• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Property News

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
20 year appreciation is only considered adjustment for inflation lah, not investment, especially with bank loan interest north of 4% . Either you guys are lousy investors, or in total denial.

Anyway I can bet even given 20 years, Iskandar property cannot even compare with 20 year appreciation of HDB.

Maybe so. But then again I thought critics of JB said we are not supposed to think JB is anyway like Singapore or compare it to Singapore aka comparing apples to oranges, so uhhhhh....why are they comparing JB to Singapore...again? Are critics employing double standards here?

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Medini%20bare%20land%20to%20post2_zpsiz6n9sly.jpg

A photo I took while exploring Medini. Look at how huge the land they have there. This area is not even planned yet. In the distant right side of the picture, you can see many condos currently under construction.

This area is of course not the only bare land available. There are lots and lots elsewhere.

Sorry to debunk. A microscopic picture is not going to tell a story into the future.
Where is this place? On what basis you are claiming "This area is not even planned yet."?
Have you seen the master plan? What is it zoned for?
Where there are dirt tracks and bare land without trees, that means ground works had begun and this place had been surveyed. Why not take a picture of dense forest in Endau Rompin and claim there's nothing here.
Malaysia has nothing much but when it come to land, we got plenty. It is a matter where it is.

If I were you guys, the first thing I would get is the master plan and see where to plant my flags.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
20 year appreciation is only considered adjustment for inflation lah, not investment, especially with bank loan interest north of 4% . Either you guys are lousy investors, or in total denial.

Anyway I can bet even given 20 years, Iskandar property cannot even compare with 20 year appreciation of HDB.

You are saying that after 20 years, a 1000% appreciation of the face value, even after adjusting for inflation and interest, is a bad deal? I rest my case.

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
So Aussie ppties in hot soup now ? I see someone panicking n trying to slam n pull Iskandar down :wink:

Hot soup indeed. Agents selling Aussie properties are panicking and getting desperate. My posts are from credible sources such as Sydney Morning Herald, and not like the whims and fancies of these agents driven by desperate attempts to misguide people and salvage their business ....

This Bloodbath had been predicted middle of last year. What we are seeing now is just the tip of the iceberg.

The best to do is completely ignore these desperate agents, not get discouraged by their slanderings, and keep posting the reality so that people don't get misguided ......

As some folks have posted earlier, it is always good to see both sides of the coin. I have no issues with anyone posting negative about Iskandar or positive about Australia. As an investor, I would like to hear all opinions. However, I can see some people get extremely annoyed to the extent that they resort into online slandering on any negative posts on Australia, for reasons best known to them.

Here is more on the bloodbath that was predicted, this is from Sydney Morning Herald .....

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-polit...bath-collapse-economists-20150622-ghu8a6.html

As per this article .....

And the largest oversupply is in Melbourne where there has been a frenzy of inner-city apartment building. They forecast the total available homes in Victoria outstrip demand by 123,000.
NSW has a surplus of more than 40,000, according to their analysis, which was based on data from the Australian Bureau of Statistics.

"Contrary to the analyses of the vested interests, the data clearly establishes Australia is in the midst of the largest housing bubble on record. Policymakers are caught between a rock and a hard place, as implementing needed reforms will likely burst the bubble," Mr David and Mr Soos state in a submission on behalf of real estate and financial services research house LF Economics.

They believe the current bubble is worse than those in the 1880s, 1920s, mid-1970s and late 1980s.

"Australian economic history and recent international events illustrate collapsing housing bubbles can quickly increase the number of unsold properties [stale stock], shattering the pervasive myth of a deleterious dwelling shortage," they wrote.

"Falling housing and rental prices, including sales, would be a doomsday trifecta for investors as they suffer losses in both capital prices and net rental incomes.

"This calamitous outcome is especially likely in Melbourne where rents have not increased in real terms since 2010. Melbourne is primed to become the epicentre of a legendary housing market crash due to the combination of a staggering boom in real housing prices [178 per cent]. Perth is also in a serious predicament."

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hot soup indeed. Agents selling Aussie properties are panicking and getting desperate. My posts are from credible sources such as Sydney Morning Herald, and not like the whims and fancies of these agents driven by desperate attempts to misguide people and salvage their business ....

This Bloodbath had been predicted middle of last year. What we are seeing now is just the tip of the iceberg.

The best to do is completely ignore these desperate agents, not get discouraged by their slanderings, and keep posting the reality so that people don't get misguided ......

As some folks have posted earlier, it is always good to see both sides of the coin. I have no issues with anyone posting negative about Iskandar or positive about Australia. As an investor, I would like to hear all opinions. However, I can see some people get extremely annoyed to the extent that they resort into online slandering on any negative posts on Australia, for reasons best known to them.

Here is more on the bloodbath that was predicted, this is from Sydney Morning Herald .....

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-polit...bath-collapse-economists-20150622-ghu8a6.html

As per this article .....

And the largest oversupply is in Melbourne where there has been a frenzy of inner-city apartment building. They forecast the total available homes in Victoria outstrip demand by 123,000.
NSW has a surplus of more than 40,000, according to their analysis, which was based on data from the Australian Bureau of Statistics.

"Contrary to the analyses of the vested interests, the data clearly establishes Australia is in the midst of the largest housing bubble on record. Policymakers are caught between a rock and a hard place, as implementing needed reforms will likely burst the bubble," Mr David and Mr Soos state in a submission on behalf of real estate and financial services research house LF Economics.

They believe the current bubble is worse than those in the 1880s, 1920s, mid-1970s and late 1980s.

"Australian economic history and recent international events illustrate collapsing housing bubbles can quickly increase the number of unsold properties [stale stock], shattering the pervasive myth of a deleterious dwelling shortage," they wrote.

"Falling housing and rental prices, including sales, would be a doomsday trifecta for investors as they suffer losses in both capital prices and net rental incomes.

"This calamitous outcome is especially likely in Melbourne where rents have not increased in real terms since 2010. Melbourne is primed to become the epicentre of a legendary housing market crash due to the combination of a staggering boom in real housing prices [178 per cent]. Perth is also in a serious predicament."

Please lah same story for Johor. Iskandar agents now working overtime liao, seize opportunities to write about OZ market.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are saying that after 20 years, a 1000% appreciation of the face value, even after adjusting for inflation and interest, is a bad deal? I rest my case.

If all properties also appreciate at the same rate, yes, it is called adjusting for inflation.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Damn bo liao… Which country dun have bare land?
Clutching at straws.

Yawn!
:cool:

No matter how you look at it, Singapore will never have that level of bare land as Johor and stagnant population. Thanks for paying homage to me, clutching at straws lol.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry to debunk. A microscopic picture is not going to tell a story into the future.
Where is this place? On what basis you are claiming "This area is not even planned yet."?
Have you seen the master plan? What is it zoned for?
Where there are dirt tracks and bare land without trees, that means ground works had begun and this place had been surveyed. Why not take a picture of dense forest in Endau Rompin and claim there's nothing here.
Malaysia has nothing much but when it come to land, we got plenty. It is a matter where it is.

If I were you guys, the first thing I would get is the master plan and see where to plant my flags.

Better off looking at Singapore URA masterplans, right now West is the place to watch in Singapore from the recent budget announcement of a Silicon Valley there.

freekazoid

Alfrescian
Loyal
"No matter how you look at it, Singapore will never have that level of bare land as Johor"
Duuhhh...is that suppose to be an intelligent response?

"and stagnant population."
This one is for sure unintelligent response...

The better Singapore is...the better for Jb to piggyback :biggrin:

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Better off looking at Singapore URA masterplans, right now West is the place to watch in Singapore from the recent budget announcement of a Silicon Valley there.

That's why i keep telling people to go back to Singapore. Iskandar do not need you.
But these people keep sticking around. Why so thick skinned? There is no point investing in Iskandar.
Go back to Singapore..Shoooo.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's why i keep telling people to go back to Singapore. Iskandar do not need you.
But these people keep sticking around. Why so thick skinned? There is no point investing in Iskandar.
Go back to Singapore..Shoooo.

They can keep kpkb abt hw backward Iskandar is...till cow cm hm. They can claimed tat they r doing investors a favour warning them the many risks in buying properties at Iskandar. But we all know they have other hidden agenda

Btw hor...y cant tat two clowns instead of harping d same warning over n over like broken recorder warning ppl refrain buying Iskandar properties, why cant they put it up as their signature instead of wasting bandwidth?

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
They can keep kpkb abt hw backward Iskandar is...till cow cm hm. They can claimed tat they r doing investors a favour warning them the many risks in buying properties at Iskandar. But we all know they have other hidden agenda

Btw hor...y cant tat two clowns instead of harping d same warning over n over like broken recorder warning ppl refrain buying Iskandar properties, why cant they put it up as their signature instead of wasting bandwidth?

Singapore is the best. Stay at home. Safe and sound.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore is the best. Stay at home. Safe and sound.

Yes. I also heard so many time he kept repeating sinkieland can mske many fold. Then he shld promote n post more on Sinkieland. If i were him i wld open up a new thread on"Investment in Sinkieland". Pao chiak one!

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. I also heard so many time he kept repeating sinkieland can mske many fold. Then he shld promote n post more on Sinkieland. If i were him i wld open up a new thread on"Investment in Sinkieland". Pao chiak one!

True. Singapore pau chiak. Very safe investments. How low also cannot be as low as Iskandar will be in 20 years time.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mass-market homes saw the biggest drop.

Overall home prices in Singapore dropped by 0.7% quarter-on-quarter in the first three months of the year, according to flash estimates released by the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA).

Mass-market homes in the Outside Central Region (OCR) saw the largest decline in prices with a 0.9% contraction. In contrast, prices of luxury homes in the Core Central Region (CCR) rose by 0.4%. Prices of homes in the Rest of Central Region (RCR) dropped by 0.4%.

The flash estimates are compiled based on transaction prices given in contracts submitted for stamp duty payment and data on new units sold by developers up until mid-March.

The statistics will be updated 4 weeks later when URA releases the full real estate statistics for 1st Quarter 2016, which captures more data from the stamp duty records and the take-up of new projects.

- See more at: http://sbr.com.sg/residential-prope...-prices-dropped-07-in-q1#sthash.ZZeyribd.dpuf

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
True. Singapore pau chiak. Very safe investments. How low also cannot be as low as Iskandar will be in 20 years time.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mass-market homes saw the biggest drop.

Overall home prices in Singapore dropped by 0.7% quarter-on-quarter in the first three months of the year, according to flash estimates released by the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA).

Mass-market homes in the Outside Central Region (OCR) saw the largest decline in prices with a 0.9% contraction. In contrast, prices of luxury homes in the Core Central Region (CCR) rose by 0.4%. Prices of homes in the Rest of Central Region (RCR) dropped by 0.4%.

The flash estimates are compiled based on transaction prices given in contracts submitted for stamp duty payment and data on new units sold by developers up until mid-March.

The statistics will be updated 4 weeks later when URA releases the full real estate statistics for 1st Quarter 2016, which captures more data from the stamp duty records and the take-up of new projects.

- See more at: http://sbr.com.sg/residential-prope...-prices-dropped-07-in-q1#sthash.ZZeyribd.dpuf

At least the market in Singapore is transparent, Malaysia have what? How much Singapore property drop also cannot beat Malaysia lah