• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Raise older workers' productivity, says Teo Ser Luck

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
His productivity needs to be raised.

bro,

i figured that if Singapore has to be a cosmopolitan city then GDP was to be the order of the day, that would be translated as having no place for retirement for the elderly :(:(:(

where is the garhmen leading us? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bro,

i figured that if Singapore has to be a cosmopolitan city then GDP was to be the order of the day, that would be translated as having no place for retirement for the elderly :(:(:(

To hades 19th level down...

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bro,

This govt. is atrociously evil to the elderly. Refuse to return their cpf money yet still want them to be more productive. WTF.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Exactly. A scheme began to ensure retirement became a scheme to work to death. The culprit who started the ponzi idea was Teh Cheang Wan. He paid with his suicide, so let's leave him alone in a personal sense. Mah Bow Tan brought the ponzi scheme to the next level by depleting anything possible from your CPF to support your HDB.

his suicide got nothing to do with the CPF scam. He "committed suicide" because he was caught having his house renovated and not paying for it - the contractor had lucrative contracts with the HDB. He "committed suicide" the same night following a visit by somebody very important.....

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Floating On A Thread

22.jpg

We are all floating or suspending on a thread financially. If it breaks, its another Lehman Brothers' product. No one will be prosecuted as usual. Another hefty bail out ?

Pon·zi scheme : A fraud disguised as an investment opportunity, in which initial investors and the perpetrators of the fraud are paid out of funds raised from later investors, and the later investors lose all funds invested. Named after Charles Ponzi (1882?-1949), Italian-born speculator who organized such a scheme (1919-1920).

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Refuse to return their cpf money yet still want them to be more productive. WTF.

not exactly true, root of this problem lies in this: HDB dwellers have their CPF locked into upfront rentals for HDB.

where CPF contributions used to be higher back then, folks who got to retire in the 90s would have a sizeable sum in their CPF provided they were of the middle income group back then, primarily because HDB was truly affordable in the 70s & 80s.

the tide started turning when CPF contribution dropped by the time economic crisis struck and prices of HDB started becoming more unaffordable even as wages remained rather stagnant throughout those periods. by the time MBT refused to regulate the number of HDB built, the stage was set.

many would love to see MBT being hung by the balls.

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am referring to the minimum sum of $131,000. This amount will sit with CPF board for 10 years while Ho Ching will dip her hands into the till to gamble away recklessly.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
I am referring to the minimum sum of $131,000. This amount will sit with CPF board for 10 years while Ho Ching will dip her hands into the till to gamble away recklessly.

yes, the minimum sum wasn't pegged at such ridiculous level back then :p:p:p

sirus

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I remember back then in the 80's CPF contribution was employer and employee 25% each.