• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Real account from an ex-Singaporean Canadian citizen

temasekreview

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I immigrated to Canada, I bought three cars for the price of one in Singapore and a 4,000 sq. ft house for the price of a 5-room HDB apartment. A similar house in Singapore would have cost S$2 million

Yes, the Canadian taxes are high but the citizens are well treated. Contrary to what Mr. Brooks claimed, all my three children graduated from reputable universities in Canada without any problem. My children’s university education did not cost me much as my children were able to obtain grants and student loans to pay for their university fees. They took part-time jobs to supplement their pocket money.

The greatest joy for parents is to see the happiness expressed in their children’s eyes when they play in the beautiful parks during the summers, springs and autumns and snow in the winters. The satisfaction is more than money can buy. This is in contrd. For me, the savings on the purchase of the house and cars could pay my income tax for the rest of my life.

Every child in Canada gets free education from kindergarten to Grade 12, the equivalent of junior college in Singapore. Most schools are within walking distance from home. Free transportation is provided for students living farther away. Each child gets C$250 a month as “milk” allowance until 18 years of age. However this benefit may have been rescinded.

Contrary to what Mr. Brooks claimed, all my three children graduated from reputable universities in Canada without any problem. My children’s university education did not cost me much as my children were able to obtain grants and student loans to pay for their university fees. They took part-time jobs to supplement their pocket money.

Read rest of article here:

http://temasekreview.com/?p=12078

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
So lets reason a small senario.
Even if the generations here can raise the money for a comprehensive education.
The system will somehow slap you in your face, rob you of a chance either to graduate or find a job .
By some reason or so. Not all can pass through.

So once again the civillians have to come up with a plan to reverse the damage done to all the citizens .

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
What kind of people will help FT to intimidate his own people for perpetual hold on power and fortune?

Traitors.

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
What kind of people will help FT to intimidate his own people for perpetual hold on power and fortune?

Traitors.

This is like the cheebye Finnish guy who beat up a woman

The fact is angmos have a better life in sinkapore

They can be PRs or citizens, and enjoy low tax, slack laws and high pay

FuckSamLeong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't forget about getting preferential treatment in our courts! Remember the case of the Mediacorp's newsreader's boyfriend? I am quite positive that in his capital case of drug trafficking, he was given a discharge not amounting to an acquittal because the Caucasian charged with a related offence whose testimony was crucial, jumped bail and had not been located since.

Eurekas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Mr Wing for clarifying that you really enjoy Swiss standard of living in Canada and live in a 4000 sq foot bungalow. I believe that Ang Moh Brookes is trying to paint a dissorted picture of his own country and try to ball carry Singapore in the ST forums to gain favourable contracts from the government or to hook our SPGs. The same house would have cost $3 million in Singapore factoring the high inflation rate for the past 3 years. Singapore has a fair share of homeless people sleeping in the void decks and parks. So its a misconception that those people in Canada that are homeless because they are drug addicts, gambling addicts and criminals. Canadians may have pay more tax than Singapore but did we get a better deal? The fact that Singapore has the 2nd highest rental in Asia shows the government actually collect a lot of property related tax. Our government spent a lot of money on infrastructure and high tech military toys and less than 10% of the budget on social welfare and community development. So Mr Brookes should stop talking cock and think about how many foreign trash are willing to talk up the pink IC vs how many Singaporeans, Hongkees and Indians want to take Canadian citizenship.

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is like the cheebye Finnish guy who beat up a woman

The fact is angmos have a better life in sinkapore

They can be PRs or citizens, and enjoy low tax, slack laws and high pay

Those who prostitute Singapore and those FT who come here and say bad thing about their own country are both the same, Traitors.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PS For those who alleged that I am a fictitious character, you can find me on the front page of the latest issue of The Kidney Foundation of Canada at the following link (click Latest Edition: kidney News, Vol.13, issue 1 Summer 2009):

www.kidney.bc.ca/home/publications/index.html#kidneynews

lol, link doesn't work

She sounded like she has some bad experiences here in which case I agree with this part

Patriotism and gratitude require reciprocity. If a citizen feels unwanted and treated without respect, it is no shame for the outcast to seek greener pasture and realize his potential elsewhere. It would be naive to expect the outcast to be patriotic and risk his life to protect a privileged group who continue to reward themselves unchallenged by the millions.

UseYourBrain

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let's start a campaign "Go to Canada". Repeat the Histroy once again....Exodus!! nevertheless...a lazy, coward, full of complain singkies will always be peasant and slave wherever they go...they chose to be that way