• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Re: All the Slashings, stabbings, killings over the past 6 months.....The Real Cause?

Charlie258

Alfrescian
Loyal
All the Knife Action in Little Red Dot.....Sarawak Gang killing the Indians and Bangladeshis....to Darren Ng's murder....to Bukit Panjang Gang Fight. The People of Singapore are missing the wood for the trees. The real cause is not any particular increase in crime or SS gang activity per capita of population. The real cause is overcrowding.

Just think about it. Even something as trivial as Car Parking: how many quarrels and fights have you seen lately? I can tell you, I have seen more Car Parking altercations in the last 6 months than I have seen in my entire life!

We are just running out of Space. That is why people are getting short tempered and fighting more and more. The pressure of Overcrowding is driving people crazy!!!!!

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Overcrowding compounded by the pressures of everyday living.
Adults stressed by work and students stressed by the school system.

jw5

Loyal
The Real Cause is Bad Upbringing.
No doubt there is overcrowding and pressures of everyday living, but that should at most cause people to be short tempered and argue.
If they go to the extent of slashing, stabbing and killing, there is only one Real Cause.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I can't comment on the Sarawak gang.

But I know for a fact that the SS has become more powerful because singapore's underground economy has been growing. Underground economy refers to prostitution, betting, cigarette trafficking etc. The bangla, prc, myanmar workers rely on these alternatives to entertain themselves and the gangs have been making good money on these.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

But I know for a fact that the SS has become more powerful because singapore's underground economy has been growing. Underground economy refers to prostitution, betting, cigarette trafficking etc. The bangla, prc, myanmar workers rely on these alternatives to entertain themselves and the gangs have been making good money on these.

This is what we get for voting a government that had grown 'fat' economically, have no spurs in their hide & have gone complacent.

We are paying the price now!

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can anyone please name me the country with the third lowest homicide rate in the world? :wink:

golden

Alfrescian
Loyal
one of the reason why gangs are so much alive could be due to the current laws.

if you get beaten up, reporting to the police do not resolve the issue. you need to pay money and file a report to the Magistrate to get police to investigate.
Else police treat this as civil case and will bo chup. So u lan lan has to take the matter into your own hand and whack the burger back your self.

cause now u know that if u whack that burger, the police also bo chup as it is a civil case unless that burger follow protocol to get police to investigate.

so if u kena bully, joining a gang to get support is the inthing for the kids..

am i wrong????

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
one of the reason why gangs are so much alive could be due to the current laws.

if you get beaten up, reporting to the police do not resolve the issue. you need to pay money and file a report to the Magistrate to get police to investigate.
Else police treat this as civil case and will bo chup. So u lan lan has to take the matter into your own hand and whack the burger back your self.

cause now u know that if u whack that burger, the police also bo chup as it is a civil case unless that burger follow protocol to get police to investigate.

so if u kena bully, joining a gang to get support is the inthing for the kids..

am i wrong????

Yes, you could be right but I know nothing about the law. What I know is that Sinkie is calling the police for anything that they feel aggrieved.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The real cause behind the recent slashing, stabbing and murder can be primarily but not exclusively, attributed to the undenial fact that our police failed us completely.

Police intelligence collapsed when detectives were taken off and became investigators about 13 years ago. We lost our 'eyes' and ears' on the ground.
When an ex-CID director stated that only street corner gangs existed and that traditional SS/triad no longer dominant, he failed to anticipate that these street corner gangs will be even more vicious than the old gangsters. In a way, the blind led the blind. They started to 'groupthink' and soon, denial of the problem.

In a nutshell, our police is that as great as they make themselves to be. They overestimated themselves. They were seldom confronted with such problems. They are an untested bunch. The top ranks in the police will always be striving for career advancement by submitting unworkable plans and policies etc. This vicious cycle goes on and on.

While there were casualties involved, perhaps we should be thankful that with these incidents, the police will now start to be more conscientious and realistic in their work. Confront the problem. Don't sweep the problem under the carpet. Reflect the ground reality to their bosses. Don't reinforce what management says to look and sound politically correct. If the upper echelon is wrong, tell them.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, you could be right but I know nothing about the law. What I know is that Sinkie is calling the police for anything that they feel aggrieved.

So, taking the law into one`s hand it better than calling police. I like that; it is proactive.

Cheers!

Airlib

Alfrescian
Loyal
In a nutshell, our police is that as great as they make themselves to be. They overestimated themselves. They were seldom confronted with such problems. They are an untested bunch. The top ranks in the police will always be striving for career advancement by submitting unworkable plans and policies etc. This vicious cycle goes on and on.

