• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Red Devils 2018-19

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Three legends of the club, Eric Cantona, Sir Alex Ferguson and Solskjaer, celebrated victory together

_105922183_3legends.jpg

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A dig at Ole's tactics (before penalty?). With 10 blokes out, and even young ones on the bench

6330193f-6bad-4eba-ad1e-93a0d9c50e18.jpg

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
The debate about whether it's a penalty or deliberate handball is a farce. I can't believe some of the commentaries made by pundits. It's stupidity at it's best. If it is ruled not intentional, every single would do likewise and where do you draw the line?!!!! Michael Owen, Hargreaves and Ferdinand-Stuff IT!!!!:mad:

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
PSG lost because Tuchel made a serious tactical error. They got the best possible outcome away from home (2-0) up, and he chose an attacking formation? He should have opted for a straight back 4, with 5 in the middle and crowd the midfield-cut off the passing options and leave Mbappe as the lone striker.

Perhaps knowing how arrogant the Parisians are, OGS and the team played cleverly to soak the pressure and hit them on the counter. Thiago is the weakest link in the back 3.

My guess is Tuchel will be shown the door and the proverbial opportunist Mourinho will offer his services. No one at Madrid likes him and his credential as a team builder is non existent. Madrid will be better of with Pochettino at the helm. Leave the scum for the Parisians.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Man Utd fan (almost exactly) predicted PSG victory
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47504327
_105953852_gettyimages-1134260155.jpg

Marcus Rashford slots home the penalty to give Manchester United the win over PSG on away goals

No-one could have predicted Manchester United's sensational comeback against Paris St-Germain in the Champions League on Wednesday night...
... or could they?

Step forward United fan Timmy Chin, who lives in Malaysia and decided to offer a pre-match prediction on Twitter.
"Honestly got a good feeling about this," he wrote at precisely 7.54pm. "Probably either we get totally hammered or we really put on a show. Lukaku with 2. PSG comes back with 1 and Rashford fires home 92 mins into injury time!"
1552094207347.gif

Trailing 2-0 from the first leg at Old Trafford, United took the lead through Romelu Lukaku after two minutes.
PSG equalised before Lukaku added a second to leave Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side within a goal of the quarter-finals on the away goals rule.
In the 94th minute (Timmy was two minutes out), Marcus Rashford thrashed home a penalty awarded following a VAR review and everyone was left wondering whether Timmy had magical powers.
"I usually put out predictions but I never go in so specifically, but this time I don't know why," Chin told BBC Radio Manchester.
The original tweet has gone viral and also attracted the attention of United's players - including Diogo Dalot.
1552094207380.gif

"It's just crazy for the players to recognise my tweet. It's a dream come true - I'm so happy," he added.
Ashley Young went one step further, offering the fan a shirt for his efforts and promised one signed by the whole squad
if he correctly predicts the outcome of this weekend's league encounter with Arsenal.
1552094207411.gif

Chin's feeling confident again. His prediction? Arsenal 2 Manchester United 4 - Lukaku with two goals.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Preview of tomorrow's clash

_105927513_gettyimages-1128957867.jpg

Paul Pogba (right) will return for Manchester United after sitting out the win against Paris St-Germain because of a ban

TEAM NEWS
Arsenal's Lucas Torreira begins a three-game ban after losing an appeal against his dismissal versus Tottenham.
Striker Alexandre Lacazette returns after missing Thursday's Europa League defeat in Rennes through suspension.
Anthony Martial is available after a groin injury for Manchester United, who were without 10 players against Paris St-Germain in midweek.
Eric Bailly has recovered from a heavy challenge in that game, while Nemanja Matic and Ander Herrera could be fit.
Paul Pogba is available after serving a European suspension.

MOTD COMMENTATOR'S NOTES
Jonathan Pearce: Manchester United look to end this historic week with a 15th win in 18 remarkable games under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
The Peter Pan of football has taken the club from looking like lost boys to a magical land of endless possibility. To be in the last eight of the Champions League is a terrific achievement. Now they need to make sure they're in the competition again next season.
There is a joy and togetherness in their football. I didn't see that from Arsenal when commentating on their defeat in Rennes.
Individual lack of discipline is costing them - three red cards in five games, players giving away daft free-kicks or not tracking runners, sulks after being substituted. It's worrying.

VIEW FROM THE DUGOUT
Manchester United caretaker manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer on his future: "I love managing these boys, I love working here. As I said so many times, I am just doing the best I can every single day, and if and when... if it comes to a decision to be made, we've got to think about that.
"I am not here to get excited, I am here to do my job. I am contracted to Man United until the end of June."

