• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Racism Is Still Very Much Alive And Well In Australia

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The last line of this article shows that the Australian govt is too nice to the abor.
These people simply cannot follow the laws, get themselves arrested and still do stupid things while in custody.

At the end of the day, when people are too comfortable, they look for trouble.

Aboriginal activists demand Abbott apology
Lisa Martin
January 26, 2012 - 6:09PM

Aboriginal activists who mobbed Prime Minister Julia Gillard and Tony Abbott in Canberra on Australia Day have accused the opposition leader of inciting racial riots and want him to apologise.

About 200 protesters trapped Prime Minister Julia Gillard and Opposition Leader Tony Abbott in a Canberra restaurant before police arrived to clear a passage for the pair.

The protesters, from the nearby Aboriginal tent embassy, banged on the three glass sides of The Lobby restaurant chanting "shame" and "racist".

The embassy is celebrating a 40-year milestone with a three-day "Corroboree for Sovereignty" with thousands of indigenous Australians travelling to Canberra for the occasion.

Ms Gillard and Mr Abbott had just spoken at a ceremony for the inaugural national emergency medals.

At least 50 police, including the riot squad, were called to the scene shortly after 2.30pm (AEDT).

The two leaders, protected by police and security officers, escaped out a side door after about 20 minutes.

Protesters chased their car down the road, banging on its roof and bonnet.

Four Aboriginal men set up the Aboriginal tent embassy, opposite Old Parliament House in Canberra, on January 27, 1972, camping underneath a beach umbrella in protest at the McMahon Liberal government's refusal to recognise Aboriginal land rights.

Over the years the issue of sovereignty became central to the embassy's ongoing protest.

Tensions boiled over on Thursday afternoon following comments Mr Abbott made in Sydney earlier in the day.

Mr Abbott said he understood why the tent embassy was set up "all those years ago".

"I think a lot has changed for the better since then," he told reporters.

"I think the indigenous people of Australia can be very proud of the respect in which they are held by every Australian.

"I think a lot has changed since then, and I think it probably is time to move on from that."

For many Aboriginal people Australia Day is considered invasion day.

Activists accused Mr Abbott of "inciting racial riots" with his comments.

Embassy founder Michael Anderson said the opposition leader's comments were disrespectful.

"Abbott said the aboriginal embassy had to go. We heard it on a radio broadcast," he told AAP.

"We thought no way, so we circled around the building."

He said the protesters wanted the leaders to clarify their position and whether Mr Abbott was serious about removing the embassy.

"You've got 1000 people here peacefully protesting and to make a statement about tearing down the embassy - it's just madness on the part of Tony Abbott," Mr Anderson said.

"What he said amounts to inciting racial riots."

He defended the actions of protesters and said police overreacted to the situation.

"They thought it was siege mentality. The police didn't have to rush her out. She could have just walked out peacefully," he said.

Mr Anderson said protesters had not known Ms Gillard was at the function with Mr Abbott. Sergeant Chris Meagher, of ACT Policing, said no one was injured in the scuffles and it was unlikely any arrests would be made.

Police had been liaising with indigenous elders at the tent embassy throughout the day, with a peaceful protest march of about 1500 taking place earlier on Thursday.

Sgt Meagher said the protest had been an opportunistic move by those at the tent embassy to get their point across.

"Basically there was a minor fracas between ourselves and the demonstrators," he told reporters.

"We believe in being quite flexible in our policing actions with these people and they've had a point to prove today and they're having their celebrations.

"We have no intention of arresting anybody for no unreasonable cause."

One of the medal recipients inside the restaurant, Tracy Griggs from Victoria, said she would not let the incident mar her day.

"I still know what I did on the day (during the 2009 Victorian fires) and the role I played," she told AAP.

Isabell Coe, whose late husband Mr Craigie was an embassy founder, said Mr Abbott should apologise.

"They fight like cats and dogs in the parliament but when it comes to Aboriginal people they run like dogs," she told AAP.

"How many Aboriginal people have been upset by what this woman (Ms Gillard) and Abbott is doing.

"We've got nothing left to lose. Our people are dying, deaths in custody, men, women and children."

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One thing i would like to add is that racism in singapore is much much lower. I don't think you'll see a chinese singaporean spit unto a foreigner and tell him to go home. That only seems to occur with other ethnic groups like whites for eg.

Neddy added something else about how the lebanese ppl want the aussies to fit in with their lifestyle while the vietnamese want to fit into the aussie lifestyle but at the end of the day who gets more shit? I can bet more viets get more shit than the lebanese and i attribute it to the fact that an ordinary vietnamese that isn't a gang member is just like any other east asian and doesn't like to seek confrontation unlike the lebanese and other middle eastern ppl whom should be more aggressive up front.