Well... now the top ranks would most prob be some scholars whom are back to serve their bonds. What do they know other than just read from text or come out with proposal that seems to only work in virtual world....

Those running the ground are still the experience mata who are getting on with age now. So how efficient u will the police be now.....

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well... now the top ranks would most prob be some scholars whom are back to serve their bonds. What do they know other than just read from text or come out with proposal that seems to only work in virtual world....

Those running the ground are still the experience mata who are getting on with age now. So how efficient u will the police be now.....

In the civil service, it is important where an idea came from. If a Sgt alerts his management of problems detected and offers options to deal with them, he may not be taken seriously.

If a scholar says exactly the same things, it will be taken as a splendid idea. Politically, it is the same. An ordinary MP will not be taken as seriously as one destined for higher office. That's life.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Those days in the early 80's, was the golden period when one can walk in safety and the lack of police presence was very noticeable. In fact, the Neighbourhood Police Posts were set up and bicycle patrols were pretty common.

Just as we now faced problems with recent flash floods and the security breech of the MRT Depot, the authorities suddenly were "Caught By Surprise." All Singaporeans too were caught by surprise by the sudden increase in population from recent complaints and whinings in different medias. The key word here is "Complacency" on the part of the authorities. Singaporeans have themselves to be blame too for taking the government for granted and happy with the way the country is being run.

What else can we expect from these new generation of so called leaders, entering politics untried, untested, most through the backdoor? Like our well-known scion of the First Family, they are all typical sheltered elites, in need of some street education. Many of them really need to taste some real Mee Siam and to learn that no way we have Mee Siam containing any hum at all.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

yes, there is an unhealthy below the surface "shadow" economy going on in sg. and it's growing by leaps and bounds as a result of the relaxation of immigration and foreign labor importation.

are they powerful? no. not yet to the point where they can influence government and mole their way into organs of authority, regulatory impositions and policy making that will favor their continued success and flourishment. the lack of firearms in their arsenal prevented them from outgunning the authorities and striking fear among the elites.

are they headed by sophisticated, experienced master manipulators connected to crime syndicates in east asia and the larger global market for vice, prostitution, human trafficking, drug smuggling, loansharking and gambling? hopefully not. but i suspect the gates are already wide open in sg for foreign syndicates to creep in due to massive importation of foreigners in a short time without effective firewall enforcement and the proper checks and balance in place. this speaks ill of the gov preventive measures, and it's fuckingly TRUE. denial will get them nowhere.

money begets incentives for greed. and greed breeds crime. and crime evolves to organized crime which is meant to corner the market for more profits. follow the money trail. kids playing with parangs are just the symptom and tip of the spear, so to speak. they are visible, stupid morons who act on the surface wanting to impress, yet they are not the real serious deep threat. some bigger syndicates are egging them on, testing the boundaries, pushing the limits. 369 is just being thrown around and shouted around like it is the real deal in town, when in fact, these homegrown sg gangs are subservient and in alliance with bigger fish already in town. rival gangs with another alliance can frame another gang. all they have to do is shout the name of a rival gang, chop up someone and lay the blame on the other. this is a signature of more sinister syndicates from outside.

the danger to sg is when several outside syndicates (and their respective local alliances) are vying for dominance and monopoly of the shadow economy at the same time. violence erupts, blood flows, and youths die, and unfortunately, unsuspecting local youths who are easily manipulated normally fall victim first. they are the first wave of escalation. the next wave is nastier, with sworn henchmen joining the fray. next involves professional hitmen hired into town. the wave that sg doesn't want to have is when all hell breaks loose, and guns and bombs get smuggled in together with mobs of mercenaries with nothing to lose (a la colombia and a la mexico).

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
Overcrowding compounded by the pressures of everyday living.
Adults stressed by work and students stressed by the school system.

Do you prefer to be a pig happy or a human unhappy? Where can you find a place where the work is not stressful and studying is not hard work or is relaxing?

What's the outcome you want? Singaporeans going to some places complain - that the pace is too slow.

Bottom line : There is no total happiness - only NET HAPPINESS!

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Do you prefer to be a pig happy or a human unhappy? Where can you find a place where the work is not stressful and studying is not hard work or is relaxing?

What's the outcome you want? Singaporeans going to some places complain - that the pace is too slow.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/A6K-U2skg28?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/A6K-U2skg28?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

nice song woh... :p:p:p

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal

I was only making a statement. You ask a question and you answered it yourself.
Looks like you are pig happy.