LAWRO'S PREDICTION
United's run under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer means it is now becoming ridiculous that they have not given him the job permanently. What are they waiting for?
Prediction: 1-1
Lawro's full predictions v chef Tom Kerridge and 'The Beast', aka Wycombe striker Adebayo Akinfenwa

MATCH FACTS
Head-to-head

• Manchester United's last two visits to the Emirates Stadium in league and cup have ended in 3-1 victories.
  • They last won three consecutive away games against the Gunners between 1983 and 1985.
  • This will be the 200th league meeting between the sides.
  • Nine of Arsenal's 13 Premier League victories over Manchester United have been in games played on a Sunday.
Arsenal
  • Arsenal are unbeaten in their last 14 home league games (W12, D2), winning the last eight.
  • Their three defeats in the previous 41 top-flight matches at the Emirates Stadium all came against the two Manchester clubs: two versus City, one against United.
  • Arsenal have earned 38 Premier League points at home this season, a tally exceeded only by Manchester City's 42.
  • The Gunners have taken nine points from eight games against established top-six rivals this season (W2, D3, L4). They earned just six points in total in such matches last term.
  • Unai Emery is looking to become the first Arsenal boss to avoid defeat in his first two top-flight meetings with Manchester United since George Swindin in 1958-59.
  • Laurent Koscielny is set for his 250th Premier League appearance.
  • Alexandre Lacazette can become the second Arsenal player to score in six consecutive home Premier League games. Thierry Henry did so twice at Highbury.
Manchester United
  • United are chasing a seventh consecutive away league win, a feat they last achieved in 1993.
  • The Reds are on a club record run of nine successive away victories in all competitions.
  • They are undefeated in 12 league matches (W10, D2), the longest current unbeaten run in the top flight.
  • Paul Pogba has missed three Premier League penalties this season (although he scored one of those on the rebound) - no player has ever missed four spot-kicks in a single season.
  • Ole Gunnar Solskjaer could become the first Manchester United manager to win his first two away games against Arsenal in all competitions.
  • Chris Smalling is set for his 200th Premier League appearance for the club. He also played 13 times in the division for Fulham.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PSG lost because Tuchel made a serious tactical error. They got the best possible outcome away from home (2-0) up, and he chose an attacking formation? He should have opted for a straight back 4, with 5 in the middle and crowd the midfield-cut off the passing options and leave Mbappe as the lone striker.

Perhaps knowing how arrogant the Parisians are, OGS and the team played cleverly to soak the pressure and hit them on the counter. Thiago is the weakest link in the back 3.

My guess is Tuchel will be shown the door and the proverbial opportunist Mourinho will offer his services. No one at Madrid likes him and his credential as a team builder is non existent. Madrid will be better of with Pochettino at the helm. Leave the scum for the Parisians.
First goal is gem, forcing error and Lukaku showing skill to pursue and knock the ball in from acute angle. Second goal is down to Buffon error for spilling the ball. Third goal is fluke. The shot is speculative and any other referees might have judged differently.

Man U rode their luck. Their goal on the other side was good Mbappe was too quick and no one was guarding the far post. Bailly was poor playing out of position.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
From rumour mill

Philippe Coutinho issues sensational come-and-get-me plea to Man Utd
The former Liverpool star has been in contact with United stars over a potential £100m move to Old Trafford

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/foot...ppe-coutinho-issues-sensational-come-14110890

Philippe Coutinho has issued a come-and-get-me plea to Manchester United.
The 26-year-old Brazilian left Liverpool 14 months ago to join the Spanish giants in a staggering £142million transfer.

But Coutinho has told friends he has found it hard to settle in the Catalan capital and has failed to reproduce the exhilarating form that made him a Kop favourite.
Sunday Mirror Sport can reveal that he has spoken with a number of Manchester United players about a potential £100million switch to Old Trafford.

Coutinho has admitted that he misses the Premier League and knows that his former side Liverpool are unlikely to want him back, especially after the protracted negotiations over his eventual transfer led to a falling out between the two clubs.

0_FC-Barcelona-v-SD-Eibar-La-Liga.jpg

It won’t please the Liverpool fans who once adored him, but his favoured destination is bitter rivals Manchester United.

The Red Devils are not the only suitors for Coutinho's signature - with Paris Saint-Germain set to make their own bid to sign the attacking midfielder.
PSG are looking to get one over Barca after they were beaten in the race to sign Dutch wonder kid Frenkie De Jong.
Mundo Deportivo report that the French Ligue 1 side are keen on taking the Brazilian, who only joined Barca from Liverpool in January 2018.

