• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

R.I.P. Lim Hock Siew

rainnix

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dr Lim Hock Siew passed away last night. He was arrested under Operation Cold Store in 1963 and was detained without trial for nearly 20 years before being released in 1982.

This video recording (link: http://vimeo.com/13292596) of a speech by Dr Lim Hock Siew, Singapore's 2nd longest-held political prisoner, is banned by the Singapore Government on grounds that it is against "public interest."

My heartfelt condolences to the family of Dr Lim Hock Siew. :(

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My condolences to the family of the late Dr Lim Hock Siew..

He's a Patriot..

R.I.P Dr Lim..

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
bye bye to a wasted life. don't waste your life like him please.

Even as a troll and we shld expect you to make provocative remarks, what you said is really bad tase, indecent, and clearly shows your extremely poor upbringing. I pity you and think poorly of your parents' parenting skills.

You're disgusting!

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This is a thread about about one of Spore's unsung heroes.. I will not be rude in this thread by posting pics of your favourite cucumber here..

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wow! this is the kind of opposition we have during the early days!!! if we can have more like him now, there will be no prob winning a few more GRC. during that era, so many good men and women lost their life for this tiny red dot due to politic. how i hope they were there in the parliament to challenge pap policies so we wont have to lead such a hard life all these years. hope more good people like Lim Hock Siew can stand up and join the oppositions now.

he is a martyr, like Lim Bo Seng 林谋盛.

R.I.P and hope the torch will be pass on.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
My heartfelt respectfully condolences to your family,Sir !

You have lived your life well.

It's time to retire.

History will speak well of you.

That is the legacy you left for us.

Farewell.

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

There's no excuse for the likes of you and no one will feel sorry for a worm like you.

You're a stain on the face of the nation and like your mother I curse the day of your birth.

You are nothing but the scum of the earth!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
i spent the years hoping that he will write his story. He wanted to but for some reason he did not proceed. Of all the detainees he knew the most. He was the defacto leader and had seen it all. He however did leave his oral history behind. RIP.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i spent the years hoping that he will write his story. He wanted to but for some reason he did not proceed. Of all the detainees he knew the most. He was the defacto leader and had seen it all. He however did leave his oral history behind. RIP.

Oral history left behind? Excellent.

Remember China's Zhao Ziyang?
His book was released after his death, based on 4 years of secret tape recordings, 30 tapes.

Just hope Lim Hock Siew's memoirs get to see the light of day.

RIP

Last edited:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
RIP, so he has gone first to prepare a welcome party for an important person? Make sure its a red carpet welcome.

You guys would have lots to catch up, 'friends' to meet.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Dr Lim Hock Siew’s wake will be held at 135 Joo Chiat Terrace from Tuesday(5th June)

from TOC

blueblobster

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sometimes I almost suspect that you are deliberately out to put the PAP in a bad light. We all know that PAP supporters and their IB are brain dead, but surely they cannot be as bad as you.

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal

The passing of a truly remarkable man. A real hero of S'pore who was forced to live in hard and miserable conditions for decades simply because he was an enormous threat to the Old Fark. A man worthy of all respect as not once did he gave in to the Old Fark's devious ways but stood tall on his principles. May his legacy lives on to inspire more to come forward to be counted against the current regime.

RIP Dr Lim Hock Siew.

maxxieb

Alfrescian
Loyal
haiz...another fighter of singapore democracy left us....true patroit...i salute to him and all he had done for Singapore!! His story shall be pass down and sang to every singaporean...let more fellow singaporean know how much evil things old man had done.
ABOLISH ISA!!!!!!