• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Released men caught again while trying to break into politician's home

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Monday, Oct 29, 2012
KUALA LUMPUR - Four men who were out on bail on house break-in and car theft charges were arrested while trying to break into Malaysian Crime Prevention Foundation chairman Tan Sri Lee Lam Thye's house.

The four, who were charged and released on bail in June this year, were spotted by four policemen out on patrol at Taman Maluri, Cheras, around 5am yesterday.

Cheras OCPD Asst Comm Mohan Singh said the policemen saw two of the men attempting to climb a wall into Lee's house while the other two waited in a nearby Mercedes-Benz.

"When my men approached, the two quickly got into the car and all four drove off at high speed," he said at a press conference at Cheras police headquarters yesterday.

The chase ended less than a kilometre away at a condominium.

"In their desperation, they crashed through the boom gate at the condo's security guard house.

"They then tried to escape by trying to ram into the police car chasing them," he said.

ACP Mohan said the policemen fired seven shots at the speeding car.

He said the car driven by the men had been stolen a day earlier in Taman Bukit Maluri, Kepong.

"In the car we found various tools like electric drills, crowbars and screwdrivers which we believe were used to steal cars and to break into houses," he said.

All four have been remanded until Oct 31.

When contacted by Bernama, Lee said he was grateful to police for their quick action in apprehending the suspects.

"I understand from the patrol unit that there were criminals trying to break into my house.

"At that time I was at home with my wife and domestic helper," he said.