This is the thing that i have always disliked when east asians get racism thrown at them. They are the most well behaved of all the other immigrants but probably get the worst treatment. Indians are very racist of course that's well known but are the most sensitive when they think they are at the end of racism. How else can there be complaints of racism in singapore and the examples are the auntie in the shop didn't smile at him and recently how some man with a dog looked at a bangala from the corner of his eye didn't even say anything and that bangala can hold a press conference complaining of racism. :rolleyes:

When it comes to getting accused of racism east asians get accused of it equally as well as the whites. Even though an east asian won't spit at an immigrant or threaten to beat him up perhaps they just talk badly about immigrants amongst themselves somehow that's considered as racist as the indian or the white person that will openly spit or yell at an immigrant. If you want to use the example i have given and put it in a judicial crime punishment scale it will be like giving the same sentence to a jay walker which is the racist equivalent of east asian racism as the sentence given to a murderer which is what racism in a white country is like. Therefore if you say that east asians are as racist as whites it will be like giving the death sentence to a jay walker which is the sentence given to a murderer.

Also another thing i have noted from peeps like neddy is that we asians seem to judge ourselves equally as harshly. Like we'll see some asians act like the whites and say yeah asians are also racist too but leave out the part above i have written that east asian racism is much much much lower than racism from other races. This is in contrast to how whites and indians and middle eastern ppl view racism from their own ppl. There are still many whites whom think it's pretty ok to spit at a non white and tell him off. They do it so often that it's plain obvious this type of behavior is accepted amongst a great many of them. The same thing with indians. Like hiring their own ppl when they become the boss and not hiring someone else based on his own ability. That's like 2nd nature to them and they definitely don't feel shy about it.

I hope some of you have paid attention to all this that i have written and that sometimes it's better to fight fire with fire and give them a taste of their own medicine and not always try and put down your own race which i seem to have noticed that it's more prevalent amongst east asians. You don't see it that much amongst other races like aboriginals or malays for eg. I don't think you'll ever hear an aboriginal say man my people are so lazy and only know how to ask for handouts from the govt even if this aboriginal has a job he'll think it's ok for his own ppl to ask for handouts. In short i feel that east asians especially chinese ppl condemn their own race the most and sometimes for no reason.

jiakhongleow

Alfrescian
Loyal
yeah! the aboriginals are asking the whites to go home too, and burning aussie flag this Australia day (Oz flag still have Union Jack sign). Since more Oz Whites are living in Singapore now, sooner these Oz whites will get the same bashing from Sinkies.

Some new nicks are spread around differentiating each others: Oz whites, Oz Browns, Oz Black, Oz Sinkies, Oz Chinese .... so funny.

Last edited:

kemana

Alfrescian
Loyal
just look at the attacks and killings of ah nehs not too long ago. I think the caucs are tired of indians already, almost every taxi driver i see is indian, and many of the sex assualts cases on vunerable female passengers are commited by indian cab drivers. Also there is this interesting boost juice bar outlet that employ only keling males and asian or cauc females. I have never seen an asian or cauc male work there before. store owner must be bloody indian guy.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singaporeans need to be more assertive. I seriously have some problems with Singaporeans who are too soft on foreigners. You do not need to spit at them, it is degrading yourself to the level of that angmo/ah tiong/ah neh/other aliens.
Just be firm with them. "When in Rome, do as the Romans do ...."

Just to clear something up, a lot of racism are expressed silently.

Vietnamese Aussies speak their minds, but not their refugee parents. Lebbies tend to be wired wrongly in their brains. They have serious problems mixing with other communities.

One of a less known hate racial riots in Western Australia occurred between Japaneses and Timor Indonesians in 1920s in Broome.

In those days, there are more than twice as many Japanese than angmos living in Broome.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broome_Race_Riots_of_1920

One thing i would like to add is that racism in singapore is much much lower. I don't think you'll see a chinese singaporean spit unto a foreigner and tell him to go home. That only seems to occur with other ethnic groups like whites for eg.

Neddy added something else about how the lebanese ppl want the aussies to fit in with their lifestyle while the vietnamese want to fit into the aussie lifestyle but at the end of the day who gets more shit? I can bet more viets get more shit than the lebanese and i attribute it to the fact that an ordinary vietnamese that isn't a gang member is just like any other east asian and doesn't like to seek confrontation unlike the lebanese and other middle eastern ppl whom should be more aggressive up front.

This is the thing that i have always disliked when east asians get racism thrown at them. They are the most well behaved of all the other immigrants but probably get the worst treatment. Indians are very racist of course that's well known but are the most sensitive when they think they are at the end of racism. How else can there be complaints of racism in singapore and the examples are the auntie in the shop didn't smile at him and recently how some man with a dog looked at a bangala from the corner of his eye didn't even say anything and that bangala can hold a press conference complaining of racism. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singaporeans need to be more assertive. I seriously have some problems with Singaporeans who are too soft on foreigners. You do not need to spit at them, it is degrading yourself to the level of that angmo/ah tiong/ah neh/other aliens.
Just be firm with them. "When in Rome, do as the Romans do ...."

Just to clear something up, a lot of racism are expressed silently.

Vietnamese Aussies speak their minds, but not their refugee parents. Lebbies tend to be wired wrongly in their brains. They have serious problems mixing with other communities.

One of a less known hate racial riots in Western Australia occurred between Japaneses and Timor Indonesians in 1920s in Broome.

In those days, there are more than twice as many Japanese than angmos living in Broome.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broome_Race_Riots_of_1920

I see, i suppose the timorese indonesians look just like your typical regular indon. The only thing timor is world renowned for is east timor trying to seperate from indonesia.