• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Prostitution thrives in Singapore

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/A5N7tMa2phQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
prostitution is legal in singapore mah....

The SPF can clamp down on prostitution but it will drive it underground. also with the huge cheap foreign labour, many foreign men need relief. if no prostitute, ur wife, sisters and daughters may not be safe.

so is prostitution a necessary evil ?

Meltdown

Alfrescian
Loyal
The SPF can clamp down on prostitution but it will drive it underground. also with the huge cheap foreign labour, many foreign men need relief. if no prostitute, ur wife, sisters and daughters may not be safe.

I don't think so. Look at the USA, prostitution in most states are illegal except in Nevada and Rhode Island. Even in those 2 legal states, they are allowed only in certain designated areas regulated by state laws and local ordinances.

Those who took the risk of engaging in illegal prostitution risk going to jail. The Johns, whores, and pimps can be jailed for engaging in illegal prostitution. Yes, Johns can be jailed for hiring illegal prostitutes in America.

Prostitution is very rampant in Asian countries because visiting prostitutes is very common amongst Asian men as it's no big deal to them. But for most Western men in western countries, it's not as common.

Have you noticed that prostitution thrives in major cities in western countries where there are large Asian population? Any major western cities with large Asian population also bring along Triad gangs and illegal whores from Asian countries.

Please don't wrongly accuse me of racism. I am just stating what I have observed because I have personally resided both in Asia and in the West on long term basis.

Clone

Alfrescian
Loyal

All vices are necessary evil.

If there is no vice, then I worry.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't think so. Look at the USA, prostitution in most states are illegal except in Nevada and Rhode Island. Even in those 2 legal states, they are allowed only in certain designated areas regulated by state laws and local ordinances.

Those who took the risk of engaging in illegal prostitution risk going to jail. The Johns, whores, and pimps can be jailed for engaging in illegal prostitution. Yes, Johns can be jailed for hiring illegal prostitutes in America.

Prostitution is very rampant in Asian countries because visiting prostitutes is very common amongst Asian men as it's no big deal to them. But for most Western men in western countries, it's not as common.

Have you noticed that prostitution thrives in major cities in western countries where there are large Asian population? Any major western cities with large Asian population also bring along Triad gangs and illegal whores from Asian countries.

Please don't wrongly accuse me of racism. I am just stating what I have observed because I have personally resided both in Asia and in the West on long term basis.

will SG gals be safe from molest or rapes if the foreigners cant get relief from legalised prostitutes? i understand that what they need is a basic instinct

Meltdown

Alfrescian
Loyal
will SG gals be safe from molest or rapes if the foreigners cant get relief from legalised prostitutes? i understand that what they need is a basic instinct

IMHO, I don't think SG gals will be safe if prostitution is not legal in SG. That's why the gov't has no choice but to allow it. It's a basic instinct only to foreign men who are not Christians guided by the Holy Spirit. Even for foreign Christian men, they are not immune to lust and temptation which may overwhelm them to do stupid things which they regret later.

The USA is a Christian nation founded on Christian principles that's why prostitution has been illegal in most parts of the country for hundreds of years. The U.S. Constitution states that all men (which includes women BTW) are created equal under God with certain inalienable rights. The USA as a nation has a covenant (an agreement) with God when the country was founded in 1776.

Please don't wrongly accuse me of being a religious fanatic. I am just stating the underlying principles regarding how America was founded by it's founding fathers.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
IMHO, I don't think SG gals will be safe if prostitution is not legal in SG. That's why the gov't has no choice but to allow it. It's a basic instinct only to foreign men who are not Christians guided by the Holy Spirit. Even for foreign Christian men, they are not immune to lust and temptation which may overwhelm them to do stupid things which they regret later.

The USA is a Christian nation founded on Christian principles that's why prostitution has been illegal in most parts of the country for hundreds of years. The U.S. Constitution states that all men (which includes women BTW) are created equal under God with certain inalienable rights. The USA as a nation has a covenant (an agreement) with God when the country was founded in 1776.

Please don't wrongly accuse me of being a religious fanatic. I am just stating the underlying principles regarding how America was founded by it's founding fathers.

America was never founded as a Christian country. Most of its founders were deists. A few were atheists. Quite a few were Freemasons.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
one willing to sell another willing to pay ..there nothing wrong with it . those prostitute always justify their greed for money by saying they are being force to work as pros ...what a joke !!!

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
one willing to sell another willing to pay ..there nothing wrong with it . those prostitute always justify their greed for money by saying they are being force to work as pros ...what a joke !!!

I could say the same for women who proclaim to marry only for love but wouldn't give poor blokes a second glance.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I could say the same for women who proclaim to marry only for love but wouldn't give poor blokes a second glance.

nowaday no woman will say they will marry for love ...guess they know that statement does not work at all :wink:

IreneYeoh

Alfrescian
Loyal

nowaday no woman will say they will marry for love ...guess they know that statement does not work at all :wink:

If a man is ugly how to give 2nd glance or fall in love? If a man is penniless, how to give 2nd glance or fall in love? Falling in love must have chance. Be fair and realistic, looks and money increase the chances. Don't blame women for everything, OK? You guys do the same thing to women too.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
the oldest profession in the world. if there is no geylangs and deskers, i think all our womenfolks will be in grave danger!!!...just look at those hungry young FTs here....even our locals need geylangs and deskers...shut them off and you get a nightmare!

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal

Prostituition existis everywhere in the world. Many states in USA (and Canada) do not have "red light" districts, but sexual services are available by street hookers, call girls, massage services, phone, internet, pimps, etc. You got the cash, they got the goods. No one country can point at another country and say we're "cleaner" than you. It's human nature. I am sure even in the strictest reliogious locations on earth, there is prostituition. And illegal booze. And illicit drugs. Can't find it on the streets? You'd find it in hotels.

Cheers!

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal

Most of the clientele are local men. The rich expats got SPGs, the poor foreign general labourere cannot afford. I knew someone who used to run a brothel in Geylang. He opens from morning. The morning clients were local men who visited for a quick one just after dropping their kids off at kindergarten. Throughout the day, salesmen come in, sometimes for themselves, sometimes with their clients. A good numbe were "shift" workers back from their duty, on the way home. This "buddy" of mine didn't have to serve reservist. His declared monthly income was 16k.

Cheers!

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If a man is ugly how to give 2nd glance or fall in love? If a man is penniless, how to give 2nd glance or fall in love? Falling in love must have chance. Be fair and realistic, looks and money increase the chances. Don't blame women for everything, OK? You guys do the same thing to women too.

do men and women fall in love or fall into lust at first sight?