• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Reform Party - Looking for Suitable People

Royston46

Alfrescian
Loyal
I m not too sure whether this "coming forward" would actually benefit the opposotion in terms of numbers or actually harm the opposotion in terms of quality as well as reputation. Quantity does not make up quality.

Ejay can play his part, that i m sure, but his past repute of his exploits in geylang and the sammyboy sex forum could make him a worse scandal attracxtion than the bloppers created by James Gomez.

The most PAP does is to paint James Gomez as a careless bafoon, what sort of picture would they paint of Ejay, you go and think about it.

Lee Kwan Yew and Nathan's past deeds during the Japanese Occupation period did not come out to haunt them now, the mentioned exploits in Geylang and this forum by comparison are nothing...

:cool:

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lee Kwan Yew and Nathan's past deeds during the Japanese Occupation period did not come out to haunt them now, the mentioned exploits in Geylang and this forum by comparison are nothing...

:cool:

LKY and his PAP goons can go on public rally and have all the info put up across the entire mass media of what Ejay had done, and heck they even know who was the OKT Ejay use to go to.

But when you try to turn the table around, what LKY and nathan did during the jap time was something where they could cover up or made milder by smart "marketing" on the mass media.

do remember, who control the mass media and who are the audiance.

You can put up all sort of truth on the internet but if there is no reader, there is no reader.

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahahahahhahahahah obviously i've hit a very sore point. we won't forget, i'll be here to constantly remind pple that one can breach the Official Secrets Act and still be a minister

you are too overassuring of yourself to claim that yopu had hit any point.

I m stating on the rules of the political jungle and rules dont changed just based on the will of a few.

TheBonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
LKY and his PAP goons can go on public rally and have all the info put up across the entire mass media of what Ejay had done, and heck they even know who was the OKT Ejay use to go to.

But when you try to turn the table around, what LKY and nathan did during the jap time was something where they could cover up or made milder by smart "marketing" on the mass media.

You can put up all sort of truth on the internet but if there is no reader, there is no reader.

Can't argue with the logic. The same goes with the A star streaker! Is there really true shock being expressed by the general public? Hell no! I believe it's more of amusement. Such are the morale values of the World today.

miosux

Alfrescian
Loyal
you are too overassuring of yourself to claim that yopu had hit any point.

I m stating on the rules of the political jungle and rules dont changed just based on the will of a few.

why suddenly tone it down??? bring it on! can't stand the heat? get out.
:oIo::oIo::oIo:

KKC007

Alfrescian
Loyal

So, E-Jay's exploits are not mere allegations?

bellepepper02

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Scroobal

My dearest hope is that for all Singaporeans of all stripes and political persuasions, he does not make the fight "personal " between him and LKY and that unlike his father he is deadly serious in creating a real sustained decade long challenge to PAP dominance.

Locke

JBJ was deadly serious about challenging PAP control of the people. Nobody was more serious, and nobody sacrificed more. If he didn't succeed, a lot had to do with voter wimpiness and greed.

Don't discredit JBJ's motives as "personal"--he was deeply ideological. You only had to talk to him to realise that. But of course if you are basing your impressions on the local media representations of him, then yes, they made it always seem like a petty "personal" thing. That was the ruling party's strategy, and it won with Singaporeans because they are wimps who suspect passion of any sort.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
JBJ was deadly serious about challenging PAP control of the people. Nobody was more serious, and nobody sacrificed more. If he didn't succeed, a lot had to do with voter wimpiness and greed.

Don't discredit JBJ's motives as "personal"--he was deeply ideological. You only had to talk to him to realise that. But of course if you are basing your impressions on the local media representations of him, then yes, they made it always seem like a petty "personal" thing. That was the ruling party's strategy, and it won with Singaporeans because they are wimps who suspect passion of any sort.

If its you, welcome back. Bound to raise the braincells here.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
So the next question would naturally be, are Singaporeans who in your opinion are wimps and greedy people, worth all the fight and sacrifices?

Goh Meng Seng

Conan the Barbarian

Alfrescian
Loyal
So the next question would naturally be, are Singaporeans who in your opinion are wimps and greedy people, worth all the fight and sacrifices?

Goh Meng Seng

Speaking for myself, such greedy wimps do not deserve any sacrifice..
They will vote PAP anyway, cause they want it. But for the rest of the 33.3 %
they welcome it. Its a fight for the 33.3% who have been waiting for this
for a long time.

Unfortunately, elections merely raise our hopes and cruelly dashing it in the
end.

bellepepper02

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, everyone is worth the sacrifice and the fight. But it is a matter of giving due attention to transforming national culture and character. That's why party politics is only a small part of the struggle. The sacrifice and the struggle has to take place on many fronts.

bellepepper02

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heheh, yes it's me. Good to be back, and to see you still here! I guess I've missed many an instalment of Tales from the Istana!

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
why suddenly tone it down??? bring it on! can't stand the heat? get out.
:oIo::oIo::oIo:

There is no need to "bring it on" and "tone it up" to the likes of you who "claim victory" when its all about your pathetic deflated ego and busted self-esteen.

I wont be dragged into a fight meant for spineless teenagers.

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can't argue with the logic. The same goes with the A star streaker! Is there really true shock being expressed by the general public? Hell no! I believe it's more of amusement. Such are the morale values of the World today.

Its unfortunate but its the truth as well.

The coming GE could indeed be a snap one. Are all the oppsotion parties ready/ I m aware that PAP is more than ready since they hold the cards for the time.

if its possible, I would like to see the opposition challenge around 60 seats and stretched PAP all out during the 9 days.

it will be interesting what sort of bloppers will they commit this time.

jw5

Loyal

JBJ was also a gentleman. I had the pleasure of talking to him for only 5 minutes, and that was the impression he gave me.
Voter whimpiness and greed? Couldn't be a more apt description of the typical Singkie voter. I am frequently wondering whether they are worth it.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Hmm.... Does that mean I should reconsider my present position and involvement in politics altogether?

Goh Meng Seng

Speaking for myself, such greedy wimps do not deserve any sacrifice..
They will vote PAP anyway, cause they want it. But for the rest of the 33.3 %
they welcome it. Its a fight for the 33.3% who have been waiting for this
for a long time.

Unfortunately, elections merely raise our hopes and cruelly dashing it in the
end.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am sure many opposition politicians in other countries encountered such doubts in their 'darkest hours' throughout history...nothing new...one that springs to mind is the late Ninoy Aquino (Cory's martyred hubby) when he was rotting in prison put there by Marcos in the 1970s and just before he took the ill fated flight back to Manila in the early 80s on his return from exile in the States...the quick simple answer is that the nation and country as a whole is always worth the sacrifice, so long as one is fighting the 'good fight'...history shall invariably be kind to such patriots even if they are not recognised in their own lifetime...I believe Ben J shall be one of them:wink:

Goh Meng Seng