0_Premier-League-Liverpool-vs-Manchester-United.jpg

Coutinho could be teammates with Matic and Herrera next season if he has his way

0_Spain-FC-Barcelona-v-Valencia-CF.jpg

Coutinho has struggled since joining Barca from Liverpool

PSG were previously interested in Coutinho when Barca nicked him from the Reds.

Coutinho has played 60 times for the Catalan side during a stop and start 14 months in Spain, where he has only netted 18 times.
He is also not seemingly the flavour of the day among his Barca teammates after Gerard Pique vocalised his displeasure with his teammate's apparent lack off focus during Friday's training session.
"Come on Phil, you're not plugged in," Pique was heard shouting after Coutinho was dispossessed during a warm-up exercise.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tonight is about who has a more severe hangover. Man U should be motivated to grab 3 points and level on Tottenham. They play poo next with Pochettino serving one more ban. Win tonight and leapfrog to third by the next.

There is swirling talk of whether Pochettino is better for Man U. Looking at the fact he has not won nothing let’s not repeat the mistake of appointing Moyes based on what he has done on small Budget, small teams. Even managers won trophies have shown they struggled think Mourinho & Louis van Gaal. I say give ole the job and run with him.

Pochettino is now desperate. He has brought spurs to as far as he can. With Man U closing the door, he is banking on Real Madrid.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
..........Third goal is fluke. The shot is speculative and any other referees might have judged differently.

Man U rode their luck. Their goal on the other side was good Mbappe was too quick and no one was guarding the far post. Bailly was poor playing out of position.

.....any other referees would have made the same judgement if they were privy to Uefa's directive to handball. It is as clear as daylight and there is no ambiguity. VAR is not used to judge a player's intention. The problem is people make their own interpretation and sell the controversy to catch the attention of viewers.

The crappy comment given by Tuchel that the shot was going 50 m high and wide and yet the penalty was awarded was simply a lame excuse to cover his tactical error. Period.

You need luck to win competitions like this. Sometimes u just need to create them. If we have any luck, Bailly should be sent to the Carribean to play his football next season.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Man Utd fan (almost exactly) predicted PSG victory
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47504327
_105953852_gettyimages-1134260155.jpg

Marcus Rashford slots home the penalty to give Manchester United the win over PSG on away goals

No-one could have predicted Manchester United's sensational comeback against Paris St-Germain in the Champions League on Wednesday night...
... or could they?

Step forward United fan Timmy Chin, who lives in Malaysia and decided to offer a pre-match prediction on Twitter.
"Honestly got a good feeling about this," he wrote at precisely 7.54pm. "Probably either we get totally hammered or we really put on a show. Lukaku with 2. PSG comes back with 1 and Rashford fires home 92 mins into injury time!"
View attachment 55268
Trailing 2-0 from the first leg at Old Trafford, United took the lead through Romelu Lukaku after two minutes.
PSG equalised before Lukaku added a second to leave Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side within a goal of the quarter-finals on the away goals rule.
In the 94th minute (Timmy was two minutes out), Marcus Rashford thrashed home a penalty awarded following a VAR review and everyone was left wondering whether Timmy had magical powers.
"I usually put out predictions but I never go in so specifically, but this time I don't know why," Chin told BBC Radio Manchester.
The original tweet has gone viral and also attracted the attention of United's players - including Diogo Dalot.
View attachment 55269
"It's just crazy for the players to recognise my tweet. It's a dream come true - I'm so happy," he added.
Ashley Young went one step further, offering the fan a shirt for his efforts and promised one signed by the whole squad
if he correctly predicts the outcome of this weekend's league encounter with Arsenal.
View attachment 55270
Chin's feeling confident again. His prediction? Arsenal 2 Manchester United 4 - Lukaku with two goals.

He made a bundle from this. Good call.
Methinks it will be the same scoreline against arse-Arse 1-MU 3

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oops, I spoke too soon. My nigger boys at the attacking end were farking poor.
Seriously, whatever happens to Lukaku from here to the end of season, United should capitalize and sell this bloke even if he scores 20 goals (:rolleyes:)in the remaining games.

He's our extra large Andy Cole.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
As for our much touted great keeper, his textbook errors are glaring in the past few games. Busy thinking how he'd spend 350K pounds in a week I guess.:rolleyes:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That fucking referee should be barred until he lose some weight. Poor refereeing has a part to play. De Gea mis read the first goal.

Lukaku mis firing and Fred decides that he has done enough.