• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Reebonz - This kind of business can owe people $65million?

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LUXURY marketplace Reebonz, which recently made headlines for owing sellers payment, has appointed a provisional liquidator to wind up the company as it buckled under liabilities estimated to be about S$65 million.

Its director Samuel Lim Kok Eng took out notices in The Business Times (BT) on Sept 10 to inform creditors that Reebonz is in creditors' voluntary liquidation, as it "cannot by reason of its liabilities continue its business".

Reebonz was reported to have owed more than S$30,000 to 11 sellers on its platform as at Aug 26, according to complaints lodged with the Consumers Association of Singapore. Sellers complained they had not received payments for a few months, although the agreed payout period is 20 business days.

Under this service, Reebonz picks up an item from the seller for free and makes an offer after an inspection. It then takes a cut of up to 40 per cent if the item is sold. Sellers are notified after the item has been sold and is past the return period, reported The Straits Times two weeks ago. They will then be paid via bank transfer or through Reebonz store credits within 20 business days.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Reebonz_Founders_Group-Shot_HR.jpg

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
40% cut and still lose money?
Must b3 a Chinese owned company.

owned by temasek. Temasek also told mediacorp to take up a stake but the vested sum had to channel back to mediacorp for tv ads. hahaha LPPL

It's ok for the business to fail, founders paid themselves a million a year.
Burn finish the cash and call it a day.

Stupid Temasek went to call DBS to tell DBS keep on borrowing to them. DBS might be biggest creditor, but sup sup water for DBS's margins. hahaa

Last edited:

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
LUXURY marketplace Reebonz, which recently made headlines for owing sellers payment, has appointed a provisional liquidator to wind up the company as it buckled under liabilities estimated to be about S$65 million.

Just nice, $65m is about equivalent to the salaries and director fees drawn by management since Day 1.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
They have this cool looking black building. I always salivate when I drive past, because my ambition is to one day own such a building for my cardboard collecting business.

ZPPHO.107677774.R800X800.jpg

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Under this service, Reebonz picks up an item from the seller for free and makes an offer after an inspection. It then takes a cut of up to 40 per cent if the item is sold. Sellers are notified after the item has been sold and is past the return period,
Cheeby... This kind of business model means there don't even have inventory or storage costs... How the fuck did they owe $65M????

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
they’ll make more money if they just pimp wuhan whores at $69 per pump when pumped with $69m in funding. and call themselves (f)reebonk. almost freebonk.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Major shareholders of Reebonz, a once rising luxury ecommerce marketplace that has struggled in recent years, have been looking to sell most or all of their shareholdings to the public market, the company’s public filings show.

Shareholders that are offloading their shares include co-founder and CEO Samuel Lim, Vertex Ventures, GGV Capital, Mediacorp, Matrix Partners, Intel Capital, and OCBC Bank.

- Nov 2019 report

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The age old wisdom never fails. Women money easiest to earn. Handbags and cosmetics. How many of the creditors are also pussy owners ?

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Sigh.

Actually I would love to partner with some of these expert businessmen and cash out.

It is all legal. Willing buyers.

I regret not studying business and finance and working in those networks and circles.

Medicine not for me. Regret.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
What an ugly bunch.
They are rich.

I envy them. It is not like I am handsome either. I am also ugly. At least they are rich.

Dont fall for all the rubbish about how one must be good and all that crap.

Just try to follow the law. Get good lawyers. Stay out of jail. And be rich!

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They are rich.

I envy them. It is not like I am handsome either. I am also ugly. At least they are rich.

Dont fall for all the rubbish about how one must be good and all that crap.

Just try to follow the law. Get good lawyers. Stay out of jail. And be rich!

You will like this. :biggrin: