• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ravi Menon to leave MAS after China wealth leak. President Menon soon?

in3deep

Alfrescian
Loyal

Home Singapore

Ravi Menon, longest-serving chief of MAS set to step down; former deputy tipped as successor​

By
Yee Loon
-
April 18, 2023

On Tuesday (18 Apr), Bloomberg reported that the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS)’s chief Ravi Menon, is set to leave MAS this year.
Bloomberg noted that the “people familiar with the matter” said Chia Der Jiun (谢啇真), one of his former deputies, is tipped to be his successor.
Menon has led MAS since 2011 and is currently the longest-serving chief of Singapore’s central bank. His term is set to end on May 31. He first joined MAS in 1987.
Mr Chia is currently serving as the permanent secretary for development at the Ministry of Manpower. He served in MAS for 16 years and was appointed Deputy Managing Director (Corporate Development) MAS in May 2019 before joining the manpower ministry in 2020.
According to Bloomberg, Singapore’s Public Service Division (PSC) did not immediately comment on the matter.
The Strait Times also reported that MAS declined to comment on it.
PSC told ST: “We have no information to provide at this moment. The Public Service Division will announce any upcoming changes to the appointment of permanent secretaries through official channels and media releases.”

Menon told Bloomberg in 2021 that he has “absolutely no intention to enter politics”

Ravi Menon describes himself as “an optimist and an idealist”. Before MAS, he also served in the trade and industry ministry as well as the Bank for International Settlements.

Under his helm, Mr Menon played a key role in steering Singapore’s economy through the post-global financial crisis era. In the wake of the pandemic, MAS was among the first to begin tightening monetary policy. Additionally, Mr Menon pushed Singapore’s banks to develop financial technology early on.
In 2018, Mr Menon was a contender to lead the Financial Stability Board based in Basel, Switzerland. The following year, his name was floated as a potential candidate to head the Bank of England, a testament to his global reputation among central bankers.
In a 2021 interview with Bloomberg News, Menon stated that he has “absolutely no intention to enter politics.”
However, previous chiefs of MAS, including Heng Swee Keat, Tharman Shanmugaratnam, and Richard Hu, have gone on to serve as finance ministers after leaving their positions at MAS.

Chia Der Jiun served in MAS for 16 years

According to info available on PSC, Mr Chia joined MAS in 2004 and helmed various management appointments in MAS covering Prudential Policy, Macroeconomic Surveillance, Banking Supervision, Markets and Investment, Corporate Services, Human Resources and Information Technology.
He also served for two years as Executive Director for Southeast Asia at the International Monetary Fund.
Prior to MAS, Mr Chia was in the Administrative Service for ten years and served in the Ministry of Trade and Industry, Public Service Division and Ministry of the Environment and Water Resources.

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wonder if Ravi Menon took the blame for all the problems in the financial industry: cryptocurrency frauds, lack of cryptocurrency regulations, financial scams especially, at OCBC, monetary policy not tight enough to rein in rising housing prices, rising inflation and the cost of living, DBS ATM and online network breaking down twice.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ravi is a good MAS President.
Having a itchy Dick is just common.
Women must have a Alpha male to dominate her.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I had a good laugh went I read this. I know Ravi personally, even though I haven't talked to him in years. If you can find a more die hard loyal PAP dog in Singapore, kindly point him out to me. This fucker was foaming PAP at the mouth ever since his RI days. He is the most seow on PAP lover I ever met. He was Prefect at RI (imagine how many assholes u have to lick for that one), then sword winner in OCS, etc. During general elections, he will line up all NSmen under his comment and threaten them to vote PAP. If BG Lee had visited his unit during his NS and ask him to suck his balls, Ravi would have asked "Would that be right or left testicle, sir".

For such a lover die hard PAP supporter, to say he will not enter politics, I have to laugh at that one. Anyway, in singapore, its not up to u. If the word comes down for you to be MP or Minister, u better take it. Or else, you are condemned and blacklisted in singapore. as for him working in basel. Good luck to that. Some one will have to pull big strings to prevent the americans from saying this fucker oversaw one of the largest money laundering centres in the world. Najib money laundering, Burmese junta general money, golden triangle drug lord money, China stolen and embezzled money, robert mugabe money, etc. The list goes on. If the US want to tekan him, his name is dirt in the world of international finance.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I had a good laugh went I read this. I know Ravi personally, even though I haven't talked to him in years. If you can find a more die hard loyal PAP dog in Singapore, kindly point him out to me. This fucker was foaming PAP at the mouth ever since his RI days. He is the most seow on PAP lover I ever met. He was Prefect at RI (imagine how many assholes u have to lick for that one), then sword winner in OCS, etc. During general elections, he will line up all NSmen under his comment and threaten them to vote PAP. If BG Lee had visited his unit during his NS and ask him to suck his balls, Ravi would have asked "Would that be right or left testicle, sir".

