says suicide is a sin, can you? Will wait for your answer.

My response is in Green:

I think I can show you verses which say that it is a sin to kill yourself. None say it in those words, however. First God tells us not to murder. Period. He does not say don't murder anyone who doesn't want to die, He says don't murder. Here is my point. Is it okay to kill someone if during the fight with them, they come out and tell you to kill them their life sucks anyway? Of course not, it is still murder in God's eyes. So does it make any difference just because you want to die? I don't think so. Now let me give you a few of those verses:

(1 Corinthians 6:19-20 NIV) [19] Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; [20] you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.

(1 Corinthians 3:16-17 NIV) [16] Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you? [17] If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him; for God&'s temple is sacred, and you are that temple.

I think those are pretty clear. If you are a Christian your life and for that matter your body are no longer your own, they were bought with the blood of Christ. Here are two more passages:

(Psalm 39:4 NIV) Show me, O LORD, my life's end and the number of my days; let me know how fleeting is my life.

(Psalm 139:15-16 NIV) [15] My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, [16] your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

You might be asking what those two have to do with suicide, they don't even talk about death. Yes they do. Both of them talk about God knowing how long your life will be. How does God know? He knows because it is up to Him to decide. When a person kills them self, they are playing god in their own life. They are taking the decision away from God. Now I ask you; is that a sin?

You said you accepted Christ again wed. evening. That is great, but what did you accept? Did you accept Him as Lord and Savior of your life? Or did you accept Him as genie in the sky who will take care of all your problems? You are right, God will not instantly do away with all your problems. Some He might do that with, but that is not what He offers us. He does offer hope and comfort, but much more than that.

Part of your problem seems to be that you have no idea what life is suppose to be about. It is not about having fun and being comfortable, it is about having a relationship with God. Until you have that close relationship you will not be able to know what God's purpose for your life is. I can't tell you what it is, because I don't know, but I do know that He has a purpose for you. Maybe that purpose is to clean toilets in the subway and witness to the homeless people there. Or maybe it is a much "nicer" purpose. I don't know, but I know that if God did not have a purpose for your life, you would not take in another breath. See God is not powerless to kill you. He can take you life any time He wants to, so if you live another day, it is because God has ordained it. It is time you got your eyes off of yourself and onto Christ and see why He wants you on this earth.

But make no mistake, you can claim the passages I quoted don't mean anything, you can claim that God will welcome you into heaven even if you kill yourself, but you would only be fooling yourself. You cannot play God for a fool. He gave you life and it is up to Him when you die. If you make the decision with a clear mind to kill yourself, you have rejected Christ.

I am sorry that I am so blunt, but I only know one way to tell the truth. You are not the first person whose life is nothing but problems. God can deal with that, but you have to be willing to allow Him to deal with it as He sees fit not how you do. Jesus said to follow Him we had to pick up our cross and deny ourselves daily. It is time you started doing just that.

Ralph