• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Quarrel Using Foul Language - Can You Sue Or Be Sued?

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can a person sue or be sued when he/she quarrel using foul language?

Anyone here know something about Sillypore's law?
Will there be a different (in terms of legal trouble) if a person use foul language on a woman versus on a man?

Last edited:

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Me no see no problems with using foul language
It's all about freedom of speech
Don't know or care about Sillypore's laws
As TS implied any such law
Would be silly and is based on the premise
Sinkies are daft or ball-less
But in some other places, police can be scolded
If they don't do job properly
Yes, by a woman using ahem ... foul language

[video=youtube;ym03Q1MrECg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ym03Q1MrECg[/video]

Last edited:

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
I had someone who used foul language infront of me and a police officer, I turned to the Police officer to take action, he could not, as the abuser just said, "Did I mention your name?" So she just continued.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nothing wrong.....we listen to foul language in cinemas, videos, movies and radio........in the hawker centres, kopitiams, etc.

Calling someone "Dun talk cock" or tweeting "KNNBCCB", like Nicole Seah did, is alright what......

Everything also so scared, might as well jump into Bedok Reservior!

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nothing wrong.....we listen to foul language in cinemas, videos, movies and radio........in the hawker centres, kopitiams, etc.

Calling someone "Dun talk cock" or tweeting "KNNBCCB", like Nicole Seah did, is alright what......

Since you claimed to be a Sinkie and not scared, did you ever tried using foul language on a Sinkie lady?

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would think so. The judge (by my judgement) is going to look at the damage done and if there are none, probably will throw the case out of court. As someone mentioned earlier, we hear foul language everywhere and for some people, it might even be normal. Now, since we're on this subject, I would like to see a law passed that would criminalize the use of vulgar language in public places especially where there are children around, but I don't see how this law could be enacted and enforced.

Some time back, my in-law did the responsible caring fatherly duty of taking his 11 year old son to a football game I think at Jln Besar. He later he told me he regretted doing that as all around were people swearing and cursing in all languages. I told him that was in some way educational for the kid.

Cheers!

That means it will be a waste of time for us to sue.

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I would think so. The judge (by my judgement) is going to look at the damage done and if there are none, probably will throw the case out of court. As someone mentioned earlier, we hear foul language everywhere and for some people, it might even be normal. Now, since we're on this subject, I would like to see a law passed that would criminalize the use of vulgar language in public places especially where there are children around, but I don't see how this law could be enacted and enforced.

Some time back, my in-law did the responsible caring fatherly duty of taking his 11 year old son to a football game I think at Jln Besar. He later he told me he regretted doing that as all around were people swearing and cursing in all languages. I told him that was in some way educational for the kid.

Cheers!

Yes. There has been cursing and swearing at many public places but what if foul language is used in "not so public places" like office or toilet.
Will the court rule based on the same judgement as "waste of time" if we sue?

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
that is what happen when you hang around with low life sinkie losers...should stay away from them.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nope. Its up to the owner of the facility to make the rules then.

BTW, it just crossed my mind that what might be considered foul or offensive to some might be be perfectly normal for others. I've had a senior manager at my office who starts of every sentence with "kan ni nar...." and everybody around including women accepted it from him. It took me a while to get used to him because from school days we'd tell the person "Eh, don't say mother can or not?" Just don't take these words too seriously and you'll be fine. Overall, I think its comical so long as young children are not around. But I ensure I do not use it unless I mean to get some crap of my chest.

Cheers!

Yes. There has been cursing and swearing at many public places but what if foul language is used in "not so public places" like office or toilet.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Nicole Seah where got tweet "KNNBCCB"?

Prove it or apologize now.

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can a person sue or be sued when he/she quarrel using foul language?

Anyone here know something about Sillypore's law?
Will there be a different (in terms of legal trouble) if a person use foul language on a woman versus on a man?

lianbeng noticed many forumers doing that here leh! :biggrin: how?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I will surely sue the next time IHP use it on me again. :oIo: IHP :oIo: IHP :oIo: IHP :oIo: IHP :oIo: IHP :oIo: IHP

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I had someone who used foul language infront of me and a police officer, I turned to the Police officer to take action, he could not, as the abuser just said, "Did I mention your name?" So she just continued.

I concur....have used it publicly on public servants when even the police were called in....bo taichee.
That's said, I have yet to scold a actual policeman....not sure if any difference....you know them SPF like to cook a charge like disturbing the peace or what not....

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Since you claimed to be a Sinkie and not scared, did you ever tried using foul language on a Sinkie lady?

Of course one should not use foul language on the lady what. But on a bitch, it is ok.

I've used foul language on a PRC bitch before but never used foul language on any other woman before.

Of course I not scared if I have to use foul language on a woman, but not direct words like "fuck you" or she will misunderstand and think I really want to fuck her......but you can use words like "you're a bitch!" or "you're a prostitute" or something like that.....nothing wrong. It's not defamatory or criminal. Sometimes, the police try to scare you that it is criminal or the woman says she will report to police.....but it is not criminal, just a verbal quarrel......nothing to charge or sue.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Sue what? You actually think any judge will hear the case? You think the judge so free? Even a lawyer will not take it up.

What exactly is your problem? Why so scared? Tell the woman go ahead, sue you......then scold her more foul language and see what she can do.

Stop being a wussy.