For such a lover die hard PAP supporter, to say he will not enter politics, I have to laugh at that one. Anyway, in singapore, its not up to u. If the word comes down for you to be MP or Minister, u better take it. Or else, you are condemned and blacklisted in singapore. as for him working in basel. Good luck to that. Some one will have to pull big strings to prevent the americans from saying this fucker oversaw one of the largest money laundering centres in the world. Najib money laundering, Burmese junta general money, golden triangle drug lord money, China stolen and embezzled money, robert mugabe money, etc. The list goes on. If the US want to tekan him, his name is dirt in the world of international finance.

You kind of have to be a PAP dog to be even considered for those positions. That's the way things are in this regime. :biggrin:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
You kind of have to be a PAP dog to be even considered for those positions. That's the way things are in this regime. :biggrin:
Bro, there are PAP dogs and then there PAP dogs. U have the Ong Ye Kung and Tharm type of PAP dogs who are accidental PAP dogs. They did not start out as PAP dogs but then got converted along the way due to money, expediency, corruption of power, etc. This fucker Ravi was born a PAP dog. He grew up without a father and his mother raised him in a one room HDB flat that she rented cheap cheap. He was probably the poorest kid in RI. For him to come from nothing to where he is at, is all due to the PAP, as far as he is concerned. His loyalty is paramount to them, even if enacts their policies that fuck over millions of sinkies.

in3deep

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, there are PAP dogs and then there PAP dogs. U have the Ong Ye Kung and Tharm type of PAP dogs who are accidental PAP dogs. They did not start out as PAP dogs but then got converted along the way due to money, expediency, corruption of power, etc. This fucker Ravi was born a PAP dog. He grew up without a father and his mother raised him in a one room HDB flat that she rented cheap cheap. He was probably the poorest kid in RI. For him to come from nothing to where he is at, is all due to the PAP, as far as he is concerned. His loyalty is paramount to them, even if enacts their policies that fuck over millions of sinkies.
Like that why you call him dog sia. Seems like a decent chap who worked his way from bottom to top and he haven really done anything to fuck sinkies

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Looks like he failed the interview to be presidential candidate so the PAP gave his day job back to him.

Ravi Menon reappointed to helm MAS for 2 more years​

masAQ1I2137_6.jpg

Mr Ravi Menon has been at the helm of the central bank since 2011. PHOTO: BT FILE
ang_qing_0.png

Ang Qing

MAY 12, 2023

SINGAPORE - Mr Ravi Menon has been reappointed as managing director of the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) for another two years.
Mr Menon, who turns 59 this year, has been at the helm of the central bank since 2011 and was rumoured to leave MAS this year when his term ends on May 31.
MAS said in a statement on Friday that it had extended its longest-serving chief’s tenure as managing director until May 31, 2025, or until his retirement from the public service, whichever is earlier.
In his 12 years as MAS chief, Mr Menon helped steer Singapore’s economy through the post-global financial crisis era. He has also been credited with pushing Singapore banks to develop financial technology early.
The MAS statement added that Mr Menon has been reappointed as a member of the MAS board from June 1, 2023, to May 31, 2025.
Attorney-General Lucien Wong and Mr Chaly Mah, who is chairman of network infrastructure firm NetLink NBN Management, will also be reappointed to the MAS board.
Their term of three years will run from June 1, 2023, to May 31, 2026.

Mr Mah will also be reappointed for the same period as chairman of the audit committee, which provides independent assessments of the central bank’s internal controls and financial reporting processes.
Meanwhile, Emeritus Senior Minister Goh Chok Tong will step down from his position as senior adviser to MAS from May 21.
MAS said: “Since his appointment to this role in May 2011, he has advised the MAS board and lent his expertise across a wide range of matters. Prior to this, he served as chairman of the MAS board from Aug 20, 2004.”
Other members of the new MAS board of directors include Senior Minister and Coordinating Minister for Social Policies Tharman Shanmugaratnam and Deputy Prime Minister and Finance Minister Lawrence Wong.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Are Chinese people not allowed to be the overpaid Istana doggie anymore, except for Familee relatives related by blood? :wink:

tonytan_lhl.jpg