• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

quid pro quo

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i'm faced with a quid pro quo dilemma. while my rerationship with my randrady is based on quid pro quo, and i'm fully guilty of it, it's not illegal nor prosecutable as this is a private deal between two consenting adults. and it's not like i get away scot free with each month's rent. the need of the randrady is not regular and monthly. on some months i performed yet had to shell out rental payments. it all depends on the mood of powerful randrady who holds the upper hand in providing shelter to the destitute and poor.

what becomes tentatively bordering on legal boundaries is a discount offered to me by an ah lian auntie over a freshly squeezed sugar cane drink. privately she would tell me flirtatiously to keep my change which easily translates to a discount. the moment she pushes back on my loose change (she still accepts my dollar denominations) with a wink and i reluctantly accept the gesture by gulping down the drink, i'm guilty of quid but not quo as i refrain from gesturing back or ending up between her legs. i'm the jaga of the warehouse where she gets her sugar cane supplies shipped to her.

is this illegal? am i guilty of corruption? :p

hsienloong

Alfrescian
Loyal
i'm faced with a quid pro quo dilemma. while my rerationship with my randrady is based on quid pro quo, and i'm fully guilty of it, it's not illegal nor prosecutable as this is a private deal between two consenting adults. and it's not like i get away scot free with each month's rent. the need of the randrady is not regular and monthly. on some months i performed yet had to shell out rental payments. it all depends on the mood of powerful randrady who holds the upper hand in providing shelter to the destitute and poor.

what becomes tentatively bordering on legal boundaries is a discount offered to me by an ah lian auntie over a freshly squeezed sugar cane drink. privately she would tell me flirtatiously to keep my change which easily translates to a discount. the moment she pushes back on my loose change (she still accepts my dollar denominations) with a wink and i reluctantly accept the gesture by gulping down the drink, i'm guilty of quid but not quo as i refrain from gesturing back or ending up between her legs. i'm the jaga of the warehouse where she gets her sugar cane supplies shipped to her.

To put it to perspective, your sugar cane and "deed" are equally sine qua non.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To put it to perspective, your sugar cane and "deed" are equally sine qua non.

great! another latin linguist. i can easily substitute sugar cane beverage with freshly squeezed milk from auntie's chichis. will that be mammālis natura? a true sine qua non? :confused:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

What happened to Claire? :biggrin:

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Are you a member of the PAP? If so, you did nothing illegal.

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal

Good morning Eat :smile:

I have been a little busy last two days to pen my pieces.

On your hypothetical scenario, while it may not be prosecutable given the difficulty in proving what is essentially a "domestic" scenario, coupled by the legal application of the de minimis rule ∼it is nonetheless an ethically conflict of interest scenario, which should be avoided.

This culture of quid pro quo breeds the 贪小便宜 mindset, especially amongst the older generation, and is still prevalent amongst the younger folks. It should be strongly discouraged.

Have a great day elder brother. XOXO :smile:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
p180994_d_v8_aa.jpg

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Droit du seigneur (/ˈdrɑː də seɪˈnjɜːr/; French pronunciation: ​[dʁwa dy sɛɲœʁ]), also known as jus primae noctis (/ʒʌs ˈpraɪmiː ˈnɒktᵻs/; Latin pronunciation: [ju:s ˈpri:mae̯ 'nɔktɪs]), refers to a supposed legal right in medieval Europe, and elsewhere, allowing feudal lords to have sexual relations with subordinate women on their wedding night.

In the Hawaiian Islands, marriage in the Western sense did not exist until the arrival of Christian missionaries; there was no word for husband or wife in the Hawaiian language. The privilege for chiefs was often observed, according to "Sexual Behavior in Pre Contact Hawai‘i" by Milton Diamond.[14] A young girl's parents viewed the coupling with favor.[15] If she were lucky, she might conceive his offspring and be allowed to keep it. When western ships arrived, young girls and wives eagerly coupled with sailors who, given their weapons and large ships, may be gods.[16]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Droit_du_seigneur

Now, you peasants may address me as Lord Asterix and I have come to claim my right as a natural aristocrat! Extra egg with char kway teow is for traitor translators who rose to power by deceiving the swinish multitude who loved being talked down to. My right comes from above ................

[video=youtube;FtCcuzGUug4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtCcuzGUug4[/video]

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i practise da quid pro quo with my crazy psychologist in da mental asylum,sometimes he share with me his fantasies of man eating(gastronomically not male genitalia anatomically like some gay lords jah jah jamban binks on this website),in return i share with him some of my childhood nightmares.

[video=youtube;YlRLfbONYgM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlRLfbONYgM[/video]

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good morning Eat :smile:

I have been a little busy last two days to pen my pieces.

On your hypothetical scenario, while it may not be prosecutable given the difficulty in proving what is essentially a "domestic" scenario, coupled by the legal application of the de minimis rule ∼it is nonetheless an ethically conflict of interest scenario, which should be avoided.

This culture of quid pro quo breeds the 贪小便宜 mindset, especially amongst the older generation, and is still prevalent amongst the younger folks. It should be strongly discouraged.

Have a great day elder brother. XOXO :smile:

good evening sister. first of all, thanks for your legal opinion (know you are legally trained) and secondly, i agree it's a conflict of interest which is cancerous over time. if there's every opportunity to confront it, the not-so-best practice needs to be nipped in the bud. the exchange of favors breeds an obligatory "i scratch your back and you scratch mine" culture, and the moment the back and forth abruptly stops for unfortunate and or unreconciled reasons, the animosity, disappointment and disbelief may erupt into open hostility, ending any friendship or relationship in the meanest of ways. and pettiness and grudges ensue. i've seen it in real life and on this forum. :eek:

appreciate your reply and enjoy your afternoon. xoxo to you and a flying muak to sue. :p