• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Qantas Grounds Entire Fleet

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now... has it ever occurred to some of you pro-employer people that the union might have a case? Or are you so accustomed to PAP paternalistic style? Whatever internal struggles a company may have, the last thing you should do is to cause thosands of customers to suffer. Yes you can close down Qantas for all i care, but you don't leave tens of thousands of customers stranded. Alan Joyce's action will increase the loss of Qantas, not reduced. This is desperate management. This reflects the style of someone who have no charisma and no negotiation skill.

Last edited:

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In this industry, it is not impossible to perform sabotaging of aircraft and that endangers lives. No airline will ever admit that it ever occurred from their own maintenance employee/s but it does happen. Unions may be a cause for the lockdown, but it will not surprise me that Qantas is also afraid or have even done some investigations that justifies their recent action. No one will ever know but the extreme and drastic measures is very telling, especially after the many recent incidents of their aircraft that could have ended with many lives being lost.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Now... has it ever occurred to some of you pro-employer people that the union might have a case? Or are you so accustomed to PAP paternalistic style? Whatever internal struggles a company may have, the last thing you should do is to cause thosands of customers to suffer. Yes you can close down Qantas for all i care, but you don't leave tens of thousands of customers stranded. Alan Joyce's action will increase the loss of Qantas, not reduced. This is desperate management. This reflects the style of someone who have no charisma and no negotiation skill.

Foreign Talent of course!

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hi, I think this Joyce guy is will benefit. He is tired of the strikes at Qantas as he needs to cut cost to earn his millions, however if the Fair Work Australia ask for a suspension and he needs to lift the 'grounding' it also means that the unions for now cannot strike tooo..that is what his game is...I am not sure but it looks like this Joyce guy will win...He has the Qantas board and shareholders with him

Last edited:

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Hi, I think this Joyce guy is will benefit. He is tired of the strikes at Qantas as he needs to cut cost to earn his millions, however if the Fair Work Australia ask for a suspension and he needs to lift the 'grounding' it also means that the unions for now cannot strike tooo..that is what his game is...I am not sure but it looks like this Joyce guy will win...He has the Qantas board and shareholders with him

I truly admire and salute his courage, his guts and his decision.He is the man like Mr Lee Kuan Yew. The aussies have to be taught a lesson! You have to work hard for your wages and for your keep. High salaries and benefits don't just fall from the sky! But they have it good for many years - lucky people living in a lucky country. But sometimes luck do run out.Then you live in a shithole - luck or no luck.Shithole and dunghole will soon follow.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I truly admire and salute his courage, his guts and his decision.He is the man like Mr Lee Kuan Yew. The aussies have to be taught a lesson! You have to work hard for your wages and for your keep. High salaries and benefits don't just fall from the sky! But they have it good for many years - lucky people living in a lucky country. But sometimes luck do run out.Then you live in a shithole - luck or no luck.Shithole and dunghole will soon follow.

You are comparing Joyce with LKY?, that is amazing, like comparing the termites hill to a The Pinnacle @Dunxton, get the drift!. Situations, country, culture differ...admire Joyce for the guts, yes!, LKY, way out!

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You are comparing Joyce with LKY?, that is amazing, like comparing the termites hill to a The Pinnacle @Dunxton, get the drift!. Situations, country, culture differ...admire Joyce for the guts, yes!, LKY, way out!

you're right! me old uncle agree.but LKY is the best politician in the universe.nobody can compare with him. termites or pinnacles...Joyce got the LKY blood in him.the fire in the belly.the knuckles.the courage.the decisiveness.the strength and the fortitude. yes, Joyce is not LKY. lky is way above Joyce!...come limkopi with me...

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you're right! me old uncle agree.but LKY is the best politician in the universe.nobody can compare with him. termites or pinnacles...Joyce got the LKY blood in him.the fire in the belly.the knuckles.the courage.the decisiveness.the strength and the fortitude. yes, Joyce is not LKY. lky is way above Joyce!...come limkopi with me...

limkopi at the Complex near to The Pinnacle@Duxton, no way! ha ha ha ha:smile:

Areopagus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course.....

But then again, some people would rather have a situation where the unions organise profit making supermarkets, insurance companies and taxi services and stay silent while jobs are outsourced to cheaper and sometimes lower quality foreign workers....

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Of course.....

But then again, some people would rather have a situation where the unions organise profit making supermarkets, insurance companies and taxi services and stay silent while jobs are outsourced to cheaper and sometimes lower quality foreign workers....

all my uncles and aunties in my kopitiam agree with what you said. everyday they complain. everyday one of them will come to join me..limkopi singsongtalkcock because they are retrenched and lost their jobs to cheaperer, fasterer and foreingerer workers. you say very tioh! i kechui!!!

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All caused by corporate greed, keep lowest costs and get the highest profits. With so many 3rd world nations like Phils, China and India that has millions of cheap labour hungry for work in the 1st world countries, no wonder Oz, Europe and even Singapore locals earn depressed wages. On the other hand, the top echelons get away with ludicrous payouts. It is no wonder Occupy Wall Street is happening everywhere.

xenomorph

Alfrescian
Loyal
corporate greed, unions greed, workers greed!

ceo took pay cuts since global financial crisis.

qantas a380 pilots earn more than the ceo.

unions leaders earn more than the ceo.

ground workers earn 5x SIA ground crew.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
All caused by corporate greed, keep lowest costs and get the highest profits. With so many 3rd world nations like Phils, China and India that has millions of cheap labour hungry for work in the 1st world countries, no wonder Oz, Europe and even Singapore locals earn depressed wages. On the other hand, the top echelons get away with ludicrous payouts. It is no wonder Occupy Wall Street is happening everywhere.

That is why a true Union cause should be supported. A true union as in, NOT something like our NTUC.
The top 1% who holds 90% of the world wealth will just keep getting richer because of their position of power and influence. I could aspire to be part of the top 1%, but for the sake of my children, my family, my friends, and mankind in general, i support all actions that could tilt the balance of wealth sharing and reduce income inequality.

The big boss came back from our Korea office cursing with four letter words - never before has he been brought to the table to negotiate with the "lowly" staff in our little office up north. Our HQ rep from Europe was particularly attentive to what the Koreans had to say because we have had a spate of suicides in other parts of the world. We wanted to sack a few staff leading the union... but instead we ended up employing a few more to work... while leaving the union leaders on our payroll at the same time spending most of their time fighting the company. They virtually brought our boss to his knees. I quietly smiled... because i know the Koreans have a case. Such is the power of the Korean unions, and i don't think Korea's progress is inhibited in anyway by the negotiating power of the labour union.

Only fools believe that powerful unions will kill the country.

Last edited:

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
the massive income divided has to be addressed.the huge economic divide has to be addressed. the monstrous salary gap has be addressed. the political,social and peoples' divide has to be addressed in a fair and honest manner. otherwise all hell will just break loose one day. stability can be very deceptive. do not delude ourselves. the undercurrent of unrest are there...rumbling like a furious volcano about to erupt. take note laupehs laubus...lauhias lauchais..all take note...i limkopi everyday and i hear the rumblings from the ground getting stronger and stronger everyday!

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Allan Joyce won the battle - round 1. The verdict is still not out as to who wins the war.

Allan J maybe sack to please union but the management/shareholder win. Maybe new CEO but the outcome still the same if union boycott management will order to close the airline. In the end union will left with no choice.
Very soon management will employ new employee with the contract that they will not be union member.